1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Vivi nove rebuild

Discussion in 'Vaping Maintenance' started by chiangrai, Nov 29, 2013.

1. chiangrai

chiangrai Thread Starter New Member

Hi,
    My wife,not me, just rebuilded a CE5 coil head for her vivi nova tank.
    We found even when we bought the coils new.The CE5 coils tasted better than the vivi nova coils.
    Any way she is doing the rebuilding,I am helping her by choosing the supplies off the net
    and checking the ohms.

Last one she made was with kanthol .2mm 32awng-4 rounds and one strand of 1mm silica wick.
    This has been her best effort so far but it make the tank hot and I've got a feeling that it's only going to last a few days like her previous efforts.

She/we are getting there but does anyone have any tips to cool it down and not taste burnt in a few days.
    This one vapes and tastes great,I have to admit,
    Thanks

2. mash
    Nerdy

mash zZz

seems a bit on the low side with 4 rounds and only one 1mm silica, what ohms are you getting with that setup ?

3. chiangrai

we're getting 1.9 ohms.She says it would be difficult to fit anymore than 4 rounds of wire in.
    Thanks,

4. mash
    Nerdy

mash zZz

hmm, 1,9 ohm in awg 32 kanthal will need to have a lenght of 4,22 cm, 4 wraps on 1mm silica is a length of (1*pi)*4 so 12.56 mm, so there is 29,64 mm in "legs"(kanthal not near the silica) or something else is wrong:vaping:
    All this is in theory but something seems not right, i dont have a ce5 coil and didnt know it fit in a vivi nova but the vivi nova heads i have rebuilded there was no problems using 5 wraps of kanthal 32 on 2 x 1mm silica or 1 x 3mm silica.

It late so my calc. can be wrong :grin:

Small chart(ohms per meter):
    kanthalohms.png

Chart i stole from todd(todd's reviews):
    stealthvapeswirechart_zpsff597b2f.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Now i been thinking and i think that you need 3 x 1mm silica(atleast 2 x 1mm silica) and atleast 4 wraps(i think 5 is better) with 32awg kanthal, i think the problem with heat is duo to that the kanthal "legs" will get alot hotter than the kanthal on the silica wich will make it brake easy and heat the base rather than the e-juice, i found a video maybe it can help:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2014
  5. chiangrai

O.K,
    She is on the job,
    vivi nove head-4 wraps of coil and 2 strands of silica.
    Thanks for your help.I'll let you know how it goes.

- - - Updated - - -

Bingo,
    vivi nova head-5 wraps of coil-2 strands of wick-2.6 ohms.
    It's smoking better than it ever did with the factory made coils.
    What would you expect to happen if she added 1 more strand of silica.
    well done mate-Thanks

6. mash
    Nerdy

mash zZz

I relly dont know, the ones i have came with 4 x 1 mm silica, if it is wicking good and flavor/vapor is good and no dryhits dont change it, 3 x 1 mm silica will give more heat on the silica(use only 4 wraps) and maybe give more flavor/vapor you will have to test it out, the reson for me saying that 3 x 1mm silica gives more heat on the silica is that a bigger % of the kanthal is on the silica and not in the legs:vaping:

7. chiangrai

Yes,
    we'll see how this goes.will it burn out in 3 days like the last ones she has made,if not we won't change anything.
    Any way me missus is chuffed and that always makes life easier,and saves me buying new wicks too.

8. chiangrai

Aw bummer,
    it blew yesterday,the coil was all black.
    She rebuilt it again with 3 strands of wick,2.4ohms.

she has an egoC upgrade battery and the coil stops working before the yellow light goes blue,it won't work on white light.
    She gets a few hours out of a fully charged battery and
    that's it.
    The battery problem is not so bad but why do all her coils last only 3 days,
    maybe this one won't,we'll see.

9. ryanmacl

ryanmacl Well-Known Member

Can you post a photo of one of the coils?

10. chiangrai

I haven't got that kind of technology I'm afraid,nor could I use it if I had,
    Whats changed this time is that she is using the protective coating,if that's what it's called.
    when you take off the silicone ring at the top of the head there is what Pbsardo the famous reviewer on YouTube,calls a protective coat.It's a tube shaped thing made out of something similar to silicone.He says through it away.

Any way she is inserting this this time.The problem with it not working on the white light has gone.

She only did it a few hours ago so we have to wait the costomory 3 days to see if it shorts.

When you open the top of the vivi's to fill them you must also make sure the coil head hasn't loosened by tightening it with your finger.She reckons this is when she causes the coil to move and we are hoping that this tube will stop this happening.

Do you know these tubes and could we be on the right track,
    Thanks for your interest

11. mash
    Nerdy

mash zZz

Well the only way that the coil is moving is if the silicone top is moved without the body, also be sure to pull down a littel in the kanthal wire's when rebuilding is at the stage of putting the bottom silicone and pin in to hold the kanthal.:vaping: