1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Vapor Flask DNA 40 Temperature Control Clone First Looks

Discussion in 'Temperature Control board Talk' started by -V-, Feb 19, 2015.

1. -V-
    Cool

-V- Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

Ok, just arrived 30 mins ago
    I got it from here 3Fvape :
    VAPOR FLASK DNA 40 STYLE 510 VARIABLE WATTAGE MOD - Black, ALUMINUM Alloy, 2 X 18650, NO USB CHARGING, Temperature Control - 3FVape

This was the first time using 3Fvape

This is the Vapor Flask DNA 40 Temperature Control Clone from China, they have IMHO successfully clone the temp chip but for how long the chip will last before there are any problems who knows, but Evolv have had their fair of problems for the past 6 months with their temp chip anyway.

It was ordered on the 8th Feb, shipped on the 9th Feb and arrived today 19th Feb, this was with China Airmail, so not too bad at all.
    Great comunication with 3Fvape, after ordered I sent in a ticket asking if they would make sure to get it out quickly as the CNY was just around the corner, they replied quickly and said it would be shipped in 24 hours and it was

I went with the No USB version, they also have one with the USB version but the cut out hole looked crap and I don't want a USB so it's better as it is for me...

Ok, so here it is

photo 1.JPG

Comes with the mod, and a nice pouch and instructions
    photo 2.JPG

The bottom, the caps with batteries line up perfect
    photo 3.JPG

The top, both the top and bottom caps are copper, it has a 510 adjustable pin not reverse threaded though.
    photo 4.JPG

Let's turn it on

photo 5.JPG

So the functions are next, a little different but they say what they mean :)

Screen Shot 2558-02-19 at 3.53.53 PM.png Screen Shot 2558-02-19 at 3.54.03 PM.png Screen Shot 2558-02-19 at 3.54.11 PM.png

Same as the Evolv DNA 40 for the temp settings

Screen Shot 2558-02-19 at 3.54.24 PM.png

Screen Shot 2558-02-19 at 3.54.46 PM.png

Ok so I had a nickel build on my SubTank deck ready.
    The next pictures show the chip doing exactly what it should do.
    The wattage is real time, so it goes up and down like the real dna 40
    The coil and wick were fully juiced up and I just kept firing it until it was dry

And guess what, it did like I said exactly as it should have done, it hit the temp setting as per it should it reduced the wattage as per it should when it was getting dry
    and it went right down to I think 2 W with the temp control hitting in and not burning the cotton...
    It works great

photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG photo 4.JPG photo 5.JPG

photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG

In this picture I am pressing the button, the wattage is set to 22 Watts, but when pressing the button as the wick is now dry it reduces down the wattage to the below picture and doesn't burn the wick, the wick is now dry of juice...

photo 3.JPG

The last picture

photo 4.JPG

I have been giving it a good vape and it is working fantastic in temp mode
    There is a very very small delay when pressing the fire button to fire but nothing big

So without temp control in normal wattage mode how does it vape?
    Ok, I need more time to test that part out but a few vapes and it hit at 16.5 W just fine

Next up I will take the top off and look inside and take some pictures....

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  2. Spliff

Spliff Active Member

Why was it shipped from China if it's made in the USA?

3. -V-
    Cool

Oh dear, just took the top off and not what I thought it would have looked liked
    I saw a few pictures of other Vaper Flask clones around the net and it should have been like in internal sliding case with the chip in it, this is very different, lots of wires and silicone/hotglue

Not going to be an easy swap for the Evolv dna 40 chip at all
    I guess it's a case of strip all the insides out but i'm not going to do that for a while as it's working great in temp mode right now...

Here it is
    photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG Screen Shot 2558-02-19 at 4.40.46 PM.png Screen Shot 2558-02-19 at 4.41.08 PM.png

With the subtank with the nickel build on the deck, i have 2 airholes open and getting a real nice lung inhale which isn't overpowering but a real nice vape

PattsVaper and haybilly like this.
  4. -V-
    Cool

Maybe as it's the 'clone' of the Vaper Flask it was made in China :wink:

5. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

Thanks for the review -V-, it looks fantastic I have to say !

What is the difference between the Evolv chip and this one ? Put aside the build quality I guess.

-V- likes this.
  6. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

That's horrific inside. What's the build quality like? My one is very good (not temp control) chip had massive delays. It's all in bits waiting for me to get my arse in gear...

-V- likes this.
  7. ThaiGermanSamui

ThaiGermanSamui Well-Known Member

Tits ! l:very good:

-V- likes this.
  8. -V-
    Cool

It sure is

Yes the Evolv chips are good, then they don't scramble, this is the China clone of the chip, which IMHO they have cloned very well...

Tell me about it, I was very shocked, nothing like i thought it was going to be like...
    Okish, the top there is a little gap around where it sits ontop of the mod, but nothing huge..
    When I press the fire button there is a very very short delay nothing as bad as some of the clone chips I've had.

@Rick O-Shea I'd love to see the inside of yours, PM me some pictures or throw some up on this Thread
    Also do your buttons have 2 wires coming from each of them?

9. -V-
    Cool

Well I am enjoying this more than I enjoyed the Evolv dna 40 temp chip mods I have tried
    This chip is working great, I just wonder if it will keep on working good or if it will fail in some part...

10. Rick O-Shea

The buttons are tactiles. They basically hold the cage inside when the button sleeves are in place.

20150219_171812.jpg

20150219_171823.jpg

20150219_171916.jpg

20150219_171925.jpg
    **Updated**
    I think the chip was either the same or very similar to the one in the Zero. Shite.
    If that is vaping OK I think I would probably leave it as is myself.

-V- likes this.
  11. -V-
    Cool

Ok, that is how I thought mine was going to look inside, how wrong I was..lol.
    So all 3 buttons are tactile buttons on yours, so therefore 2 wires from each button to run to the dna 40 chip is easy...
    The only thing I could see in the mess of mine was the fire button which looked like it did have 2 wires from it...
    I'm not taking this chip out until it fails on me I think, as if you haven't already worked out in my posts I am happy with the performance of this chip so far :pleasure:

12. -V-
    Cool

Seriously guys, this thing is rocking with the temp control on the subtank re build deck...
    Who knows as the chip is a clone how long the chip might last but if it does last this is definitely a mod you should get if you fancy the whole temp control thing

Usually the clone chips I get in mods I test them and know right away they are crap and that's why I have been changing the chips in the clones just of late with the Evolv chips, but not in this one.....yet..lol...

13. Rick O-Shea

The placement of the chip and how close the buttons are to where the chip needs to be makes things slightly more complicated than just wiring the buttons to the chip.

14. -V-
    Cool

So what's the plan?

15. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

Definitely a cost saving over the original like I have here! Glad it seems to be working well for you thus far and hope it continues to. Mine has been flawless and it's my favorite regulated mod in my arsenal.

-V- likes this.