1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Help Whats this permanent issue I have with spilling?

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks For Vaping' started by chia yossarian, Jun 5, 2015.

1. chia yossarian
    Angelic

chia yossarian Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Vaping now for almost half a Year, and - as I still smoke real cigarettes, but much less than before - I want to take it to the next level now.

Started with some shitty Joyetech ECigs, and quickly went to Nautilus Mini with various VW Mods, currently on the Sigelei 150, iStick 20 and Vaporshark RDNA.

I love to collect and try out different Mods, but, to me at last, they don't change the vaping experience. They are battery holders ...

The Atomizers I guess is where the music plays.

The Nautilus Mini are still my favourite by a mile. I don't want to immerse in all the alchemy of building my own atomizers, it just isn't fun for me at all, and I was never good at any of these do it yourself things.
    Actually I still have a Kayfun Tank, with a build that a shop owner in Vienna made for me. This was the most terrifying vaping experience, all the buzz with building the coils, checking the Ohm, making sure this and this, and then the Tank, where you need a screw driver, a needle and a syringe to fill juice. WTF??? Do I have to look like a junkie because I vape???
    And then the vaping experience, with an expensive Mechanical Mod and 0.5 Ohm. Thick smoke everywhere, and even with 3 mg Nicotine the throat kick absolutely hurts.
    F**king no way!

But everybody talks about Sub-Ohm?
    Ok, I bought both a Subtank Mini and either a Lemo or a Melo (The one where you can buy Atomizers).
    The latter has 0.5 or 0.7 Ohm. Whatever the Watt setting, the vape is either to hot, or just average in terms of taste. And it leaks.
    I want to smell and taste the aroma. I don't want thick clouds, and I don't want to get killed by throat kick.
    4 - 6 mg Nicotine is fine in terms of throat kick, 8 is already too much.

And then the Subtank Mini, with the 1.2 Ohm coils. Didn't bother to try the Sub-Ohm yet. Certainly no better than my Nautilus Minis, apart from:
    They leak, leak, leak and leak. Every time. I take two puffs, have liquid on my fingers. Clean it (Liquid seems to come from everywhere, from the air hole, the 510, even looks like it leaks through the Glass), let it rest for a while, take another puff, fingers wet again.
    Let is stand upright on a Mod Overnight, next morning the Mods is in a puddle of liquid.

Also bought a full size Nautilus. Leeks, leaks, leaks.
    The only Glassomizers I have that don't leak (never!) are my 3 Nautilus Mini.

So, my questions: What can I do to prevent leaking?

And what else should I try?

Shall I stay with my Nautilus Minis?

2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Hmmm, my Subtank Mini leaks when I transport it but not when it's at home. My Nauts (Full or Minis) never leak. Sounds like you're losing the vacuum in your tanks...in spite of what they tell you, I tighten mine much more than finger tight at both the top and the bottom.

3. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

I would say just my opinion, that whan something leaks the problem is that there is more liquid in the vaporizing chamber, than the coil can vaporize at a given moment. You might draw too hard on it, the wattage setting should be higher or your airflow should be wider open. The problem with subtanks for me clearly is that it produces to much vapor, and I am finding it unpleasant. So in your case you are happy with the Nautilus mini. That was also my experience with the Nautilus mini. I have several Normal Nautilus tanks and in order to keep them from leaking I have to make sure I use the largest hole for the airflow, make sure the wattage setting is 10 watt or a little over, and when I have vaped about half the tank, there is some liquid building up so i clean the whole air channel. You can also try to hold the tank upside down, meaning with the driptip down to see if there is liquid in the air channel. I have not managed to vape a full Nautilus tank without having to do that, if not and you ignore it, then it will leak out of the airhole. But it is also important, that you experiment with the watt settings, because if the coil not get enough heat to vaporize all the liquid in the vaporizing chamber, it will surely leak at some point.

etlava and Siam Diesel like this.
  4. chia yossarian
    Angelic

Thanks for the comments, Dieter.
    I use the largest air hole on the Nautilus, with 11-14 Watts on the prebuilt coils.
    Yes, I sometimes see liquid spilling through the airhole. Why does this only happen on the full size, never on the Minis?

5. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

The tank size. When you suck on the driptip you create underpressure in the tank, and thereby liquid is coming into the vaporazing chamber and get vaporized. The more underpressure produced, the more liquid will get into the vaporizing chamber. It is not so critical in a smaller tank, but the 5ml tank of the Nautilus build up such an underpressure, that it gets critical and the liquid will flow out of the airholes. It might also help, when the Nautilus is half empty to turn the tank upside down like when you filling it, and unscrew it so that some air can come into the tank so the underpressure is released.

etlava likes this.
  6. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

That's very curious...it means that liquid is leaking out the bottom of the coil and into the air chamber below. The only thing I can think of is that either the top, the bottom or the coil isn't tightened down and the vacuum is being lost.

When you take a vape, do you pull hard when you inhale or just softly to help the vapor along?

7. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

etlava and chia yossarian like this.
  8. chia yossarian
    Angelic

Thanks Siam Diesel, will try this double washer approach next time I change coils.

This Video on the other hand is one of the best examples why Vaping Videos should be banned by governments, not vaping.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  9. AsiaVape.co

AsiaVape.co Member

From my experience tanks start leaking when they're overfilled or if the connection between the mouthpiece and the atty isn't sealed properly. The path between the mouthpiece and the atty should in theory be free of liquid and only have the coils exposed to whatever the wick absorbs from the tank. In reality the wicks can over-absorb juice if you pull too hard or if the seals aren't good enough. This is especially true when transporting the device sideways, or if the viscosity of the juice is too low and the wicks are designed for high absorption (in which case they will absorb too much of the low viscosity liquid). I fixed this by using a thicker juice and no more leaks after that! I guess changing wicks could also have worked.