1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

YiHiEcigar SX350J Temp Control chip

Discussion in 'Temperature Control board Talk' started by -V-, Jan 25, 2015.

1. -V-
    Cool

-V- Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

Could be interesting as their standard Wattage chips are just fine

Features

* The 2nd generation vapor intelligent chip
    * Upgradable chip
    * Mechanical mod Killer-Bypass mode (direct connection mode)
    * 3 modes"Powerful", "Standard" and "Soft"
    * Variable Joule & Variable Wattage

* Low resistance 0.08 Ohms

* 200°F-580°F /100℃-300℃
    * OLED 0.91" Screen
    * Both Gravity Sensor&up/down button adjust the wattage/Variable Joule

* Rotary display.

We are glad to share this chip with you. Stock available in the middle of March.

33.jpg

22.jpg

temp control chip SX350J

2. lordofthedread
    Cloud_9

lordofthedread Professional Lurker

At last some competitor to the DNA 40, let's see what they come up with.

3. -V-
    Cool

They'll be putting the new chip into their SX Mini mod once out

Screen Shot 2558-01-25 at 10.20.09 PM.png

It was asked if the old SX Mini chip/mod could be just upgraded by firmware, they said no, but maybe a board swap could be done

Screen Shot 2558-01-25 at 10.19.52 PM.png

4. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

Not sure why but I have a feeling this is going to be better than the Evolv chip. Also the single battery hitting 60W and the double 120W makes me very intertested in it.

5. judas
    Amused

judas Lethargic Member

Competition is always good for the consumer. I'll follow the lessons learnt from Evolv's temp control debut and wait until it becomes a proven product before spending the Baht ;)

Siam Diesel likes this.
  6. -V-
    Cool

Me too, we've seen all these problems with the dna 40 chips, and you can bet that YiHi have been following and also probably had the dnd 40 chip in hand to test out, they will hit back with something good I'd say....

Once again, 2015 is going to be an explosive (in a positive way I hope) vaping year

7. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

I agree with both of these. With the quality of the SX chips atm I really hope they haven't released something that will take away from the stellar reputation they are gradually building up.

8. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

Sounds interesting, but what metal are you going to need in temp control mode at max 1 ohm, that's a lot of nickel or can they temp sense kanthal?

9. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

Looks like a great chip to me. Besides of the temperature control I like the gravity control that is build in. I think that was what got Pbusardo to flip out a little, when he presented the sxmini, where the screen rotates controlled by the chips gravity control.

10. mash
    Nerdy

mash zZz

Its hard to do as kanthal's ohm change when hot is not the same for diff. size's of wire, so it will have to know what size wire is used to do it i think.

11. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

Once more details are known I might have to get a dual custom box made up. I really like the idea of the temp control but have steered away from it with the problems Evolv have had. But firing down to 0.08 will remove some of the problems if is is Nickel with the low resistance. Having said that the typical of 1.5ohms makes me wonder if they are going to use something else instead.
    **Updated**
    Just sent an inquiry about what wire it is calibrated to. Hopefully they don't consider this propriety information still. It's being released soon after all.

12. -V-
    Cool

I read the typical for using it in Joules mode, temp mode, at 0.55 ohms myself, which is around the same as the dna 40 i think

Screen Shot 2558-01-26 at 12.24.25 AM.png

Don't forget when using the temp mode the Wattage is kind of made redundant, all it really does is get you to the set temperature faster so to speak, as it's the temperature which is being used not the wattage.

13. -V-
    Cool

If say you have your temp set at 380 F and your Wattage at 30 Watts, you'll reach the set temp for your coil faster...
    If you set it at 20 Watts it will take a little longer to get up to the temperature of your coil....

Longtail1 likes this.
  14. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

MIssed that. Didn't realise they would be different to tell the truth. lol Thanks V

My only real problem with nickel is the low resistance and wire gauge used, as it is a regulated device. I do like to have the thicker gauges with the higher watts to get the maximum surface area I can and still get good flavour. But with the 0.12 minimum in joules mode it should be achievable. Never used nickel though so it would be a trial and error situation until I got it right.

15. -V-
    Cool

Here's the Evolv dna 40 temp coil info
    Same as Evolv mate

Screen Shot 2558-01-26 at 12.38.35 AM.png

http://www.evolvapor.com/datasheet/dna40.pdf