1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Vaping Import/Export Ban Clarified

Discussion in 'E-News' started by debatedude, Feb 19, 2016.

1. colind88
    Devilish

colind88 Well-Known Member

Bloody great vendor cart in the middle of Sukhumvit road selling E Vic Minis, multiple mech and non mech mods , tanks and loads of juice. That was 10 mins ago so they are not taking it too seriously :)

I've posted this before but it is quite relevant now:

$3.29 510 Male to USB Female Charging Adapter for Cellphones - silver / w/ carabiner at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Colorful 5V Rechargeable USB Mobile Power Bank 2pcs 18650 Li ion Battery Charger DIY Box Case Kit Free Shipping-in Power Bank from Phones & Telecommunications on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
    Neilly, mOshiman and Siam Diesel like this.
  2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

I'm traveling next week so will get some first-hand experience of how things are at Swampy.

3. Serdar Argic

Serdar Argic Member

I'm wondering if this is the usual Thaiglish, and that what it actually refers to is importers/exporters, not tourists and others who travel via air and bring a small amount of fear for personal use?

Can someone who reads Thai have a look at the Thai-language posting and see if there's some nuance which has been lost?

Siam Diesel likes this.
  4. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Konvict and Loki like this.
  5. Serdar Argic

Serdar Argic Member

What are your travel dates?

If we don't hear from you again, I guess we can assume you were thrown in the slammer, heh.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  6. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

I normaly have many battery banks with me, ok so they have 510 connectors, but thats for my led attachments.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  7. colind88
    Devilish

colind88 Well-Known Member

See my post above Mack - I always travel with powerbanks that look like mods as well and now I have the 510 USB screw in adapters for my mods - Yes Officer they could be used as an ecig but I use them as a phone charger. And if they can find a broken down derringer in my luggage - fair cop ;-)

Siam Diesel likes this.
  8. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

FastTech to the rescue... ;)

Konvict likes this.
  9. Loki
    No Mood

Loki Trickster. Vaper. Bringer of Ragnarök

Allo Boys.

Apologies. I am still not receiving alerts for name tags. I just stumbled on this thread from "New Threads" and searching for something else.

I'll share what I know, and what the Thai chatter is like currently like as of now.

I have been coming across this picture :

wtf.jpg
    With this title : Commerce Ministry announces 8 goods barred from transfer in and out of Thailand
    In Thai.

Most Thai people are in up roar. A lot of them are sharing stories of E-Cigs saving there life all over face book, pantip.com, and other weboards.

Most Thai Vapers are posting and questioning the Government Explanation (old news) of E-Ciggs vs Analogs :
    Vaping one Ecig is the equivalent of vaping 15 analog cigarettes

Some posts that I read in Thai are saying it is still okay to have Ecigs and liquid if you fly domestically, not Abroad.

The laws are officially in place.
    I am still searching for Fines and penalties ( in Thai not English) to see if there has actually been a case or something that states the fines and penalties very clear

This however this is semi concrete:
    A friend of mine Just flew back from BKK and arrived here tonight.
    He did have a *something you hold in your hand, that has a positive and negative*, * a bottle of....* and *30 meters of ...* in his carry on . Nothing was said to him while flying domestically or.. He was just lucky.

I plan on calling a bunch of air lines tomorrow for domestic inbound flights and ask about E ciggs.
    I know TIT . .so If I ask 20 different people I will have to see if at least 10 people say the same thing for it to be semi accurate lol.

Soon as I know more I will disclose it.
    **Updated**
    Gaming devices I think they are referring to electronic gambling devices..... I hope.. seriously.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
    etlava, Neilly, Richard and 5 others like this.
  10. Serdar Argic

Serdar Argic Member

The English version of the posting talks about crossing Thailand's borders, so it doesn't appear at first blush to apply to domestic flights.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  11. AI-NAAM
    No Mood

AI-NAAM Provarinati Member

Penalties will probably be the same as all other customs offenses. -

"avoids the prohibition or restriction of such goods, shall for each offence be liable to a fine of not exceeding five thousand Baht or of three times the price of the goods including duty, or to imprisonment for a term of not exceeding ten years, or to both." Customs English

Loki and Siam Diesel like this.
  12. Foggy

Foggy Active Member

So if I read the tekst literally, my daughter can't bring her Nintendo ds with her, my wife has to leave her Buddha off her necklace (Buddhist paraphernalia) and I can't take my cup of coffee through the customs area (as if I could carry it all the way with my tremor :) )
    And how about all the monks that live and serve abroad and come home to Th for family visit and temple meetings? As if they don't carry Buddhist paraphernalia.

Honestly I was hoping that it was only meant to restrict trade, but it looks totally unclear what this new regulation is really meant to be.

Konvict and Siam Diesel like this.
  13. v 4 vendetta
    No Mood

v 4 vendetta Well-Known Member

:not good:Horrible news .... no need for panic but we have to see how this plays out

debatedude, Konvict and Siam Diesel like this.
  14. Foggy

Foggy Active Member

Adding to the hope for "it's only meant to restrict trade" is where the announcement is comming from: "Commerce Ministry announces....".

debatedude and Konvict like this.
  15. peter-k
    Fine

peter-k Well-Known Member

Singapore II