1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Why is my ecigarette giving me a sore throat?

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by -V-, Sep 26, 2012.

1. -V-
    Cool

-V- Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

The first thing to say is that a sore throat is one of the recognized symptoms of nicotine withdrawal (see here for the full list), so it may not be the e-cigarette at all but just a normal reaction to not smoking cigarettes any more.

Having said that, the PG based e-liquid can cause an over-dry throat in some people. If you get the ‘quitter’s throat’ plus the PG dry throat, the combined effect can be pretty painful.

If you think this might be the problem, change to an all-VG liquid, and sip water and/or moisturising or cold remedy drinks like honey/lemon drink or blackcurrant. Some topical throat/cough remedies can be good, too, like Balm of Gilead. Once the ‘quit throat’ passes and you get used to the e-cig, your throat should be fine. Smoking the occasional cigarette can help get you over the hump, as, against all logic, they have an anaesthetic effect on the throat for many people.

2. imthebear

imthebear New Member

50/50 vg pg has given a harsh reaction from non smokers who have tried mine.

3. -V-
    Cool

-V- Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

Nice bump from 2012.....:surprised:

Funny thing is, I was thinking about the 'sore throat' thing today
    If I haven't changed my cotton for a while, or coil then I start getting a bit of one....

Siam Diesel likes this.