1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

What's the fascination with the DNA 40 Boards about?

Discussion in 'Vaping Technical Issues' started by chia yossarian, May 17, 2015.

1. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

How does he get it to fire when the coil is dry?

2. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

By pressing the fire button :wink:

3. Rick O-Shea

No shit.
    When the coil is dry it doesn't fire. Or does it actually fire a little?

I don't need a cotton test to tell me there is the best part of 100w difference between the pair.

*Sorry, that sounds a bit off, not intentional.
    It seems a lot of people have noticed the difference now then. I don't look at the SX fanboy site anymore but nobody had even mentioned it. It was all "it's much better" etc..

Last edited: May 18, 2015
  4. fruit-lover
    Cheerful

fruit-lover Well-Known Member

They are all much of a muchness, although many would argue that the more expensive ones are better and last longer etc. etc.

In truth they don't. Get yourself an iStick and that is all you will need. Anything and everything else is overkill as far as price is concerned.

Yes, the SX mini is nice, but at the end of the day it all boils down to bragging rights and mine is shinier/bigger/more expensive than yours.

My iStick 30w has lasted me longer than my DNA30 did and it was more than five times cheaper. Go figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Rick O-Shea

This pretty much.
    You won't find a 300 USD mod that vapes 6x better than a 50usd mod (provided it functions correctly).

You pay extra (in some cases) for reliability and build quality.
    Why buy a Rolex when you can buy a Casio? Because you want to.

6. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Oh how the tune changes...of course the iStick wasn't around last September... ;)
    You're wasting your money on disposable vape gear | Thailand Vapers

haybilly, Dieter., -V- and 1 other person like this.
  7. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

My heatvape Invader will fire and send 0 / Zero Watt to the atomizer in Temp control mode. And yes the temp control is a great improvement. I'm still happy for the mod.

haybilly and Siam Diesel like this.
  8. fruit-lover
    Cheerful

The tune changed quickly after the DNA 30 threads would no longer accept any atty's.
    It's a bit like when you first come to Thailand and every woman looks beautiful. After a while you find beauty in the simple things in life and just want something that works and doesn't cost the earth.

I guess I've been through the cycle of spending loads of money on vaping gear and on the most part have been disappointed with it and thrown or given mostof it away.

All I use now are iSticks and the two best tanks I've ever bought, the 3.1 Kayfuns and a pair of Lemo 2s.

Am I the only one who thinks that the Japanese cotton provided in the Lemo 2 pack is better than the Fiber Freaks?

Last edited: May 18, 2015
  9. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

I am sorry, I must disagree. There are better mods out there when is is about quality build and stability, mods where you don't have to fear spilling a little liquid because it can go into the mod and ruin it. I understand when people want something better. If it vapes better, I guess not, since the vape mostly rely on the atomizer and even the best atomizer does a bad job, when the company behind send out crappy coils again and again. But the feel of quality and a well build and designed mods is something some people are willing to pay some extra money for. I remember from my smoking days. You could use a very cheap lighter and you would always get fire to your stinkie, and yet Companies like Zip or Ronson still sold a lot of expensive lighters, and people where buying them, just because they like the quality of the products. And I guess it's not that much different among us vapers.

10. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

Interesting discussion. ... I'm not getting into it, just yet.
    Pretty sure it's not just about 'Bragging Rights', but I've been wrong before.

11. -V-
    Cool

I love my SX Mini and wouldn't be without it.
    The chip and the mod are excellent and way above what you get with an iStick in quality of vape

judas likes this.
  12. fruit-lover
    Cheerful

In all fairness, V you love all of your mods. It wasn't that long ago that I posted the Vape from the Provari was a superior Vape to everything else out there ( I'm one step ahead of you, SD), but technology has changed, temperature control isn't quite there yet and there isn't any difference between an iStick and an SX.

Of course there is the psychological factor to take into consideration. You think it's a better Vape because it cost you $200

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

Sorry, but the temp control on my Heatvape Invader Mini is working quiet well. Only had it a week, but I must say that the testing I did with both drippers and tanks so fare have been impressing, a great improvement for me at least and nearly at the same price than an Istik 50W.

14. judas
    Amused

judas Lethargic Member

I have mods of similar price they most certainly don't deliver the same vaping experience. As the istick is being mentioned, I notice a distinct difference in the vape of the 30/50w mod against my Sig mini 30w. The Sig gives me a noticeably better vape which I guess is down to the Yihi chip.

My SX Mini, even with kanthal gives a better/smoother vape than my other Yihi chipped mods. I'm sure many cannot notice a difference between mods and I never really thought I would myself. YMMW...

15. -V-
    Cool

yep.....