1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Vapor Flask DNA 40 Temperature Control Clone First Looks

Discussion in 'Temperature Control board Talk' started by -V-, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

Better Box and instruction manual, I didnt get a manual with my VF did anyone else?

2. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

Not sure mine did either but I really didn't need one anyway since it's just a straightforward battery insertion case together with a DNA40 chipset and controls. I'd check now but the box it came in is probably buried amid miscellaneous stuff from moving households recently.

3. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

I got some blurb in mine about which batteries to use, etc, but nothing truly resembling an owner's manual. I'm with you, Scratch, this is my favorite mod atm...batteries are lasting 3 full days!

4. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

V, you really need to bring that bad boy to the vape meet... ;)

5. -V-
    Cool

-V- Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

Thank god for that..lol..I thought China had done it and taken over Evolv...but maybe not
    Ok found my first issue
    Not sure if this is just mine having a faulty chip or if they are all like this but 5 click lock, Leave it for say an hour, then when pressing the fire button it is no longer locked and it books ups the chip and fires

So with that this means at no point is the device locked if left....
    ermmm...maybe tomorrow it will be a full on strip down..This could be one of my biggest dna 40 chip swap projects to date....

6. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

How is the board held in place atm? Did they just completely fill it up with hot glue? lol

7. -V-
    Cool

As far as I could see yes, but I couldn't see the board at all due to all the wires and hot glue, I could not see anything else holding it in....
    I was being really careful as I was happy with it at the time, i still am now but not a fan of not being able to lock it.....

8. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Yeah, that's a bit of a problem but given the size, it probably won't end up in your pocket. I tend to carry mine when I'm out...and even in my bullet bag, the side fire button isn't prone to accidental activation.

9. -V-
    Cool

I know....and as per what I've said the chip so far is working great in temp mode....
    I'll sleep on it all for a while...

10. Pipcon
    Cool

Pipcon Well-Known Member

Make sure you have an extinguisher next to the bed! :(

Sent from my iPhone using some sort of magic hocus pocus

PattsVaper and Siam Diesel like this.
  11. -V-
    Cool

So been vaping with the nickel build on the Subtank all morning, still performing really well for a cloned temp chip.
    I am holding back on the strip out, really hard to not do it but I feel I will do it sooner rather than later just cos I have nothing better to do and no other projects on the go right now...lol

12. -V-
    Cool

So got it Thursday and been vaping on it with the Subtank and nickel since then, and i still haven't charged the batteries

It is still vaping great.
    Up to date the only thing I have found is that as i posted the 5 click lock does unlock itself after an hours or so, but that's it.
    The ohms read perfect comparing with the Evolv dna 40
    The temp control works perfect
    A very good clone buy so far...

13. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Glad to hear it's working out. The batts on mine last a full 3 days of non-stop vaping. They read out at 3.1 volts when the battery gauge (which has now decided to start working) shows empty .

Sent from my Ti Mini

14. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

Regarding your wonky screen SD.
    This clone I have (assuming the authentic is along the same lines) when you remove the screws the top plate comes off (only an inch or two due to 510 wires) and the screen is stuck with double sided tape to a plastic cage. I think it would be fairly straight forward to realign the screen but may need some newer double sided tape (wafer thin variety).

Just a suggestion if you're feeling adventurous...

Siam Diesel likes this.
  15. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Cheers, Rick...wondered about that. I've told VF that I'm willing to give it a go. Just waiting for their green light to keep the warranty in place. What size torx wrench is needed for the top screws? Any suggestions on brand of double sided tape...3M maybe?

Sent from my Ti Mini