1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Vaping in movies

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vapers Lounge' started by David in Bangkok, Feb 27, 2015.

1. David in Bangkok

David in Bangkok Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Have you guys seen vaping in movies?

The first time I have seen it (at least in something big in a long time) was in the new movie "Sex Tape" with Cameron Diaz. Jack Black hit an ecig REALLY quickly, almost showing what "stealth vaping" is. Thought it was interesting, but I had to rewind to really see it well it was so quick :(

2. Talen
    Doh

Talen Well-Known Member

The Tourist with Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie...Depp was hitting an e-cig for half of the film. It was one that looked like a cig with the tip that lights up. I don't think you will ever see anyone vaping on devices like we use.

David in Bangkok likes this.
  3. AI-NAAM
    No Mood

AI-NAAM Provarinati Member

That is until the big tobacco companies start making them and drives out the current small companies through government regulation or simply buying them out. Then you'll see plenty of product placement with the subliminal message that vaping is cool.

4. Talen
    Doh

Talen Well-Known Member

Big tobacco will never make devices like we use...the device in the Tourist was actually made by Vuse I believe, which is big tobacco.

Big tobacco is all about quick and easy with having to buy refills so they will always make cigalikes...it's also easier for them to disparage what we are using by drawing attention to the fact that they are huge open devices with large batteries that can explode and kill you. Unfortunately the majority of the cloud crowd are helping big tobacco in a major way by pushing the limits.

5. David in Bangkok

Yeah at this point, at least from what I saw in Sex Tape, it was probably there for some reason other than advertising (I could barely make out that it was an ecig). That means it was almost for sure not paid for which means someone wants to show ecigs just to show them, which even for a second makes me a little happy at least.

Happy it was in the Tourist too, but not as happy that it had to do with big tobbacco b/c F them, they're the ones making our lives difficult, and they addicted us in the first place those evil evil bastards. I hope ecig companies don't let them buy them out, although that may happen anyways. Would be nice to boycott those jerks.

6. fillmcavity
    Angelic

fillmcavity Serial Vapist

I was following "Bering Sea Gold" on Discovery channel. These guys do a dangerous job dredging for gold on the bottom of the sea and during the winter, under the ice. They more or less chain smoke when they are not in the water. But recently I noticed that more and more of them are vaping.

7. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

Interesting, never heard of it...

One of the dudes from the 'Northwestern' on Deadliest Catch left the show after last season and now runs a vape shop*

*Actually that isn't true, I don't think he has left but he does run a vape shop.

8. Talen
    Doh

Talen Well-Known Member

The one guy on the show owns a vaping company...he's good friends with PBusardo and Dimitris

9. David in Bangkok

I watched Bering Sea Gold in the first season, it's a cool show, but I haven't kept up with it, I preferred the Alaska Gold Rush one.

aging one likes this.