1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

What would be the best rda or rdta and batteries for unregulated mod?

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomisers' started by KevinKim, Jun 18, 2016.

1. KevinKim
    Sleepy

KevinKim Thread Starter Member

Sup there, Thanks for a lot of help and comments for my previous post :D

I read all comments and just realized my cuboid and batteries won't handle 140 or more wattage

I saw some videos and saw a lot of vape on unregulated box mod.

I am planning to buy Kung fu Mech mod but I have no idea for rda or rdta and batteries

What will be best rda or rdta and batteries for unregulated mech mod like Kung fu mech mod?

P.S - If Kung fu mech mod is not good, any recommend for unregulated box mod that I can buy in thailand?

(I just decided to use cuboid for only temp control ;D)

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  2. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

RIP's your man, he likes them clouds and some of his older videos he used a lot of drippers and mechs
    Take a look through some of them

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  3. debatedude
    No Mood

debatedude Mech Moderator Staff Member

Magma Reborn - great clouds, great flavor, and easy to coil and wick. Plus a deep well.
    Sony VTC-5 or VTC-4, LG HE-4 (or others in that series. The chocolate colored ones are really good), and Samsung 25r. For all these batteries, you shouldn't go lower than 0.25 ohms, in order to maintain a decent safety threshold.

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  4. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

Don't forget in a dual parallel box mod, your available amperage doubles. A 0.11 ohm build draws right at 38 amps and give you 160 watts on a full charge. Of course at this load, they won't stay fully charged long and the amp load will start to drop. Safe for any true 20 amp continuous draw batteries. If you really want to get serious about your wattage, go to a series box. A set of true 30 amp battery can give you 252 watts. The Kung Fu would definitely not be my choice it a very cheaply made box and I personally would not trust it. As far a cloud atty my vote goes to the Sub Zero RDA. I have tried it and the airflow is completely ridiculous. Not the best flavor but the best cloud atty I have used.

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  5. debatedude
    No Mood

The Mutation X v4 is also great at producing clouds. But like you mentioned, it isn't the best on flavor.

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  6. KevinKim
    Sleepy

Thanks, I think I would order sub zero black. I saw videos about it last week and I was wondering what to buy between subzero and avocado 24 mm. Btw, any recommend on unregulated box mod? Is there any good unregulated box mod that I can buy in thailand?

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  7. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

If you're going to be playing with mechs, better read up on Ohm's law and battery safety. They're nothing to mess around with...they have NO built-in safety protection.

The Cost of Good Batteries / Battery Safety Links | Thailand Vapers

Same as before...don't mess with it. ;)
    They are accidents waiting to happen unless you know what you're doing.

Scuba Vaper and debatedude like this.
  8. KevinKim
    Sleepy

Thank you for good advice man, what do you think of Efest 35 Amp batteries? Is it good like batteries you said?

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  9. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

They're re-wraps...and not safe above 20 amps like all other vaping batteries. Some people like them...personally, I wouldn't touch them. YMMV
    :vaping: :vaping:

Scuba Vaper and debatedude like this.
  10. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

Batteries, stay with Sony VTC4 or VTC5, LG HE4, or Samsung 25R. There are other batteries that are probably acceptable but these are the ones I trust. Sony VTC4 and VTC5 are good batteries but easily cloned and there are a lot of them floating around. LG HE4 is a good battery but generally gets beaten out by the Samsung 25R in independent testing including Mooch. I have all of these batteries in my collection but the Samsung 25R is my battery of choice. YMMV. If you want a dual 18650 mod that has some built in safety features take a look at the Tesla Invader III. It is available in Thailand. It has an adjustable dial that will go from 3.6 to 6.6 volts. It has reverse battery protection, short circuit protection, low voltage warning, over current protection, device too hot protection, 10 second puff cutoff, and 5 click on-off feature. I have one and it is a very well built quality device. Gives you plenty of power and built in safety as well. Tesla claims up to 240 watts of power and is battery dependent. If the device senses the batteries heating up too fast it will temporarily shut down.

11. debatedude
    No Mood

I have this one. I run it on Samsung 25r batts. It's taken everything I can trow at it and performed like a champ!
    **Updated**
    I think they're sh!t, but that's just me. I only use Sony or Samsung batteries.

samui, Scuba Vaper and Siam Diesel like this.
  12. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Two word..."married batteries"...(are a must)!

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  13. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

+1 forgot to mention that.

Scuba Vaper and Siam Diesel like this.
  14. Scuba Vaper

Scuba Vaper Open Water Scuva Instructor

If you like high watts and on a budget, then rx200

If you like high watts and not on a budget, vicious ant 350w - Variant V2 Box Ti Slim 350W by Vicious Ant - VAPEXPRESS-ITALIA.NET

If it must be a mech mod dual, then I've heard good things about Noisy Cricket, and seen available locally, not sure of availability right now with current situation. Kung fu, never tried so can't comment.

*MANY* RDAs and RDTAs will work with mech mods (kung fu or otherwise), my understanding is that it's down to tuning the coil to suit the battery configuration, ie ohmage should be just right, and that depends on wire thickness, ID of coil, 1,2,3 or 4 coils, claptonised etc

Re high power builds - not really that much gain, more like short battery life and atty getting hot and massive juice consumption. I did it to push the limits of my equipment, and learn more about coil building, plus I like to experiment. But each to their own ! I recently moved from clapton back to straight kanthal, uses less battery and I don't find clouds that much less on griffin.
    **Updated**
    Seconded on the efests, but some people use 'em and they work ok for them ...

debatedude and Siam Diesel like this.
  15. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

The Noisy Cricket is not a mod for the beginner. It is a mod that even the well seasoned vaper has to respect. First off it is a Hybrid mod. Meaning the 510 pin of the atomizer makes direct contact with the positive side of the battery. If the 510 pin does not protrude enough you have a hard short because the positive 510 pin and the negative threads of the 510 connector will be touching the battery at the same time. Needless to say something very violent could come of this situation. You cannot just put any atty on this device it has to have a nice protruding 510. This box is also a series box. You will need to build much higher ohm coils. If you stick the same build you use in your other devices on this box you will be in for a very hot surprise. The button has a very short throw and there is no locking device. This is a great mod and definitely has it's place but not in the hands of a beginner. I've been vaping for 5 years and the first few times I used this mod, I was a little nervous.

Siam Diesel likes this.