1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Help Where to get PG/VG

Discussion in 'Thailand DIY Juice Making' started by suudlor, Jul 9, 2016.

1. suudlor

suudlor Thread Starter Active Member

I've just started making my own ejuice. I've bought my VG and PG from Chemipan, local vendor. And I got all my flavor concentrates from TPA/TFA and FlavourArt. When mixing, flavor and taste are very muted and bland. Even when I mix TPA Ripe Strawberry at 8% with 40PG/60VG no nicotine base. Steeping didn't help.

I got an interesting info that...

"I highly recommend you DON'T use that walmart Humco glycerin. It is NOT food grade & NOT 100% organic plant based vegetable glycerin, its partially synthetic. I know of several people who have used that glycerin & reported the same issues as you, muted flavor with a funky after taste, not to mention it makes the coils gunk up a lot faster.
    Cheaper, non food grade PG/VG (Humco brand) is commonly used for making soaps, cleansers, lotions & as a humectant moisturizer, so when buying PG/VG for DIY e-juice make sure its 100% Pure USP KOSHER Food Grade."

So, does anyone of you had the same experience with Chemipan's PG and VG? Where do you get your PG and VG?

Any help is appreciated.

webstudio1sport and Scuba Vaper like this.
  2. peter-k
    Fine

peter-k Well-Known Member

The TPA flavours are relatively low concentration, IMO. Around 10 % is quite normal for them, some even more. The Bavarian Cream is stronger, though. The M type, RY4 Double, Caramel, Starwberry, Red Bull are examples for the range mentioned.

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  3. sethrune.sr

sethrune.sr Active Member

There is a local company that produces for export high purity kosher food grade organic vg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
    Scuba Vaper likes this.
  4. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

Some people are happy with Chemipan's PG and VG. I, for one, do not trust it. Chemipan is an industrial supply company and I have never seen a straight answer on the grade of the PG and VG they are selling. All of my PG and VG comes from a pharmaceutical supply company and they are USP certified pharmaceutical grade. As far as flavoring 8% of TFA Ripe Strawberry should have a decent amount of flavor, maybe not perfect but enough to taste. Everyone is different but I have recipes that have anywhere from 7% to 12% total flavoring.

Konvict and Scuba Vaper like this.
  5. Scuba Vaper

Scuba Vaper Open Water Scuva Instructor

Last recipe I used with TPA strawberry was 10%. Might try higher on next batch since you've said that, I think flavour may be weak that TPA are currently selling, so might improve my recipe.

Chemipan, no problems with PG/VG. I thought they were a pharmaceutical company, based on their website and who they seem to be marketing to. Industrial is news to me !

Chemipan isn't Walmart, obviously, so not sure there's a connection, looks like something random off of googling.

There are other PG/VG suppliers in Thailand, I'm sure if you ask the guys above they'd give you a link to supplier's websites, or google it on google.co.th

Sure you've done it already, but check your coils, wicks etc - small tweaks on that I've found can make the difference between fantastic flavour and virtually none at all.

All the best mate

peter-k likes this.
  6. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

Try to get a data sheet from them on their products. There has been a discussion on this before somewhere on the forum. They have 3 data sheets showing cosmetic grade, food grade and pharmaceutical grade all for the same product. Their descriptions even say Cosmetic Grade, Food Grade, Pharmaceutical Grade and show a USP grade on the same product. There are very few companies that can afford a USP certification, maybe this is one of them but I would want to see the paperwork from the USP. Instead of saying industrial I should have said cosmetics, that is their target market. They also supply food grade chemicals but I am skeptical on the pharmaceutical part. Maybe I'm wrong, we're all adults and free to make our own decisions. I choose to buy from the company that supplies the University Pharmacy Department and the Hospital Pharmacy as well. That's just me though. Everyone can make their own decisions.

Scuba Vaper and Konvict like this.
  7. Darth Vaper
    Sick

Darth Vaper Keep Calm and Impose Your Will on Others

@sethrune.sr
    And
    @Lotta

Divulge the names of your sources. Uh., or (insert threatening consequences) - - imagine Darth Vader saying it.

jpr, Scuba Vaper and Konvict like this.
  8. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

This is the other thread about Chemipan with also a warning about PG/VG

WARNING: Chemipan Flavors | Thailand Vapers

I think if you are in mixing your own juices you do that because you want cheaper juices, but also because you know what you put in your juices so that you know it is safe. This requires some research before you start and there are already a couple of warnings on this site from mixers that Chemipan is not the way to go for these products.

