1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

YiHi SXmini ML-Class

Discussion in 'Temperature Control board Talk' started by Rick O-Shea, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Jomtienpattaya
    Cheerful

Jomtienpattaya Rak Thailand Rak khun

Nice quick taster it's good to see they will make it lighter also , but no mention of a little more extra power

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

2. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea Thread Starter iStick Fanboy

I'm still wondering why the first screenshots had 7.16v reading from the battery; Maybe it was just shopped or taken with that stupid extension tube?

Siam Diesel and Jomtienpattaya like this.
  3. Jomtienpattaya
    Cheerful

Jomtienpattaya Rak Thailand Rak khun

Well spotted lol, that extension tube is a joke , I guess I would use it in emergency but nothing to be showing off with

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Rick O-Shea likes this.
  4. gorealmighty

gorealmighty New Member

Did anyone end up getting one of these? I purchased one (love it) and was hoping someone out there maybe had a good grasp on the SXi-Q software, how to upload custom TCR profiles etc. Any help is appreciated!

Also, just having read through these posts, It does 75W. And the M Class DOES have an upgrade for SS available.

5. ckapp
    Amused

ckapp Smile!

First off - allow me to say that the ML ships with v1 firmware, which is a joke. The only way to get Ti wire to fire is to use the Ni200 setting in the menu system and this was confirmed by Amanda at YiHi. There's a cheat though... you can use the Ti setting in the menu system, but go into the Compensate Temp setting and turn it down all the way. If you're running v1 firmware, it will go all the way down to 0°F. If your mod has the v2 FW, it will only go down to 32°F. Even still, the bugs in the firmware will keep a Ti coil from needing higher joules for good vape if you turn the Compensate Temp setting to its lowest value.

Amanda in YiHI customer service said she has no idea when the silicone sleeves from YiHi will be available. Be aware that there is a thin metal lip surrounding the battery cap at the back of the base and it will bend if you drop it accidentally. It will take a screwdriver and a small hammer to unbend the dent that will prevent removal of the battery cap. Yes, I know from experience...

This guy on Ebay has silicone sleeves for the ML, but of course, the black ones are on backorder. Gee, what a surprise...

The big disappointment in the ML buying experience (I own two) is YiHi and Amanda. She is full of shit when it comes to acknowledging and/or addressing the firmware bugs. Thank goodness for Jeremy @ Legadgets (the only authorized ML dealer in KL). Not only did he upgrade the FW on both my ML's, but he installed the SXi-Q software on my (ugh) Pee Cee (yes, I bought a cheap Lenovo 100S cuz it was cheaper in the end than buying Parallels and an authentic Win 10 licensed copy) Is he whining again? Yes, but...

At the end of the day, the ML is one of the sleekest and sexiest mods on the market for a single 18650 unit. At the end of the other day, the Hcigar VT200, while not as slick, is way less complicated, much more developed in the FW department, works right out of the box, will fire any atty/coil/wire effortlessly and to be perfectly frank, it a better and simpler mod with superb battery life and performance.

Gonna order up some stainless from Fasttech and give it a go, but 26g Ti with the SC/RDTA/V on the ML? Wowie...

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
    peter-k likes this.
  6. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
    Yong, Neilly, Konvict and 1 other person like this.
  7. Rick O-Shea

Thought of buying one when I saw it but really can't be arsed with the order process, although it may have changed on the new site (and tbh I really don't need it).

Siam Diesel likes this.
  8. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Most of the site is in English...I've ordered some small stuff from them and it was dead easy (I know...I'm not helping ;))!

Looks like he's got sleeves, too. :)

Konvict and Rick O-Shea like this.
  9. Rick O-Shea

Nice try, but I'll pass:D I'll stick with the VTC as my "basher" for the time being.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  10. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

For those thinking about buying...
    ดำ = Black
    น้ำเงิน = Blue
    Silicone แท้ = Silicone genuine (sleeve)

Konvict likes this.
  11. Rick O-Shea

It's certainly priced competitively.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  12. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Yep, that's what I thought as well...tempted...but will resist! ;)

Konvict likes this.
  13. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

This can be used with the SX-q Software can't it? If so i was reading on ECF that in power mode you can set a power curve to give you a good preheat and reduce the power to a maintenance level. A bit like the DNA200 does with the preheat in TC mode. A nice addition if it works correctly as it will save you battery life as it doesn't just fire at the preset wattage. Hope I ahve that right

14. Rick O-Shea

Very nicely put together, much nicer in the hand than the M Class (IMO).
    Battery cap is worse than the previous two, by a long way. It requires too much pressure and the threads are crunchy; Why they couldn't do something similar to the No.6 (which is a joy to remove and replace in comparison) is beyond me - to keep the size down, duh! It's actually improved since the first few attempts.

The hassle getting the device to be recognised is ridiculous.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  15. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

I am sure I saw an aftermarket battery cap for these on Creme De Vape where it had a piece to help get a grip. Looked ok. Can't find the link now though I'm afraid.

Rick O-Shea likes this.