1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Vaping is really a BIG helper in quitting

Discussion in 'The Thailand Quit Smoking Discussion' started by jon, Jul 3, 2014.

1. jon
    Mellow

jon Thread Starter Well-Known Member

It's still very early in the day of course, got my EVOD 900mAh set plus juice from tienga on tuesday just before lunch, and has not touched a sigarette since.
    Have not been amongs the real heavy smokers I guess, but a pack a day for the last 4-5 years have been enought for me.

I use the 12mg nicotin juice now, I think I may have to mix in some 18mg for a little while, but I am really suprised at how much help it is.
    Usually I would have been stressed and really irritable now.
    But instead my wife is smiling and telling me that I'm so much more relaxed ;-)

Got my Ovale eGo-C set today, and I think I have all I need for this start up period. Both set works nicely for me.

2. yourauntbob
    Happy

yourauntbob hair club for men member

its good to hear your off the cigs. i have said it before, and will say it again. there is no bad way to vape, as long as it works for you

3. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

Congratulations!

I stopped only a couples weeks ago, since the first inhale of vape, haven't touch a cigarette. I don't even miss it.

I tried to stop last year, without smoking anything else, taking patches or chewing nicotine gum. It is really difficult as every moment there is a temptation to light one.

Now with vaping, I even feel sorry for smokers when I am having by a drink in a bar!!

4. petewan

petewan Well-Known Member

I have neither had or wanted a cig since my first vape. I only vape the inexpensive juice and only mint or menthol flavours. I dont like the tobac
    ones or the fruit ones. I do however vape much more than i smoked and i stick with the 12 strenth . I can not remember the last time i had a cig and find the smell unpleasant. I unlike some have no intension of stopping vaping as i find it relaxing and enjoyable without the worries of the alternatives. you only live once do what you enjoy. peteinpatts..

5. smithereens

smithereens Member

Congrats and vape on, man!

I was also a pack a day smoker (marlboro greens) but vaping made quitting just about effortless. During the first week of vaping I had a few days where I smoked a cig at night before bed and it was surprising how bad it tasted after vaping. It's weird because I had quit smoking a bunch of times, sometimes for a week, a month, a year (!), but when I went back to them it was like heaven. However after vaping, something happens that makes cigarettes just taste simply like chemical-gasoline-shit. Maybe it's because it can be compared at that time.

If at some point in the future your setup is no longer doing it for you, look at upgrading your equipment - it makes a huge difference. Anyway, best of luck to ya and keep it up.

6. jon
    Mellow

jon Thread Starter Well-Known Member

:grin:

I have no problems at all now, and I have tried a few times to quit before. But started again after a few days.
    Have ordered a little more juice to taste out a little. I will probably end up with more equipment yes, but right now I just enjoy what I got :grin:

7. mrlazy319

mrlazy319 New Member

Hey fellas,

I've been vaping for about 2 yrs now(smoking cigs 25+ years), and although most of the time I find the taste & smell of cigarettes disgusting, sometimes i do enjoy smoking cigs. Especially when i drink alcohol, which i rarely do. During times of extreme stress, like when i first arrived here in Nepal after 40+ hours of transit. Also, rare moments when im having a good conversation with people that smoke.

Im just glad i always have my vape devices to go back to after my lil cig relapses :vaping:

8. OVALE
    Amused

OVALE OVALE Asia Dealer

very glad to know you like the OVALE eGo-C, Mr Jon! Way to go vaping and stay healthier.. I am just like what you feel when I first started... I believe everyone's here feeling great using the eCig inventions..!

Should you have any question of the product, just let me know.

Thank you..!

Cheers!

[​IMG]

OVALE Asia ( Thailand )
    Premier Electronic Cigarette by OVALE Industries

0917707720 (English)
    0940906106 (Thai)
    ovaleasia@live.com

OFFICIAL บุหรี่ไฟฟ้า OVALE ™ ASIA ( Thailand ) Electronic Cigarette
    facebook.com/OVALE

9. chris snell
    Fine

chris snell crispenator

Hi all well this is my second post here and reading the first thread i thought i might chime in ,i was smoking for around 40 years and i still have around 5 - 10 per day rollies and very thin .I have gone from 3 packets of tobacco a week to 1 so as far as i can say vaping has helped me immensly.
    Over the years i have tried to stop and i have used many and varied types of patches ,gum ,acuunture hypnotherapy ,cold turkey ,spray mists ,ect and nothing has worked .Then a friend showed me his e cig ,i thought why not ? i have tried everything else known to man and it hasnt worked ,now it has not stopped me completely YET ,but it has achieved more in 8 weeks than i have achieved with any other method .
    As someone else said by this time i would be climbing the ceilings or back on the smokes up to and probably more than 30 per day but i am not and i know with time this will get better ,it may not be the conventional way to give the smokes away but everyone is different and even though i am still amoking a very small ammount this is the way i am going to get of the dreaded tobacco cigarettes.

OVALE likes this.
  10. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

I hope you will get some good gear soon so that you can stop!

The best advice at the moment is to get an Eleaf I-stick and an Aspire Nautilus and some 12 mg juices and you will stop right away!

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10011027/1943501-authentic-eleaf-istick-2200mah-variable-voltage
    $23.16 Authentic Aspire Nautilus BVC Clearomizer (5.0ml) - 1.6ohm / stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
    $10.40 Authentic Aspire Nautilus Mini BVC Clearomizer Replacement Coil Head (5-Pack) 5-pack - 1.8ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
    50ml Sample Pack - Good Life Vapor

Good luck!

Siam Diesel, chris snell and Rowdy like this.
  11. Rowdy
    Devilish

Rowdy Old broken down Vaper

^^^^^ What Konvict said.

I smoked 40 a day for over 50 years, tried everything to quit just the same as chris snell said. Vaping is the ONLY thing that has stopped me from smoking the stinkies.:vomit:

I also use the iStick with a Nautilus mini on it and its great. I only use the e liquid freelife from tienga but I am now about to venture out to try some other e liquid, I might start with a small order from Mack.:very good:

I have to watch the pennies because Im just "A poor broken down ole pensioner" LoL:cry:

12. Louis
    Spaced

Louis Active Member

That kit looks really smart and s shiny :)

13. chris snell
    Fine

chris snell crispenator

They look like realy good gear ,i am using 18mg juice at the moment so i hope that ill be free of the stinkies fairly soon ,i have a few orders with fastech and am still waiting on them so trying to work out a lead time for ordering gear from them , dont worry rowdy i have to watch my pennies to its taken me 3 years to get to thailand to see my friend so my orders are only small as well

14. Louis
    Spaced

Louis Active Member

The best thing I have ever bought so far being a novice Vaper is an an Istick they are far more portable than my C-twist VV batteries and perform amazingly with either a Kayfun or a Kanger aero-tank v2 Cartomiser. Although the Kayfun is far better but its a rebuildable

15. chris snell
    Fine

chris snell crispenator

Hi all at the moment i am using an smok battery and a kangertec td3 clearo ,i was using my pipe (kanry 1000) all the time but this has made it more easier to go out ,peopel tend to give you starnge looks when you have a purple pipe hanging out your mouth .
    If i am at work or out a full clearo is plenty for me and the batteries seem to last a good time but always carry a spare anyway .I havent quite got into the bigger mods or things like the i leaf i think it is so ill just plod along as i am and see where this journey takes me .