1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Cool What a difference a tanks makes!!

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomisers' started by SooKee, May 18, 2018.

1. SooKee
    Lurking

SooKee Thread Starter Contented Single Coiler

Only started vaping about 8 months ago, mainly as a replacement for shisha that I sometimes enjoy, and knowing little when I first bought I bought a Smoant Battlestart and a Pico iStick (the latter mostly to use with a Nautilius Mini that I picked up on from here), both of which came with sub-ohm / pre-built coil tanks that I have to say I found quite underwhelming. OK for a few uses but after a while, the flavour subsided a lot, almost to the point that I was thinking "this is a waste of time". Switching juices created even more problems such that the favours just got blurred. Had a few burnt coild too but that was likely down to user error.

Since then I switched to an Ammit 25 RTA and, despite being only single coil, the taste is simply awesome and has given me a much needed, renewed interest in using the vape. I first used a pre-made Alien coil which, while being OK, I found it really blitzed through the batteries on the Battlestar, and the juice!! So I got round to building my own, single wire Kanthal 24/26 ga and for me it's much better with these.

Just picked up a new RDTA too, a DJV, and that is also outstanding. Tried the alien coils in that too (dual) but BOY does it get hot!!!!! So I'm planning to drop down to maybe dual wire Claptons or even single wire micro coils just to bring the heat down. Awesome flavour though and a great tank. I'd tried several RDAs belonging to friends and wasn't blown away. But this, with the added benefit of an (albeit only 2mm) tank I find really superb and, more usable outside too, plus of course you can switch juices fast.

Obviously to all the long time users this will be well known but I can't believe just how different the experience is! Plus all the juices I have, I can know actually taste them and the differences in taste are so noticeable, unlike with the sub-ohm tanks where it just blurred to varying degrees of sweet.