1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

which wattage?

Discussion in 'Temperature Control board Talk' started by balon, Oct 16, 2016.

1. balon

balon Thread Starter Active Member

with my melo 3 mini i got

1× EC 0.3ohm head
    1× EC 0.5ohm head

i want to start with the EC 0.5ohm head

which wattage should i use?

2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Does your mod do temp. control (TC)? I ask because this thread is posted in the TC sub-forum. If so, you'd want to set the temperature, not the wattage...something in the neighborhood of 450 deg. F or 230 deg. C and then work from there. If you are able to set the type of coil (e.g., stainless, titanium, etc.), you'll have to check the coil composition and set it in the mod. These are just general guidelines...check the literature that came with the mod/atty (if any) and do some research online for your specific setup.

If you're doing straight watt/power control, others will have to chime in...I only do low power MTL vaping (10-12 watts @ 1.8 ohms) but I'd suspect you'd start around 20-25 watts and work your way up until you find your sweet spot.

3. balon

yes,it has tc, it is an eleaf aster.
    but with the melo 3 mini come only ec coils.
    as i am a complete noob concerning adjustable mods,
    i would be thankful for suggestions

4. debatedude
    No Mood

debatedude Mech Moderator Staff Member

I agree with @Siam Diesel, start at 25 watts and go up from there in 2-3 watt increments. I did a bit of math, and using a standard decent battery with a nominal voltage of 3.7 volts, the sweet spot should be right at 27.38 watts. Your milage may vary.

jpr, aging one, farangmick and 2 others like this.
  5. balon

ok thx :cheers: