1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Vaping legal or not in Thailand?

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vaping Newbies' started by VapeNationRussia, Dec 21, 2016.

1. nikoteen

nikoteen Member

I am surprised there has been no loud protesting from the Chinese.
    Their numbers are the largest for tourism to Thailand, and it is a well known fact they are also the largest consumers of tobacco in the world. Hence it would seem to me they probably now have the world`s largest number of vapers.
    The Chinese do love a smoke, so any statistics yet of them being caught in the BIB vaping firing line?
    As a country desperate to increase tourism it would seem daft of the Thai rulers to alienate such a vast potential market, ... or am I talking nonsense?

2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

This is true.
    I don't think they've embraced vaping yet to this extent.
    @debatedude - any first hand knowledge on this?
    Doubt it...the large majority of them are on guided bus tours with planned itineraries and probably have very little interaction with the BiB.

Sue and Konvict like this.
  3. Jazz2017

Jazz2017 Well-Known Member

As far as I know vaping isn’t huge over in China. Most smokers are still pretty naive to it all which is ironic since 90% of all vape gear comes from China.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sue and Siam Diesel like this.
  4. nikoteen

nikoteen Member

Yes of course the vast majority of Chinese tourists are encompassed within the guided tours,

BUT as they traipse through the sois following the flag, I wouldnt be surprised if the vapers cast envious looks at those others freely lighting up their Marlboros as they trek across the pavements
    PLUS there has to be quite a number of potential visitors who are dissuaded from touring immediately it sinks in that vaping is outlawed.
    I`m not so sure about it being an insignificant minority, as yet, who vape, but even if it were so, that those embracing the e-cigs is currently small, you only have to look at how rapidly (worldwide) numbers rise once the idea is sown.

Konvict and Siam Diesel like this.
  5. V4Vendetta

V4Vendetta Member

Definition of conjecture
    1 a : inference formed without proof or sufficient evidence
    b : a conclusion deduced by surmise or guesswork The criminal's motive remains a matter of conjecture.
    c : a proposition (as in mathematics) before it has been proved or disproved

6. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

Wow, you googled that all by yourself?

nikoteen and Siam Diesel like this.
  7. Bantorvaper
    Mellow

Bantorvaper Well-Known Member

Conjecture !!

upload_2018-1-22_17-42-32.png

8. Vape News

Vape News New Member

Any updates on the vaping issue in Thailand? Or is it still the same?

9. Chodi

Chodi Well-Known Member

Nothing has changed. Nothing will change until the people making a fortune from the sale and taxing of tobacco figure out how to make money from vaping. That will likely include some large taxes on vaping products but there must be much more to compensate them for losing tobacco sales. A simple look at who benefits from the status quo explains it all.

nikoteen and Siam Diesel like this.
  10. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

It's getting worse...
    Proposed Thai Laws for Vaping in Thailand

11. nikoteen

nikoteen Member

Wow, having got that off your chest, I bet you`re feel a lot better in yourself now ............... or is this "conjecture"?

12. SpeedBug
    Cheerful

SpeedBug Active Member

Being a law-abiding citizen I am forced to follow the non-vaping rule in public or in my own vehicles, for whatever the government's reasoning whether I agree or not. I also understand that importing, buying, selling, etc. is considered illegal with consequences of fines and jail time. But, is my understanding correct that you may vape in your own home? I watched this youtube vid which was quite interesting where the cops told the drivers that you can vape at home...

youtube watch?v=7ofDi3thJWU

13. debatedude
    No Mood

debatedude Mech Moderator Staff Member

All that stuff you see on Fasttech is for export only. In fact, Fasttech is blocked in China. With that said, every city I've visited so far has at least one well-stocked vape shop. there's juices and equipment from all over the world. Even in my small town, there is a small community of vapers.

Yes, pretty much every Chinese man smokes analogs, but many of the youngetr crowd are switching to vaping. I saw a lot of vapers in Shanghai and Nanjing.

Konvict and Siam Diesel like this.
  14. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

That's a very old video...he misunderstood what the cops said (in Thai). There's more in the comments.

Konvict and debatedude like this.
  15. SpeedBug
    Cheerful

SpeedBug Active Member

I agree he did lead the cop a bit, but the police man clearly said 'you can smoke in your room', whatever that implies. I assume whatever you do at home is ok as long as you don't get caught, right? I guess I am being a bit pedantic here.