1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Cool What Tank and Attys have you retired?

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by ErikNK, Jul 3, 2018.

1. ErikNK
    Cloud_9

ErikNK Thread Starter Smok, Vaporesso

We always have our favourite Tank, attys, automizer, RBA, Sub ohm tank RTA etc.

So my first retirement was a Kanger mini RBA, that Tank was great, good flavor and huge clouds, but its to loud, the coil is smal and take some time to build.

The next one was my Vaporesso NRG, the sub ohm coils was just shit, they lastet only one day, then I had to stick them up in the cotton hole, and clean them every day, to buy new coil was not and option, the tank was just to bad. went in the ash train also.

Kratos Attty RBA, went into the bin after two days, the quality just sucked.

Zeus RTA dual, great clouds, but no flavor, top airflow and to long distance to the coil so all the flavour got muted, leak proof yes, but the Bin was calling for det Zeus.

IJOY Captain x3, actually a great sub ohm tank, great favour, great clouds but the coils are difficult to get, and to expensive compare to an RTA tank.

On my Mods now, I use, NR 1 Serpent SMM, NR 2 Merlin mini, NR 3 Aleader squonk NR 4 Ammit 25 (Leaking as hell if you not fill it right) and NR 5 IJOY RBAD

My favourite MOD is the IJOY Diamond, because it has 2 207000 Batteries and last for ever, it has a good grip and the interface is very easy.

Wire I use is NI 80 Alien 32 GA and SS Alien 32GA depends on what I build, 2.5 mm or 3.mm and

In the mail I waiting for the Kyilin RTA Vandy vape, I cant wait to get my hands on that one :)

My first automizer was the ego, my longest lasted automizer Tank was the Innokin Iclear 30 and Kanger Protank 2, good memories from this tank :)

IMG20180703132612.jpg

Siam Diesel, SooKee and kevin bangkok like this.
  2. SooKee
    Lurking

SooKee Contented Single Coiler

Retired / sold off / gifted:

First two drop in coil tanks that came with two mods I bought (iJust S / Melo 3). Just found the flavours muted and the coils don't last long with some of the juices I use. Expensive way to vape IMO and lacking flavour.

Nautilis Mini. Great clearo but MTL I found not really my vaping style, although at first I really liked it.

Pulse 24 RDA. Great build deck. Don't like the airflow control much. Still have it and might use again but for now it's boxed up.

DJV RDTA. Great build and nice enough flavour but kinda midway between a tank and an RDA. Not sure the tank element makes it worth building for vs the flavour and ease of a straight RDA. Ended up not being keen on the filling method either, deck needs an air vent. My chum who took it off me loves it though. If I need the capacity I find the 2ml tank is not enough and that an 8ml squonk bottle does better, keeps the juice fresh too.

Lush Plus RDA. OK but just not for me. Bitch to the cap off after it had sit unused.

In use now: Nudge 22, Recurve and Drop dual coil (seems to be the best I have for a banana juice that can taste a bit tinny on a small single coil RDA - too intense on them I think) RDAs, Ammit 25 and Serpent SMM (but tanks mostly sit clean and wicked for when I decide them). Mods: Smoant Battlestar, Cylon, Pico iStick 75 and the Pulse 80. The Pulse will likely take away the need to use tanks at all, except for when I mix 2 juices that go well together (rare). Was going to try a Pulse 22 too, but can't be bothered.

Really drawing back on purchases now though. Have a couple of single coil clones on order I'd like to try (KRMA / Haku Venna) and maybe the new Digiflavour Drop Solo (I know some folks use a single coil on the dual coil drop and are happy with it but for me it's way too big and airy for a single coil). Might look at a mech mod at some time but vape purchases are low priority for me now, other than juice.

Siam Diesel and ErikNK like this.
  3. debatedude
    No Mood

debatedude Mech Moderator Staff Member

I've tried two tanks: the Wotofo Flow (uses a pre-built coil cartridge thingy), and the Reload RTA (rebuildabe). What they taught me is that tanks are not for me. Shame too, because I love the idea of fill-and-go. I just didn't like the hit on either tank. I found that the coils for the Flow tank burnt out after a week, even keeping it at the recommended wattage. The Reload had an incredibly small build deck and was a complete pain to wick. Both tanks were...how shall I say it...given to the gods.

Siam Diesel, SooKee and ErikNK like this.
  4. SooKee
    Lurking

Yeah it's shame, I really tried to like mine more than I do but on most flavours I find they just aren't there. Even for the few juices that they do deliver on I find a different (to the ones I normally use daily) RDA still does it better and is far less of a PITA to maintain.

The tanks I find can be very fickle with wicking (I've never had either of mine leak on me though, not at all) where it needs to be got JUST right or they leak or don't wick well. The biggest problem though is I find they are better wicked fresh every day as the juice left in a tank, or even on the wicks if vaped dry (ish), just congeals and gunks up, leave it for a few days and ughhhh. I often see people saying they leave juice in a tank for weeks, even months and it's fine, I guess they must vape flavourless nic. The coils do seem to clog faster in them too vs in the RDAs I use where they stay quite clean.

debatedude, moonoy93 and ErikNK like this.
  5. ErikNK
    Cloud_9

SooKee, yes, the best is to change your wick daily, ok, its some work, but the reward is just so much grater. :)

SooKee likes this.
  6. SooKee
    Lurking

Yeah, but more rewarding for me on an RDA, and less hassle too. Recurve re-wick 1 minute, tank 5-10. It's the flavour mostly though. If the RTA delivered the flavour as much as the RDA (not saying they don't deliver flavour, just not as much) I wouldn't mind the build time, it's not that much more hassle but it's more hassle for less reward, for me eat least.

