1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Woman suffers burns after headphones catch fire on flight to Australia

Discussion in 'E-News' started by Bantorvaper, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Bantorvaper
    Mellow

Bantorvaper Thread Starter Well-Known Member

And this has occurred after Australia has just further imposed severe restrictions on e-cig use
    Woman suffers burns after headphones catch fire on flight to Australia - Yahoo

A woman suffered burns to her face after the battery-operated headphones she was using on a recent flight caught fire, Australian safety officials announced Wednesday.

The Australian Transport Safety Bureau did not say how severe the woman's injuries were, but she later told investigators that she heard a loud explosion while sleeping.

The agency did not reveal the name, age or nationality of the woman.

“As I went to turn around I felt burning on my face,” the woman was quoted as saying in a statement from the agency. “I just grabbed my face which caused the headphones to go around my neck."

The woman threw the headphones on to the ground while they continued to spark and emit flames, she told investigators. A flight attendant soon appeared with a bucket of water to pour on the fire.

View gallery Woman suffers burns after headphones catch fire on … Woman suffers burns after headphones catch fire on flight to Australia (ABC News)The headphones were placed in a bucket at the rear of the plane.

"The battery and cover were both melted and stuck to the floor of the aircraft," the agency said in the statement.

Passengers would smell melted plastic, burnt electronics and charred hair for the remainder of the flight.

“People were coughing and choking the entire way home,” the woman was quoted as saying in the statement.

farangmick likes this.
  2. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

Calls for a public meeting. "Battery operated headphones should be banned", demands the speaker. " EAR, EAR!" the audience responds.
    (Sorry)

Siam Diesel, Fastoche and Bantorvaper like this.
  3. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

What is wrong with the good old wired headphones ? I have used then in more than 60 years, no explosion ever!!!:chinrub:

jpr likes this.