1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Vaping legal or not in Thailand?

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vaping Newbies' started by VapeNationRussia, Dec 21, 2016.

1. sezze

sezze Active Member

Yes . handcarry only for battery and not loose but in protective case .

2. Urijah

Urijah New Member

i dont have a protective case for my batteries. is it okay if i put it in its box? i mean each battery has its own box

3. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

So far yes, I always travel with the batteries inside the mod (mod turned off though) and no issue.

4. Fastoche

Fastoche Well-Known Member

Hello, new poster here,
    Really interesting link. Dunno what to do if i want to go to have some drinks out in Bkk. I think i will have to take some cheap gear with me but don't want to have to pay the ** bib a bribe.
    Thanks.
    **Updated**
    Hello, new poster here,
    I'm quite pessimistic about the near future (couple of months). It's getting worse and worse about vaping (not only).

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  5. sezze

sezze Active Member

Staying in Thailand now . Bangkok i stayed a few days , and i noticed no difference then last time i stayed there .There is still gear sold on the street , and vaping still exists but the same underground as before .

6. Jazz2017

Jazz2017 Well-Known Member

Hello New Poster Here. Has there been any developments?
    **Updated**
    Hello New Poster Here. I have never heard of anyone getting busted On Samui for vaping, (maybe because its the most lawless place in Thailand) has anyone else?

7. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Konvict likes this.
  8. Fastoche

Fastoche Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Let's not make it looks worse than it is. We still can vape outside if we are discreet. I did vape at Jatujak weekend market and in a restaurant (we were seating outside and I asked if I was allowed to) on Saturday 18032017. At Jatujak, I tried to be discreet and I checked if there was no bib around. I guess if you are not provocative and try to avoid getting caught with your gear at a bib checkpoint on the road (more of them at the moment in Bkk) everything should be ok.
    Enjoy.

Siam Diesel and Tokay like this.
  9. Tokay
    Lurking

Tokay Well-Known Member

Never heard of it either but I'm still very discreet, only pulling it out for a few puffs here and there and only when others are smoking. Mostly just get asked by curious people if it really does help quit smoking/where to buy one. Couple of them even happened to be plainclothes police (only noticed after I saw their badge as they pulled out their wallets) , who were more interested in me getting them some AIOs than fining me :rolling laugh:. Also more recently got stopped at a police checkpoint by Lamai temple with my mod in the front pocket of my bike (stupid I know). Guy clearly saw it but wasn't interested.

I DID see someone get into trouble with some jet ski touts/"friends" on the beach though which resulted in the guy paying to get out uninjured. Guy was being obnoxious though blowing clouds when people around him were getting pissed off, deserved it. Guess the general consensus seems to be fine as long as you're not annoying everyone.

Jazz2017, Siam Diesel and Fastoche like this.
  10. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

As long as we understand that the BiB are using fines from catching people in possession of vape gear to replenish their coffers, then it's up to each person to decide how much risk he is willing to take to vape in public. :)

Konvict, Tibo and Fastoche like this.
  11. Jazz2017

Jazz2017 Well-Known Member

My bad i thought i had to start the first 5 posts that way, i was asking a genuine question though.
    **Updated**
    Ok thanks, I travel in and out every 4 weeks for work and have been carrying mods, tanks, coils, wick, wire and numerous juice bottles) for a very long time and had never even heard it was illegal until recently so openly smoked as i always have even in front of the BiB (which to be fair you never really see in Samui anyway) without issue. I now see how stupid this was and how lucky i have been. It pays to keep an eye on changing laws since they occur so often.

12. Tokay
    Lurking

Tokay Well-Known Member

Police don't really seem to care and they're very linear in what they do, don't seem to have caught onto/care about the fact that these little electronic devices can translate to quite a bonus for them. I've had police walk right up to me whilst vaping too (alienated by my phone) and they didn't really care as they were there for something else. One thing I would mention though is that a friend of mine, after getting through BKK no problem, landed at USM, had his bags opened and was told he had to "pay 1000 baht to the boss" by airport security or his mod would be confiscated. Strangely enough he had about 6 different mods and over 10 bottles of juice but it was his new, boxed iPV5 that set them off. :chinrub:

13. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

The police in Pattaya have caught on to this...and now, they're employing expat "ringers" in WS to check out the bars and if they see someone vaping, to report it (and collect Bt 5k) so the BiB will swoop in & fill their coffers... :(

14. Tokay
    Lurking

Tokay Well-Known Member

That's terrible news! Can't imagine how many more evil dirty vapers are being caught this way...

Siam Diesel likes this.
  15. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Yes, it's a crying shame...we heard this from a bar owner who was called to a meeting in WS last week...

Konvict likes this.