This is also the reason that I never buy any Asian juices because I am scared of the unknown they put in there to produce something as cheap as possible. There are so many warning signs posted about Malaysian juices by members here on the forum but still vapers are happily buying them.

Each to their own.

Here another thread about PG/VG
    Supplier of VG PG? | Page 3 | Thailand Vapers

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  9. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

Union Science. They are in Chiang Mai. I don't know if they have branches anywhere else. As stated before they supply the University Pharmacy Department and the Hospital Pharmacy, for what that's worth.

jpr, Siam Diesel and Scuba Vaper like this.
  10. peter-k
    Fine

There is a reason every e-liquid prodcuer only uses 100 % vegetable Gycerine USP grade. If there was a cheaper alternative that is same good they would use that.

Siam Diesel, Scuba Vaper and Konvict like this.
  11. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

I really hope every e-liquid producer does that here in Asia, but I really doubt it especially if governments start banning them instead of regulating them, which would be much wiser.

Siam Diesel and Scuba Vaper like this.
  12. peter-k
    Fine

I am working in the food and flavour industry. What some producers in Asia are using and the low level of science related knowldege is for me shocking at times. Sorry it has nothing directly to with the thread subject. But then it does, because if you don't get concrete answers to foodstuff a company is selling, or accurate information to a specific raw-material - as for me, I am not surpised.

Siam Diesel and Scuba Vaper like this.
  13. Scuba Vaper

Scuba Vaper Open Water Scuva Instructor

@Lotta - yes cosmetics is closer than industrial or pharmaceutical, and they do sell "industrial" chemicals, was looking for boric acid the other day (for welding/brazing not vaping) ... Probably "a chemical company" might be more accurate ... agreed with getting paperwork from chemipan ! ... AND, yeah, I wouldn't say you're wrong, dunno if you're right though :)

@Konvict - I think OP said he was using TPA. Chemipan sell lipid, alchohol and PG based flavours of varying strengths, wouldn't recommend them for newbie mixers. Whilst I've been mostly working with yank flavours, my experiences with chemipan didn't concur with that thread in the forum, mostly it seemed percentages used too high. I mean 20% concentrated flavour might easily taste like dogshit on steroids, if you were supposed to be using 0.25-3%. And for sure a lipid based flavour tastes like dogshit plus in any vape at any concentration, good luck cleaning an atty after vaping that health hazard. That said, overall TPA, FW, FA, Capella etc easier to work with, with recipes already out there, so why bother reinventing the wheel to save not very much money. Quite a few local suppliers of mainstream flavours now, so chemipan may never be needed ...

14. Phaitoon

Phaitoon Well-Known Member

There are quite a few producers of high purity VG (> 99.5%) in Thailand.
    Problem is ... they only sell large containers:
    Siamabsolute
    Saguanchaichem
    Thaiglycerine
    Patumoil
    I just can’t find a reliable local source for small containers [preferably 1 liter bottles / online orders].

I’m using VG from Chemipan at present – but don’t feel confident.
    No word on the purity – neither on the container nor on their WEB site.
    I’m eagerly looking for an alternative – but unlucky so far :-(

Also, in another threat: Supplier of VG PG? | Page 3 | Thailand Vapers
    Hong Huat was described as “the only real option for PG & VG for vaping”.
    But with a product search on HongHuatShop all I can find is GLYCERINE THAI @ 1 KG (MOISTURIZER) and PROPYLENE GLYCOL SHELL @ 1 KG (MOISTURIZER) with no further information…

Scuba Vaper and Konvict like this.
  15. suudlor

suudlor Thread Starter Active Member

Oh wow, thank you guys. I really appreciate all the contributions to this thread and others, as well. Will look more in to it.
    If you guys ever come across any interesting Thai vendor and have any language issue reading or communicating with that vendor, just post the link and I'll talk to them, as I'm a Thai guy and they will likely reply.

Jazz2017, jpr, Scuba Vaper and 2 others like this.