1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Where would you live in Thailand

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vapers Lounge' started by peter-k, Mar 9, 2016.

1. peter-k
    Fine

peter-k Thread Starter Well-Known Member

I China I had split air-con with build in heater. Not the most economical solution, but good enough to bridge a 6 weeks period of cool weather.

jon likes this.
  2. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

I guess everyone has their own comfort zone. Below 15 C in the west I would start to use the heat some. 10 C and below would be a full heater day. But with the warm days here and being in the city, the asphalt and buildings have absorbed a lot heat during the day and tend to radiate the heat into the environment throughout the night. Take the city out of the equation and I can see where heat would be advantageous to some.

Siam Diesel and jon like this.
  3. jon
    Mellow

jon Well-Known Member

I grew up with normal winter temperature between -20 / -25 C. The first thing I did when I moved to Thailand was doing all I could to getting used to the temperature here. We have 3 aircon units in the house, but the only time we use it is a little in the wet season to dry up the air a little. I sleep like a baby with 30C in the bedroom just using a little fan.
    I likes to be warm, and is very happy that I don't need aircon to be comfortable. I likes to spend a lot of time outdoors so that would have made it very difficult to live in Thailand for me.

I spent some years in the middle-east when I was younger, and it took me longer now, not that young anymore, to get used to the climate. But it went well.
    What I do struggle with is the top of the wet season, the humidity is something I look forward to with horror every year.

peter-k, Siam Diesel and Longtail1 like this.
  4. SymphonyInBlack

SymphonyInBlack Member

Where I currently am, 30 minutes out of Pakchong... farm animals are cute, with all the peace and quiet I could ever ask for

5. kurt
    Blah

kurt Well-Known Member

My favorite spot as well.. planning a trip back in May.

Kurt

6. Koki
    Cool

Koki Well-Known Member

I remember going there with my family as a kid. I remember it being such a nice beach but that was a long long time ago.
    **Updated**
    I dunno where exactly. I like to live in the suburb of Bangkok, if there's such a place. Somewhere quite yet close to the express highway so you can zoon in and out if needed. I like to live near water, closest beach is too far from Bangkok so perhaps near a river. I would settle for a lake though. Some place with good cable and high speed internet also.

tell me where is this place.

7. peter-k
    Fine

Basically that's what I thought, too.

But then, I will go to Chiang Mai first to have a look a round myself.

8. Submaniac
    Fiendish

Submaniac Ayatolah of Rock 'N Rolla

Does anyone know of a spot in Thailand that gets like actually cold? Like SoCal level cold? People say Chiang Mai, but I still think it's hot. (Maybe cooler compared to BKK....)

9. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

You want somewhere up in mountains. Not really cold in daytime but gets nice at night. No idea what SoCal cold is like though.

Submaniac likes this.
  10. Submaniac
    Fiendish

Submaniac Ayatolah of Rock 'N Rolla

Vienna Austria in the summer?

11. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

Mountains around khao keow get close to single digits at night and mid 20's I think in daytime.

charlie and Submaniac like this.
  12. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

13. peter-k
    Fine

Based on the suggestions here, I organized my trip so I could stay 2 weeks in Chiang Mai after I did some work in Bangkok. I like Chiang Mai, it is big enough to have a certain infrastructure which my wife needs, yet it is not so overcrowded. It's how I'd love to live in future. And I like the mentality of the northern people better.

I am aware it's only a beautyfied tourist view, so scare me off if you can.

BTW. I saw loads of "degraded" older western men, 60 - 70 yo, mostly from the US. I did not notice body odour but their clothing appears about 20 years old and rarely washed. One guy had trousers which looked like they will be self-supporting if he stands them upright on the flour. Another one had patches of open skin on legs, another one enormous swollen feet, most of them actually seem having heath problems.

14. TheFiend

TheFiend New Member

I retire in just over 6 years and I'll be retiring to Uttatadit. Couple of years ago we had a 3 bed bungalow built on the outskirts of the city on a quiet estate which we currently use as our holiday home when we are in Thailand twice a year.

15. Stuart

Stuart Well-Known Member

Quiet estates don't always stay quiet.