1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Vaping legal or not in Thailand?

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vaping Newbies' started by VapeNationRussia, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Donkey
    Amused

Donkey Well-Known Member

Local Thai friend of mine and my supplier was selling juice and gear from his home in Jomtien. The police raided his house confiscated all his gear worth around $5,000usd , He's now very underground and will only sell to people he knows and trust.

Jazz2017, Konvict, jpr and 1 other person like this.
  2. Alex ODonovan

Alex ODonovan Member

Hello, new poster here. Vaping is legal only in Vietnam and Laos. NOT Thailand or Cambodia. Am posting this to 'up' my noob count posts. I am looking for e-juice suppliers in BKK

3. debatedude
    No Mood

debatedude Mech Moderator Staff Member

Then I suggest you scan the ads, the classifieds, and the vendors section of this forum.

Konvict and Siam Diesel like this.
  4. Alex ODonovan

Alex ODonovan Member

OK - thank-you for your reply :)

5. StShark

StShark New Member

DO NOT vaping on bus, Hospital and public place......

6. Alex ODonovan

Alex ODonovan Member

Ah - yes - I realise this that it's very much illegal; I shall be confining myself to my room but ty for the advice :)

7. Tokay
    Lurking

Tokay Well-Known Member

That's a given. You don't vape on busses, in hospitals or anywhere where smoking is prohibited. Should be common sense. Think twice before you vape in Thailand, if you're not 100% sure you're safe then don't do it. With the increasing popularity of vaping here you'll most likely bump into someone else doing it in the same area. That'll help you somewhat determine how safe it is.

Like with anything in Thailand, if you're visibly annoying someone, STOP AND MOVE AWAY. As much as I keep re-stating that vaping here on Samui is safe, I recently witnessed a situation involving vacationer on the beach I was sat next to. I decided to see how it would play out after seeing a group of locals downwind of his clouds shooting him dirty looks, waving their hands in front of their faces and pretending to cough, giving clear signs he was pissing them off but he decided to ignore them anyway. This resulted in the local jet ski touts surrounding and threatening him till they all agreed the only way out was if he left..after shedding some of the extra weight in his wallet. Was a good show and honestly he got what he deserved :bravo:

Thais are pretty tolerant, especially in tourist destinations but don't blatantly flaunt the law and piss people off. Common sense when travelling anywhere but many seem to forget their brains back home.

Jazz2017, Konvict, jpr and 1 other person like this.
  8. Alex ODonovan

Alex ODonovan Member

Hi - thanks again. This is my 6th visit to Bangkok - a city I very much love - and upsetting the locals in any way is the LAST thing I want to do - hence I have no intention of vaping anywhere outside my own room (given the legality and apparent social unacceptability).

Got my brain with me :)

Ty

moonoy93, Konvict, jpr and 1 other person like this.
  9. AI-NAAM
    No Mood

AI-NAAM Provarinati Member

I believe your talking about airport security screeners? They are only concerned with enforcing airline rules, not Thai laws.
    If you are selected for customs screening, I think it may be a different story.

Interesting that he continues to operate his business at all after having his stock confiscated, and I assume paid a heavy fine?
    Must be a high profit margin to want to continue taking the risk.

10. Level Vape Chicago

Level Vape Chicago New Member

Is vaping just prohibited in public places in Thailand?

11. Tokay
    Lurking

Tokay Well-Known Member

Throughout the entire country the import and sale of electronic cigarettes is illegal and carries a potential jail sentence. The possession of vape gear falls under the same law as the possession of prohibited items, which also carries a potential jail sentence/fine.

jpr likes this.
  12. Urijah

Urijah New Member

Guys, you have any idea if i can bring my vape out of thailand? Will it be a problem at suvarnhabumi airport?

13. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Exiting shouldn't be a problem as long as you have your gear packed in your checked luggage. Loose batteries, and mods with integral batteries, must be packed in your carry-on. The security screeners are only interested in making sure that what you take on the plane is safe...AFAIK, they're not at all interested in the legal aspects.

Konvict likes this.
  14. Urijah

Urijah New Member

No problem at the airport xray with your bag that have vape mod in the bag?

15. Urijah

Urijah New Member

Because i dont have a checked in luggage.. i only have carry on bag.. so can i put my vape inside my carry on bag?