1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Vaping in Pattaya..

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vaping Newbies' started by Cloud-9, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Hui Chyr

Hui Chyr Member

Everyone seem to pass their luggages through the scanner. I thought it was compulsory. Had I known it was optional ..man I would had go through the green lane.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

2. Cloud-9
    Artistic

Cloud-9 Thread Starter Member

Airport security taking e-juice from checked bags!??.. How absurd, and yet I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if Thailand's Tobacco Monopoly had made a "generous donation" to help pay for BKK's new x-ray toy.. It's so pathetic that you almost can't help but laugh.. 555

So I guess this mark's the beginning of BKK's latest chapter in the war on terror.. Confiscating "e-juice", a product that is no more dangerous than the food sold at 7-11's worldwide.. Actually, e-juice is probably far less dangerous than 7-11 food, and I use the term "food" loosely.. 555

Jazz2017, Konvict and Siam Diesel like this.
  3. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

It wasn't the last time I came through Swampy at the end of June. It's also a good idea to plastic wrap your luggage before check-in to discourage the light-fingered baggage handlers. ;)
    It's possible but awhile back, there was an article in either the BKK Post or Nation about TH Customs not meeting their revenue targets and adding more x-ray scanners to find unreported high value luxury goods and/or people bringing in alchohol & cigs over the duty-free allowance. That's their primary focus...generate $$$ but we're getting caught in the fall-out...sadly. :(

Konvict likes this.
  4. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

Sure they got this scan before, they just use it a bit more now. (compulsory can be obey to order)
    what ever, as a write in a post last month, they X-ray my checked luggage arriving in BKK, I god vine more than allowed, disassembled mod and rta, some juice in a standard bottle. It was OK.
    IMO , looking at the number of planes each day, they can't check and look at everything and every one (they still don't have X ray eyes as Super Man), they should have just the time to look at very suspicious luggage.

Konvict and Siam Diesel like this.
  5. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

...and (suspicious) people with large amounts of luggage. ;)

Konvict and jpr like this.
  6. Hui Chyr

Hui Chyr Member

I spoke to a fella just now ...saw him vaping openly on the beach. He walked thru the 'green lane'... Sigh..now I know

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

7. Cloud-9
    Artistic

Cloud-9 Thread Starter Member

Are you talking about the "final scan" by the baggage claim area, the x-ray that you pass on your way out to the main lobby where family, friends and taxi drivers are waiting for arriving passengers??.. I can only remember one time when somebody was actually running that x-ray and that was the only time I was ever "instructed" to put my bags through..

I do know one true-n-tried method for getting the smaller controversial/trivial items, such as e-juice, through the x-rays via the checked bag without them being detected.. Unfortunately, this is a public thread and I really don't want to risk any "RTP Spies" finding out my secrets.. I'll have to think of a way to quietly pass it along because it will definitely work for getting juice bottles through..

Jazz2017 and moonoy93 like this.
  8. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

I believe we are...I've not had the pleasure of loading my bags on there either. :D

Konvict and jpr like this.
  9. aging one
    Busy

aging one Well-Known Member

So you told them you had something to declare? It sure seems that way...

10. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, my wife decided to change the suitcases on the trolleys around just as we left the conveyor belt, and all my gear was then on her trolley, I walked past the scan machine and she was a few seconds behind me and the Thai bloke stopped her and made her put all the cases through it, i was shitting it, but they just went through and nothing was mentioned.....

Siam Diesel and jpr like this.
  11. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

Hello, @Cloud-9 and welcome to TV. Your post is refreshing. Most newbie posts are now "Passing through Thailand. Where can I find my favourite drip tip carved from unicorn horn?" This is the place to find everything you need to know. It got me off stinkies after 40 years.
    OK SD, bedtime now. I had to try my order of cider that arrived today!

Cloud-9 and Siam Diesel like this.
  12. shareby

shareby New Member

Hello, new member here

Cloud-9 likes this.