1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

wicking ni200 spaced coils

Discussion in 'Temperature Control board Talk' started by Longtail1, May 25, 2015.

1. skeeters
    Lurking

skeeters E juice monster

30 gauge is like cotton. To thin for me too work with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

Im just lazy when it comes to coils and wicks and when I got my Lemo it was very tightly wicked. I copied it and found it quick and easy for Kanthal but also not too bad for NI200.

3. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

Resistance. I am guessing the recommended for the kangxin chip is similar to the dna40 (0.14). Nickel has very little resistance, as above Scratchy has 3mm/7 wraps coming out at 0.12r.
    You could certainly get away with lower gauge but too much lower will require a gazillion wraps

skeeters likes this.
  4. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

Ive got loads to sell but unfortunately not until the 20th June.

5. skeeters
    Lurking

skeeters E juice monster

sound's good mack, at least if i get a bit for now you can sort me out when you get back home,, great new's

6. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

lol
    I didn't read it all...

Longtail1 and Rick O-Shea like this.
  7. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Thread Starter Vaping Troll

That tube makes the mini look lije a stick grenade from WW2. Lol.

I couldn't do it to something as damned sexy as the Mini. Lol

Just adapt to gauges as required. 28g gives me a real nice vaoe 5 wrap single coil anyway but I always like to see what can be done.
    **Updated**
    That tube makes the mini look lije a stick grenade from WW2. Lol.

I couldn't do it to something as damned sexy as the Mini. Lol

Just adapt to gauges as required. 28g gives me a real nice vaoe 5 wrap single coil anyway but I always like to see what can be done.
    **Updated**
    One more question on this, I hope. Lol . Combustion point for cotton is around 410f I believe, and that is where I have been running my builds atm. But...cotton wet with juice ...higher combustion point? What temp settings are the temp control gurus running for cotton?
    **Updated**
    I was wrong. Another question. Lol

With the dry wick warning turning off the power to the coil how do you test and clean basically dry burn the coil?

8. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

I've seen people running temps as high as 500F with cotton. I run my Subtank Mini w/the OCC TC coils at 440-480F depending on how the DNA40 is acting at the time.

9. Longtail1
    Amused

Thanks SD I have been at 420 f for a while not wanting to push itbtoo much so will up it slowly and see how it goes now.

10. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

I run my Lemo Drop at 25J/330f on the SX-Mini. Haven't tried it on the DNA40 but there was a good 100f difference with the Delta II when used on both devices, I currently run that at 480f on the DNA40.

As for dry burning the coil, depending on the resistance you could put it into standard mode and turn the power right down and pulse it but even before the recent brou-ha-ha about dry burning Kanthal dry burning nickel was a concern for me.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  11. Longtail1
    Amused

Thanks Rick. Running at .06-.07 on an Sx mini M class. So I don't have a mod that goes that low other than a mech. That will melt 28g that low real quick. Lol. Also heard it was not safe to dry burn nickel so a rebuild or soak and scrub are going to be needed.

As for temps I wss running up to 420f on a lemo 2 .064r. Lower for different juices if needed but now will play a little at higher temps to try them out and test the mod.

So far though I have to say I am sold on the temp control . At least I am with the yihi chip. Not tried the rdna chips yet as they still have some promlems. At least I think that is still correct.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  12. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

Promise I'm not picking on you Longtail! The DNA40 chips only have "problems" if you received one of the relatively-small percentage of defective ones. All of mine work without any issues whatsoever. So, better to say some have problems...or Evolve has chip production problems where some come out flaky.

Why I always feel the need to jump on these sorts of DNA40 posts? To be honest, I don't know other than they bring to mind that mine are working great. I think I have a problem and a more severe one than any defective DNA40 chips!

Again, Longtail, I am not hunting you down today or anything like that! :wacky: :hello:

Siam Diesel likes this.
  13. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

:rolling laugh:
    I figured you'd jump on this... ;)
    To be fair, I have no problems with my DNA40 chips either...the one with the big screen in my rDNA40 works fine. The one in my VF worked fine in TC mode, too. It did have a problem with the battery meter not reading correctly and has since been replaced.

Scratchy likes this.
  14. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

I feel badly for the people who have had problems with them. I know it would piss me off I got a defective one. From what I have gathered things have improved with the latest chips but there are still a small number of reports of screen display issues. Has to sting Evolve quite a lot!

Ah, the VF. Continues to be my favorite all-around mod. They've got a squonk version now and I'd love to see them come out with a "mini" someday!

15. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Yep, mine too...glad to have mine back after it's trip across the pond.

This was just posted on the VS FB page...not sure how I feel about it.

upload_2015-5-31_12-56-35.png

Scratchy likes this.