1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Cool What Tank and Attys have you retired?

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by ErikNK, Jul 3, 2018.

1. SooKee
    Lurking

SooKee Contented Single Coiler

Agree that after a while it can become a bit of a money sink if you're not careful. Just buying variations of a theme that may or may not work quite as well or, if you're lucky, even a bit better. For folks into it in a big way and enjoy collecting the gear that's fine of course, I just want the gear I need to give me the experience I want and have pretty much got there now so it's brakes on LOL. Luckily I didn't blow TOO much getting where I wanted. It's all a learning curve.

In the case of the Drop Solo for instance, I'll only get that because I do like its big brother and I like the style and big juice wells. I actually think it'll work better as a single. But I'll be unlikely to splash on the relentless flow of attys that receive gushing reviews from the likes of Mike Vapes (for whom everything is awesome). At least Jai Haze, SMM, The Vapour Trail and Vaping with Vic are a bit more challenging and ready to point out faults.

Sent using Tapatalk

moonoy93 and ErikNK like this.
  2. ErikNK
    Cloud_9

ErikNK Thread Starter Smok, Vaporesso

I have Tank ADD and Juice ADD, thank God that I have a good wallet, everything new I have to buy it LOL :D But I always end up with one favourite that I vaping all the time, but for me E cig is like a hobby, it gives me great fun. And the learning curve always go up :)

BTW, the Ammit 25 is back on my mod now, the leaking problem is over, the trix was to screw the bell on first then the glass and the top filling. The Merlin mini is going on the dual deck, vape like a champ now, as you say, its all about the learning curve ;)

Siam Diesel and SooKee like this.
  3. stormvapers
    Fine

stormvapers Well-Known Member

See attached picture for "Legs Up".
    Level the top of coil with the edge of the Airflow Plot, the red area on the picture.

That's a Haku Venna, but it works with all Hakus....

The airflow will go and come out straight from the bottom of coil..
    That's the way it works the best for me, but I'm using exotic coils (Alien, Fraple or Fralien).[​IMG]

4. moonoy93
    Cloud_9

moonoy93 Well-Known Member

Brilliant mate...

thanks a lot..

ErikNK likes this.
  5. moonoy93
    Cloud_9

@stormvapers

Thanks for the photo..

Are you running this coil on a single (18650/20700) battery on a mech squonk box??

What's the ramp up time? , when I put a 27AWG SS316 Clapton build (3mm 5 wrap)on my Phenom ,it was very slow
    to fire..

Many thanks

ErikNK and SooKee like this.
  6. stormvapers
    Fine

Yes I run on Mech, single 18650.
    I like 0.17 to 0.22 coils on my mech squonkers.... Mostly SS....
    Ramp up is fine.... Very satisfying for me....

ErikNK, SooKee and moonoy93 like this.
  7. moonoy93
    Cloud_9

I will try again.. thanks for the info..

ErikNK likes this.
  8. stormvapers
    Fine

What is the ohm of your coil?
    Remember that the higher the ohm, the less the power on Mech.
    Tell me the wattage you use to vape on regulated then I can advise you.

ErikNK likes this.
  9. moonoy93
    Cloud_9

The SS Clapton comes out between 0.5 - 0.7, Wattage on a regulated device is about 20w,
    the highest I go is 32w, this is for liquid that contains creams/custard.

For fruit liquid,I never go higher than 20w...

10. ErikNK
    Cloud_9

ErikNK Thread Starter Smok, Vaporesso

Thats looks right, my 0.5 coil I krank it up to 33-34 watt with VG 70/30 Bakeri juice, if its 0.7 you can test it up to 36-37 Watt, thinner juice like berry, i just change my wick, use more cotton.

Remember IMO when you use clapton or Alien the juice will be stucked in the wire så you have to use more wattage, if not you get black coil very fast. IMO its al about wicking, if you wick it right you can get great flavour and clouds with pure kanthal also.

moonoy93 likes this.