1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Vaping Experience / TC

Discussion in 'Temperature Control board Talk' started by oil, Mar 4, 2018.

1. oil
    Bitching

oil Thread Starter Custom What?

... when i usually do TC vaping my RBA have a great vape for 1-2 Tank refills and then the vaping experience rapidly declines ... like Dry Coil / Bad Vapor Production ..

when i open the Atty the Coil is often gunged ... so i remove the cotton, make a DryBurn, out it in the ultrasonic Cleaner, rewick... and then its awesome again for another 1-2 Refills

But still somehow this pisses me off... shouldnt the TC vaping not create any Gung on the coils ... sort of ... or is it the juice i am using ... cause my Cotton isnt Burned , just the coils get sticky...

i was wondering with the Ohm Locking... in some review vid (which i cant find anymore) they said the lock the ohms on TC ... i never did that... cause i thought the device does figure the input wattage based on the change of ohms ... so thats how TC vaping works after all...

Now i am confused and uncertain if i ever did TC vaping right ..

any ideas?

2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

From what I recall (I don't use TC), you have to lock the ohms on the coil when it's at room temperature...don't recall why but I do recall that it's an important step.

As for the coil gunk, that's a function of the (usually) quantity of sweetner in the juice...TC won't affect the amount of build-up...you're still passing current (heat) through the coil.

There are a few guys that use TC on here...I'm sure they'll be along to chime in here. :)

Fastoche, jorakae, jpr and 1 other person like this.
  3. jorakae

jorakae Well-Known Member

Just to confirm what SD said, this is definitely a result of sweetener in the juice and it doesn't matter if you are vaping in TC or power mode. Even vaping juices with no sweetener will still build up residue on the coils although it will take considerably longer. The greater the volume of sweetener in the juice, the faster you'll be cleaning your coils. It doesn't even have to be a huge amount. When I use sweetener at 0.5-1% I'm still cleaning my coils every 2-3 days and I probably vape 15-30ml/day. With no sweetener I'm probably cleaning my coils every 10-14 days depending on what I'm vaping.

Fastoche, oil and Siam Diesel like this.
  4. Fastoche

Fastoche Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I don't use TC neither but I tried.
    What I recall (and it might depends on the mod) is that TC works well for a coil with a specific resistance. But a coil will never always have the same resistance and it creates miscalculation and problem like dry hit and so on.
    What I can see is that the more I use a coil the more its resistance is changing with the accumulation of residue.
    In my opinion it means that the calculation of the electronic mod might become wrong as the residue accumulate on the coil and changes its resistance.
    It might also depends on the mod. Some might check the resistance of the coil by themselves frequently and change the power sent to the coil to keep close to the temperature you chosed.
    Some people who use TC might know more about it and be more helpful.
    I really prefer to vape in wattage mod as each time I tried T/C I had issue like you had and found it more complicated than really useful. As I like things to be smooth and easy I just didn't try TC any further and came back to wattage.
    Vape on.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    Arbil and Siam Diesel like this.