1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

What's your favorite sweetener?

Discussion in 'Thailand DIY Juice Making' started by David in Bangkok, Feb 20, 2015.

1. David in Bangkok

David in Bangkok Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Have been really loving adding sucralose and making my juices super sweet. Not sure if that's so healthy, but curious anyways to know what you guys use.

2. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

Never tryed it, but since you forced me into opening the bottle Ill have to give it a try lol.

3. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

Is that for sale too @Mack?

Wait... Sucralose? What was the sweetener you mentioned the other day you opened? Ethyl Maltol?

4. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

@ryanmacl had a sweetener that he didn't like at all...he could taste it in the GLV juices. Maybe he'll drop by later today and let us know what it was, and the one he does use...

5. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

My ADV used to be Butterscotch GVL and MBV. The reason Ive never used it is that I found the GVL too sweet and sickly after a while, so I used to rotate between the 2. I may consider adding it to the usual line up so people can sweeten themselves.
    **Updated**

It was Sucralose, I bought some with my first orders and then decided I didnt want any addatives in McJuice at all. Kevin ask if he could buy some so I opened the bottle. Im just trying about 1 drop to each 2ml at the moment and its good, so think ill have to order more and get it on my list for everyone to buy.
    **Updated**
    I did mean David in the last post lol.

Rick O-Shea likes this.
  6. David in Bangkok

I heard good things about ethyl maltol. I don't dislike the sucralose, I'm just curious how different they would be

7. Rick O-Shea

Ethyl Malto has been on my 'to buy' list for a while now. Can't bring myself to pay 15usd for the shipping though.

8. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

Chemipan

Ethyl Maltol (เอทิล มัลทอล) | สารเติมแต่งอาหาร (Food Additives) | ร้านเคมีภัณฑ์ - CHEMIPAN.COM | เบื้องหลังความสำเร็จของ SMEs! | สารเคมี เคมีภัณฑ์ รับจ้างผลิต OEM ผลิตครีม ครีมหน้าขาว อัลฟ่าอาร์บูติน แซนแทนกัม โรงงาน หัวน้ำหอม น้ำมันหอมระเหย วัตถุเจือปนอาหาร สีผสมอาหาร อัลฟ่าอาร์บูติน
    **Updated**
    สารให้ความหวาน ซูคราโลส (Sucralose) | สารให้ความหวาน (Sweetener) | ร้านเคมีภัณฑ์ - CHEMIPAN.COM | เบื้องหลังความสำเร็จของ SMEs! | สารเคมี เคมีภัณฑ์ รับจ้างผลิต OEM ผลิตครีม ครีมหน้าขาว อัลฟ่าอาร์บูติน แซนแทนกัม โรงงาน หัวน้ำหอม น้ำมันหอมระเหย วัตถุเจือปนอาหาร สีผสมอาหาร อัลฟ่าอาร์บูติน

Not that I would know what to do with them or how much to mix into a PG to make a solution.

Rick O-Shea likes this.
  9. Rick O-Shea

Nice I didn't know Chemipan had it. Now I'll have to think up another reason not to buy it...

Mack likes this.
  10. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

Nether did I, I just had a brain wave and googled Chemipan and ethal maltol, then a few minutes later I had another brain wave and googled chemipan and sucralose. Brains slowed down early tonight due to good beer and good juice.:beer::cigar:

11. colind88
    Devilish

colind88 Well-Known Member

FYI cotton candy is ethyl maltol with PG/VG. And Mack thanks for not putting all that shite in your juices. VG is already sweet.

Use liquid Stevia if you have to use anything peeps.

Liquid Stevia Experiences

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  12. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

I will never put any additives in McJuice, however I will try additives and make available to you if I think there is a need for them. sweeteners are an individual thing, and ive been enjoying some today however I still believe that an eliquid should be additive and colouring free. I could make my black liquorice black or my strawberry red, or my absinthe green. WHY your going to vape colouring . What I sell is additive free, I can sell you sweetener or colouring if you like but its not going into McJuice as standard. Im going to do more research on sweeteners and flavour enhancers, but they will only be available as extras. McJuice will always remain additive free, and free from any component identified as harmful to vapours.

fillmcavity, colind88 and Siam Diesel like this.
  13. David in Bangkok

I suppose you could just vape liquid nicotine too, but I enjoy some sweetener while hopefully not ruining my teeth (too badly). I think a lot of flavorings come pre-sweetened though don't they? I thought the majority did at least.

14. David in Bangkok

By the way I've been using Macks sweetener (around 1 drop/ml+) and it does sweeten it with no other noticeable side effects (to me).

One thing I really like is that I have some flavors, mostly fruit, and they taste like a perfume to me. The sucralose really smoothens it out for me and makes it much more enjoyable. I heard ethyl maltol also helps with making it smoother which is why I thought it would be interesting.