1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

WTF are America's Priorities?

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vapers Lounge' started by debatedude, Jun 21, 2015.

1. debatedude
    No Mood

debatedude Thread Starter Mech Moderator Staff Member

So the third massacre in a week happened in America, and all the government can do is vote for tax breaks for billionaires and corporations and try to ban vaping. Because, you know, vaping will be the downfall of 'Murika. **** the dead, we need more guns! But vaping will kill you. Buddha wept, what has happened to my country?

/rant over

Ridwan Hartono and Rick O-Shea like this.
  2. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

It's an American's right to arm himself, but it's not his right to vape.!

debatedude likes this.
  3. Ridwan Hartono
    Relaxed

Ridwan Hartono MTL ♥️

not only america, i think behind anti vape theres something bigger.

debatedude likes this.
  4. debatedude
    No Mood

Regulate the crap out of vaping, to the point where vaping is impossible. But don't take away my right to shoot people!
    /snark

5. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

We've never had the right to shoot people...murder is against the law. Under the 2nd Amendment, we do have a right to bear arms. And as we know, there's a ongoing debate as to whether that should be changed.

Just because there are crazies out there that want to live out their dark desires by killing people, should we take guns away from everyone? Would it make any difference or would the crazies just find another way to get their 15 mins. of fame? There are lots of ways to kill people...where do we draw the line as to what is/is not legal?

I don't like the killings any more than anyone else but I also don't think that outlawing the purchase of all guns is the answer either.

Sent from my P3 Ti...

Talen likes this.
  6. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

But I would support a constitutional amendment to make vaping a legal right...and remove the individual states' ability to mess with it!
    :vaping: :vaping:

Sent from my P3 Ti...

debatedude likes this.
  7. debatedude
    No Mood

I am not thinking of taking away all guns. Not at all. But with a right comes responsibility. What is wrong with a database of owners (kinda like a database of drivers based on driver's licenses)? What's wrong with requiring proper storage of weaponry? And WTF is going through people's "minds" who feel the need to open carry?

I am a former gun owner. I had two pistols and a rifle. My guns were trigger locked and stored in a locking gun rack. My ammo was locked up separately. And ya know? I never had any problems. People want to own guns? Fine, but act like a responsible adult (and not like a dickless wonder who uses a firearm as a replacement for a penis).

Siam Diesel and lordofthedread like this.
  8. lordofthedread
    Cloud_9

lordofthedread Professional Lurker

Guns are designed to kill wether or not this is allowed to do so is a different story, their purpose lies inchanged.
    On the other hand vaping is designed to avoid dying from stinkies.. just my 2 clouds :D

I am not saying they should ban guns, I am questionning why you can still purchase a gun and not a mech mod....

debatedude likes this.
  9. debatedude
    No Mood

That needs to be repeated. Thanks!

10. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

I think there are a few places in the US where you can still purchase a mech mod... ;)

Sent from my P3 Ti...

11. debatedude
    No Mood

^The shops in Beaumont, CA only had those shit clones. But I could buy Israeli-made weaponry at the gun shops.

12. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

^^^ I remember Beaumont...used to drive through there on the way to 29 Palms when I was young IIRC. Sounds like there's not much demand for good mech mods out there...

Sent from my P3 Ti...

debatedude likes this.
  13. Talen
    Doh

Talen Well-Known Member

What's wrong is it does exactly nothing to stop the crimes we are looking at right now. Criminals don't buy guns legally so they won't be registering and crazy people don't care if they have to register or not because it's highly unlikely they will be in a position to buy again in the future after they have committed their act.

A good friend of mine is a Brit who always chides me on America's gun culture and then looks shocked when I bring up Britain's knife culture. Last year there was something like 28000 stabbings in Britain with a lot of deaths, just over 300 in London alone where statistics show there are just over 1000 knife incidents a month. It just goes to show that it doesn't matter when someone wants to harm another they will find a way.

debatedude and Siam Diesel like this.
  14. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

It's more personal with a knife.

debatedude likes this.
  15. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

Yep, Brits don't do guns that much, knives/stabbing is how it goes down in the UK...

debatedude likes this.