1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Vaping in Myanmar

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by PattsVaper, Oct 12, 2014.

1. PattsVaper
    Lurking

PattsVaper Thread Starter Thailand Vapers Member

And what will we call it Rick?
    Vape Fu or Vape Trek?

Rick O-Shea and jon like this.
  2. judas
    Amused

judas Lethargic Member

What a great adventure :) Very happy indeed for you sir.

3. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

Thank you for sharing this great moments in your life with us. It really must be an amazing trip for you. And I also enjoy the pictures of the vaping shop, if only we had these in Thailand. This is a hell of a good thread. Thanks !!!

4. PattsVaper
    Lurking

I just arrived back in Pattaya last night as I decided to cut my trip short for 3 reasons. Firstly I think I was coming down with something; the last few days I've had a fever and total body-aches, constant rain non-stop for 3 days and mostly running short of cash. For some reason my ATM card would not work in Yangon but luckily I had some Baht with me (difficult to change though because they only want US Dollars) to finalise my hotel bill. But all in all, I really enjoyed my stay and of course the discovery of the Church was the icing on the cake!

Here's a couple of pics of the baptismal font which has been standing there for 110 years and where both my Mother and I were baptized with it's Holy Water.
    COTR_Myanmar 2014g.jpg COTR_Myanmar 2014f.jpg

Before I left Yangon I did visit the world reknowned Shwedagon Pagoda but unfortunately they are doing restoration work and most of the gold is off the pagoda . . . . it's still impressive though.
    Shwedagon Pagoda.jpg

Wandering around the temple grounds I spotted this pretty little girl and took a sneak photo of her but the Buddhist monk with her group noticed me and told her.
    Busted! But instead of being annoyed, she rushed up to me and told me to take her picture and then she asked her girlfriend to take a photo of us together. She was so very nice and friendly like all the Burmese people I met or smiled at everywhere I went in Yangon, smiles were always returned freely.
    Shwedagon_girl3.jpg Shwedagon_girl2.jpg Shwedagon_girl.jpg

I had a meal in a restaurant the last night I was there and a guy sat at my table and noticed my SVD. I offered him a try and he accepted immediately. I let him do about 10 chain vapes and he loved it so much I think he didn't want to give it back to me.
    Yangon_Nov2014.jpg

Leaving Yangon as I was checking through airport security I put my little backpack
    through the scanner, took out my mobile phone and SVD from my pocket to place it in the plastic bucket. The guard told me to hold onto my mod and just walk through the scanner and the next guard passed the wand over me with my hands outstretched and mod in hand. He noticed my SVD and making a fist which he lifted to his mouth, made a sucking motion and gave me a big smile and a thumbs up. It really makes you feel good to be in a vape-friendly country where the activity you choose to do is so readily accepted without feeling like a criminal. The guys at Vape City told me the main reason it's legal in Myanmar is because the Government taxes all e-cig hardware and e-juice which of course makes the prices higher.

Arriving in Bangkok I breezed through Customs going through the nothing to declare aisle, passed my bags through the scanner and was out the door free and clear. I vaped on the sidewalk without a problem. Taxi back to Pattaya was a pricey 2400 Baht so I hopped on the A-1 bus to Mo Chit for 30 Baht and caught a mini-van from there for 200 Baht.
    Home safe and sound and trip over. :very good: :grin:

Anbessa, fillmcavity, Tibo and 5 others like this.
  5. Spliff

Spliff Active Member

So, can they ship into Thailand?

6. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

They usually use ems which could be hit and miss getting through now, maybe if you asked for regular airmail that would be better

Sent from my VS rDNA 30

7. PattsVaper
    Lurking

I have no idea but prices are high due to their Government taxes. But buying from a country where vaping is legal doesn't make it ok, you'd still be breaking the Law banning imports. Better to order from online countries where prices are cheaper like the U.S., China and the UK for products you want that are not available in Thailand. It's still a risk but I do believe that most orders from overseas will make it to your door with no problems. Member's feedback on success or failure will tell.

8. Submaniac
    Fiendish

Submaniac Ayatolah of Rock 'N Rolla

Good to hear your back home safe and sound Patts. :) I thoroughly enjoyed reading your post updates.

PattsVaper and pierrev like this.
  9. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

Yeah, welcome back Patts! Hope you are feeling better and came away with nice memories from your trip. :)

Oh and have you gotten your Orchid up and running?

PattsVaper likes this.
  10. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

Good to know you are home safe Patts :)

Thanks again for taking the time to describe your trip and upload these great pictures :)

Sent from the future

PattsVaper likes this.
  11. PattsVaper
    Lurking

Thank you everyone for your likes and nice comments.
    I really enjoyed my trip to Myanmar and sharing it with my mates.
    It's good to be home (?) though in Pattaya.

Scratchy, I'm soaking the Orchid in hot water at this very moment and I'll get it up and running later this afternoon. :vaping: :vaping: :vaping:

12. Rowdy
    Devilish

Rowdy Old broken down Vaper

Good to see you back Patts and thank you for sharing the trip.

PattsVaper likes this.
  13. PattsVaper
    Lurking

Scratchy, Siam Diesel, judas and 2 others like this.
  14. jon
    Mellow

jon Well-Known Member

Looks like a great shop. Would have been nice to walk around there a little.

PattsVaper likes this.
  15. BuzzSamui
    Cloud_9

BuzzSamui Well-Known Member

mmmm ... nice photo's !
    lol

would like to go there some time in the near future

PattsVaper likes this.