1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

WTF are America's Priorities?

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vapers Lounge' started by debatedude, Jun 21, 2015.

1. debatedude
    No Mood

debatedude Thread Starter Mech Moderator Staff Member

Ya, we Americans suffer from the John Wayne syndrome - shoot everything. Bunch of pansies though, if it came to a knife fight. LOL

Rick O-Shea likes this.
  2. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

Murder rate is four times higher in the US per capita from what I've read though.

3. debatedude
    No Mood

It's easier to shoot someone than to stab someone I guess.

But just think if we channel all that murderous rage into mech mod and regulated mod design and production! We could take back the market from all the c=shit Chinese clone companies! Instead of shoot-outs, people could settle their differences through cloud competitions. Of course, the gun companies won't like that, but I really don't care.

Moog likes this.
  4. Talen
    Doh

Talen Well-Known Member

It is true that the murder rate is 4 times higher in America but apparently violent crime is much more prevalent in the UK

"There are almost exactly five times as many people in the US as in the UK – 314 million vs. 63 million. The violent crime rate in the UK is 3,100 per 100,000, and in the US it is 380 per 100,000 population.

Brits are eight times more likely to be victims of violent crime than Americans."

I've read a lot of other reports and they all very to some degree from 4-8 times higher in the UK but as always best to be taken with a grain of salt

5. Rick O-Shea

The way violent crime is categorised between the two countries differs greatly. A slap in the face in the UK is deemed a violent crime (don't quote me on that, this is stuff I read quite a while back) whereas the most petty listing of the categorised violent crimes in the US is manslaughter or armed robbery. Again don't quote me on that...

6. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

Hmmm....my comment, oh Tom lehrer does it a lot better than me :)

debatedude and Siam Diesel like this.
  7. BuzzSamui
    Cloud_9

BuzzSamui Well-Known Member

8. Talen
    Doh

Talen Well-Known Member

let's all just agree that humanity leaves a lot to be desired...luckily the vast majority of us don't kill, rape, rob, or beat anyone

Siam Diesel and debatedude like this.
  9. debatedude
    No Mood

True, and let's hope that lasts. But with the way things are going with vaping, those governmental bastards who want to outlaw vaping will have my mod when they pry it from my cold, dead fingers.

:grin:

Siam Diesel likes this.
  10. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

Siam Diesel likes this.
  11. judas
    Amused

judas Lethargic Member

I have enough American friends to know a gun debate is a waste of time as camps seem pretty entrenched. BTW, where are you getting your London murder stats from as my source shows under 100 homicides there last year.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  12. Talen
    Doh

Talen Well-Known Member

Sorry, my internet has been a mess for the past week and I have barely been able to get on much less post. Actually you are correct that 300 number was from 2008 and it was under 100 ( just ) last year I mixed up the numbers.

13. Darth Vaper
    Sick

Darth Vaper Keep Calm and Impose Your Will on Others

"It just goes to show that it doesn't matter when someone wants to harm another they will find a way."
    @Talen nails it. Always wondered when they would outlaw hands... so no one can strangle an innocent idiot ever again!

Has anyone even stopped to ask to strangely simple question:
    if vaping should be banned on grounds of an unknown/unproven threat to public health, then why are cigarettes known and proven to be deadly continue to be sold?

We all know the answer. Just something to consider when trying to wrap your head around 'WTF are America's priorities?"

Remember: You are up against the logic from a country in which its most prominent political candidates rebuke THE POPE with their self deceiving Orwellian double speak. The only thing that could possibly penetrate the mental simulacrum they are so indoctrinated in would be nothing less than a lighting bolt right between the eyes delivered from Mt. Olympus by the hand of Zeus himself.

debatedude and Siam Diesel like this.
  14. Talen
    Doh

Talen Well-Known Member

Inmate charged in Pennsylvania spork attack (ban assault sporks!)

SOMERSET, Pa. (AP) -- A state prison inmate is charged with attempted homicide for allegedly attacking a prison guard with a sharpened plastic eating utensil known as a spork.

State police this week charged Steven Cave, 22, who is serving a five- to 10-year sentence for robbery, for the Dec. 18 attack at the State Correctional Institution-Somerset.

A corrections officer told police the trouble began when Cave threw a container of urine at him while he was serving meals in the restricted housing unit where Cave was being held. After the meal, Cave then refused to return his tray and spork -- a spoon with tines -- to the guard, police said.

When guards went into Cave's cell to retrieve the utensil, they found he had sharpened a point at the end of it. Police said he tried to attack one of the guards with it.

Besides attempted homicide, Cave faces aggravated assault and other charges.

Cave has yet to be arraigned on the charges. It was not immediately clear if he has an attorney.

15. Rick O-Shea

Try eating food with a gun though. ^