1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Vaping in Myanmar

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by PattsVaper, Oct 12, 2014.

1. PattsVaper
    Lurking

PattsVaper Thread Starter Thailand Vapers Member

There's beauty all around me here Tibo but the souvenirs will only be snapshots.
    As for sharing, it works both ways because I get joy from it too.

Siam Diesel and Tibo like this.
  2. PattsVaper
    Lurking

My trip to my hometown of Thanlyn was a bit of a disappointment because I couldn't find the road & the house I was born in. I hired a taxi to go there & back for $25... dirt cheap.
    I think I did find the Church where my Mom & Dad were married & also where I was baptized. They told me it was the only Christian Church in Thanlyn.
    [​IMG]
    I treated my driver a nice Burmese lunch in an air conditioned restaurant for the princely sum of 6,800 Kyats... $6.80
    [​IMG]
    On the drive back my driver, Aye wanted to try a vape from my mod & he loved it! So much better than cigarettes he said & the taste & smell made him smile.
    [​IMG]
    It started pissing down with rain & I asked him if he could stop by Vape City on the way back so we did.
    I met the same guys Scratchy saw when he went there. They are very friendly & they all enjoyed the 4 flavors of GLV juice I had with me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    They asked me to come back before I leave to meet the owner, the movie actress.
    Oh & Scratchy, without even asking they gave me a beautiful black umbrella like the one you got. So kind of them, yeah?

Tibo, Rick O-Shea, Rowdy and 5 others like this.
  3. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing your experiences and the pics, Patts! Sorry to hear you couldn't find the house you were born in but you gave it the best try you could and I can see you are really enjoying yourself. :)

Very cool you got one of those really nice and big umbrellas as well...may come in handy! Keep on with the adventure!

PattsVaper, Konvict and Siam Diesel like this.
  4. Rowdy
    Devilish

Rowdy Old broken down Vaper

Patts, Thanks for the pics and travel report. It looks as if you enjoyed yourself :very good:. I really enjoyed my 30 plus years of traveling through SE Asia but I have never been past the border in Burma. I'm getting too bloody old :very sad: to travel now so I have to hang on to my memories.:sleepy:

Thanks again and Cheers
    Rowdy :vaping::vaping::vaping::vaping::vaping::vaping:

judas and PattsVaper like this.
  5. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

PattsVaper, I was just thinking of you mate!

How is it going? I miss your update here!

Siam Diesel likes this.
  6. PattsVaper
    Lurking

k Konvict, checking in mate. Btw I'll say it again, Tapatalk sucks because sometimes it takes forever to load.

Anyway, things are going great & I'm enjoying it here. Like Scratchy wrote before, plenty of locals stare at you with interest when you vape. When I offer them a try I'm amazed at how many decline the offer, maybe they're just shy. These 2 guys gave it a go and surprisingly they liked the Yoplay Parlay juice over Deadly Sin. 
    [​IMG]
    I checked out a couple of pagodas today. On the way to the Sule Pagoda I met a beautiful little girl, only 16 years old scratching out a living selling postcards. She blew me away because she was so friendly, bubbly, talkative & intelligent. Her English was perfect which she learned just talking with tourists for 8 months. I pray to God that someone will recognize her skills & she'll get a much better job that she is worthy of.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Next I checked out the Botataung Pagoda which houses a relic of the Lord Buddha's hair.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sorry that the title of this thread is a bit misleading, it's more like a travelog.

7. Scratchy
    Lurking

Looks like you're on the same track I was! I really like the smiling faces you are showing us!

Found the same thing with many many declining a vape but I usually chalked that up to the high probability they aren't smokers to begin. Bet some were also just shy as you suspected.

Keep on enjoying, Patts!

PattsVaper likes this.
  8. PattsVaper
    Lurking

My adventure & travelog took a new twist today. I was a bit dubious about that church I posted because it was Catholic & my family is Church of England so today I went back to Thanlyn with a different taxi driver to do some more detective work.

I'm happy I did because I found the right one this time, "The Church of the Resurrection." It's 110 years old, weather-beaten on the outside but still beautiful inside. And even more amazing, the caretaker found the old Record of Baptisms book with the entry of my baptism on December 8 of the year of my birth. My parents used to tell me that initially they were going to name me Denzil but changed their mind at the last minute. The baptism entry shows the Priest scratched that name out & wrote Leslie above it. Wow! You can't get any more last minute than that, can you?
    It was such a surreal moment for me today.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

OVALE, Dieter., judas and 7 others like this.
  9. jon
    Mellow

jon Well-Known Member

You really found that ! I can imagine a special feeling looking at something that's up the then has been a story.
    :grin::grin:

OVALE, Siam Diesel and PattsVaper like this.
  10. fillmcavity
    Angelic

fillmcavity Serial Vapist

Amazing find! I like this kind of story. Good job PattsVaper.

PattsVaper likes this.
  11. Scratchy
    Lurking

Congrats in finding!!!

PattsVaper likes this.
  12. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

Man it's like Indiana Jones movie !

So happy for you that you found all this, and thanks for all these awesome pics, we feel we are travelling with you a bit :)

Sent from the future

PattsVaper likes this.
  13. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Our bodies age but our minds don't have to follow along! You're young at heart as the pictures can attest.
    Missing you mate. Glad to hear you're having a grand time!
    :here's your beer:

PattsVaper and Konvict like this.
  14. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

This kind of thing has the potential for a decent television series.

"A new documentary series uncovers the exploits of a lone traveler in 3rd world SE Asia, where he meets local people and changes many lives forever by introducing them to vaping. Starring David Carradine".

Dieter., Scratchy and Siam Diesel like this.
  15. PattsVaper
    Lurking

You're right of course SD. In my mind I'm that 18 year old bodybuilder working out in the gym but my body tells me it just ain't so!
    Felt very tired today after yesterday. I climbed the bell tower of the church & the steps of the ladder were 3 feet apart! So you see a young mind can get you in trouble physically, I feel pooped today.

Siam Diesel likes this.