1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Help Vietnam?

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by taotoo, Oct 16, 2016.

1. taotoo

taotoo Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Can't seem to find much up to date info on vaping in Vietnam.

Am going there for a week or so tomorrow. I was planning on taking a couple of small mods (built in batteries) in my carry on, and putting two tanks and 50ml of juice in my checked luggage.

I'm assuming in Thailand they'll presume I'm a tourist and wave me through.

Anyone had any experience of arriving in Vietnam with vaping gear recently?

2. taotoo

In case it's of interest to anybody coming here in the future:

No problems with the domestic flight within Thailand, nor with leaving Thailand or entering Vietnam.

However took an internal flight in Vietnam today. After checking in they pulled my just-x-rayed bag, took me into a room and had me open it. He went straight for the toiletries bag that had the tank and juice in it. By this point I was having flashbacks to every episode of Locked Up Abroad I've ever seen. But he didn't bother to take anything out of the plastic bags that they were in - largely ignored the tank, and just squeezed the liquid bottle a bit. He also had a look at my spare coils. He then said I could go - I presume he recognised it as vape gear on the x-ray, and just wanted to double check. Didn't even ask me what the liquid in the (unlabelled) bottle was.

edit: gonna just put everything in my carry on for the next flight - less stressful should they take an interest in it.

jpr, AI-NAAM and Konvict like this.
  3. Tokay
    Lurking

Tokay Well-Known Member

Are you back in Thailand? Curious to see what will happen coming in internationally as I might be flying out soon and won't be able to play the tourist card

4. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Swampy hasn't changed a bit...I put as much as possible in my checked luggage, plastic wrap it for security and only carry in my Aio & spare 18650 batteries for my flashlight in my carry-on bag. ;) And the Aio goes into my pocket before walking through the Green channel.

Have made several international trips this year and have not had any problems leaving or returning. :)
    :vaping: :vaping:

Konvict and Tokay like this.
  5. Tokay
    Lurking

Tokay Well-Known Member

Good to know! I mentioned in another post my friend who got through Swampy fine but was stopped at Samui, had his checked in luggage opened and made to pay a bribe...perhaps if the bag was plastic wrapped, the extra effort might have dissuaded the officers :wink:

6. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Sounds like his checked luggage was cleared in Samui, not Swampy.

Sent from my P3 Ti...

Konvict likes this.
  7. Tokay
    Lurking

Tokay Well-Known Member

Yep was sent all the way to Samui THIS time. Before that he'd collect in Swampy and re-check it with no problems.

8. taotoo

Not back for a few days, but wont be checking in any vape stuff as I'd rather they find it in a more public environment, and it feels less smuggley so denial of knowledge is more plausible.

Tokay likes this.
  9. taotoo

This time put everything in my carry on and no problems with leaving Vietnam, entering Thailand, and getting a domestic flight.

Konvict, Tokay, jpr and 1 other person like this.