ErikNK likes this.
  7. moonoy93
    Cloud_9

moonoy93 Well-Known Member

Totally agree @SooKee

I used tanks for many years, Kayfun,Taifun, Hurricane,
    Great flavour tanks, but as you state PITA to wick, as it has to be spot on, or the liquid will find a way to go down the hole, then out via the air holes...

The only tank, which never leaked on me was the OBS Engine.as the coil was at the bottom of the tank, and air holes was at the top.

I previously didn't have to wick regularly, as the juices I mixed or... One shot 's concentrates, didn't contain much sucralose, compared to the Malaysian juices I now vape.

I used to fill my tank,with a Custard juice, before I went to bed, as left overnight, it was an amazing flavour,the next morning, maybe left to breathe overnight?

Now I squonk, after 5 years of vaping , it has come a long way, as RDA's have deeper juice wells, so it's fairly hard to leak, also I need to wick daily now, due to high sugar content,and it's a cinch.
    My next mod will be this

Dual 18650 Regulated Squonk box, fits all bottles. And I like the design of the how the bottle fits into the mod..

That's my 2 cents worth 555555

Siam Diesel, ErikNK and SooKee like this.
  8. SooKee
    Lurking

Nice mod!

I was tempted to try the OBS Engine / Nano but just got the stage that with the Ammit 25 / Serpent SMM supposedly being up close to the top of with flavour delivery I'd just be buying more of the same merely to shelve it. Bit the same with RDAs to be honest (though I'll likely succumb to the Drop Solo), the Tigertek Morphe looks interesting, nice deep juice well, just not keen on the spring loaded deck. Trouble is I really like the Recurve and the Nudge 22 (in that order), so much so that I've ordered another Recurve to use on the Pulse 80 squonk, leaving the other in drip mode for use on dual cell reg.

If I did another mod it'd likely be a dual cell 20700 in the future, like the look of the L'Atelier Holy too, but $$$$$.

Have you tried the Cloud Niners Cookies? Plan to try some, along with the Pina Colada.

ErikNK likes this.
  9. ErikNK
    Cloud_9

I love my mech mod, RDA and my Squonk, the only hassel is the battery time, they run out to fast, I only use them home, when I go out, the RTA its a much better solution for me, but I struggle with the leaking problem, I think I have Juice ADD and make too thin wicks, I will try to use more cotton and se if the leaking problem stop, but then the flavor will be muted.

SooKee likes this.
  10. SooKee
    Lurking

I never get a leak on the Ammit, I did when I first filled it, but see the last paragraph that stopped it. For what it's worth, what I do, I have the wicks just thick enough to get the slightest resistance in the coil, barely any. At first I was wicking way too tight and got crap flavour, the tails were also way too thick, barely thinned, and weren't wicking. The tails I cut so they just touch the bottom of the deck and thin them out by around 50% (otherwise the wicking sucks). I also trim the wick edges at a slight angle so then end comes down to a blunted V shape then just gently feed the wicks into the wells so it just covers and walls off the inlets. I then nudge the angle tweezers into the inlet and gently nudge the wicks so they are even.

The major thing to remember with the Ammit. Close of the juice flow control (JFC) clockwise and close the airflow before you fill, then only ever open the JFC clockwise (so if you go too far, go round again clockwise, don't back it off) otherwise juice will pour out. You don't need thick heavy wicks. Hope this helps.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
    ErikNK likes this.
  11. moonoy93
    Cloud_9

I only like single coil RDA's and tanks, as dual coiled attys/RDA's guzzle juice ...like alcoholics 55555..

Tanks for me,will be put out to pasture.. as a RDA will surpass the flavour of a tank..-IMO

Regarding the Cloud Niners, I havent as yet tried any of their range, the juice Id like to try is the Pina Colada,
    as the flavour profile reminds me of one my all time favourites, which was Colonel Boom's Pearl Harbor, which was Pineapple,Coconut and with a hint of Custard and Caramel...

Have you tried any Cloud Niners?

ErikNK likes this.
  12. ErikNK
    Cloud_9

The Ammit I have control on, the wicking on the Ammit is a hell haha :D But the Merlin Mini, OMG I really struggle with it, I vaping it with paper in my right hand lol :D But, it something with the air pressure in the Tank, if I just fill it 2/3 its not leaking, I turn it up side down and turn on the airflow, its great, but if i Fill it full tank it leaking as hell.
    **Updated**
    My Serpent SMM singel coil with round Fused Clapton 3 mm, 24GA is like a pampers, its suck up 50 ml juice in a hour, LOL :D You only have 7 puff on one tank hehe :D

moonoy93 and SooKee like this.
  13. moonoy93
    Cloud_9

@ErikNK

Take a look at this..

or refill tank with no leaks,

ErikNK and SooKee like this.
  14. SooKee
    Lurking

Yeah I use quite a few Cloud Niners:

Mango - nice

Banana nice but better on an airy RDA - I use the dual coil Drop - be interested to see how it goes on the Drop Solo

Apple - not yet found an Apple I like, mostly too sweet. So so

Grape. OK but I like Cloud Chasers or Purple Dream more

Creamy Mango - nice

Creamy Strawberry - nice

Next up: Pina Colada and Cookies.

Sent using Tapatalk

moonoy93 and ErikNK like this.
  15. ErikNK
    Cloud_9

Thanks great video, I re wicked my Ammit with a pancake wick, and its good now. The Merlin comes with two deck, a single deck an a dual deck, I use the dual deck, I building on the single deck now, so I will come back with a update when am finish :)

SooKee and moonoy93 like this.