1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Vaping condensation in PC and air cond

Discussion in 'Vaping Technical Issues' started by Fastoche, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

:rolling laugh: :rolling laugh:
    So true...which reminds me of a song...

SooKee and Fastoche like this.
  2. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

I remember when I was back in Thailand and the aircon in my office used to leak like mad.
    The aircon guy told my manager it was due to me vaping all the time in my office, I told them it wasn't and he was wrong...lol...

SooKee likes this.
  3. Fastoche

Fastoche Thread Starter Well-Known Member

An air-cond can leak for a few reasons (dirt, not enough gaz, clogged condensation pipe, other)
    From my experience fogging a room surely doesn't help.
    E-juice accululates on the inner parts. As it is sticky it catches more dust-->gets dirty faster-->leaks.
    Vaping->vapor->more condensation on the cold part (condenser)-->more water-->leaks. Worse when air is very humid during raining season.
    From my experience, cleaning it more often is one of the solution.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  4. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

My aircon leaked quite too often in Bkk as well.. I would never have thought it could come from here, merci @Fastoche for sharing your experience !!
    I'm going to open my PS4 to check the fan..

I should definitevly check the A/C filter on my car once I get back home then :pleasure:

Fastoche and Siam Diesel like this.
  5. SooKee
    Lurking

SooKee Contented Single Coiler

Can say that the air purifier I ordered works really well. Drops the the gauge from 30-40 down to 5 in just a few mins.

Noticed lately my laptop has been playing up. Wouldn't have thought I vape enough indoors (at least not in a way the vapour builds up to foggy levels). Sound from the right speaker is muffled. But it's a Mac book so it might just be the speaker has blown (after the problems I had with the last one and now this my next laptop will definitely NOT be Apple - I no longer subscribe to the Apple prices for Apple quality mindset). Might just be full of dust (if I'm lucky), be interesting to see what the shop finds when they open it.

6. Fastoche

Thanks for your feedback Sookee.
    No problem. There are many reasons for aircond to leak but vaping definitely increase the issue. Didn't gave all the information, but a few years of personal experiences with different aircond in different spaces proved it.
    @SooKee I don't think your laptop is having an issue because of vaping, but my desktop mainboard was full of ejuice because of the airflow in the room and in the case. As previously explained.
    Minor problems compare to smoking so Vape on People.

SooKee and Siam Diesel like this.
  7. SooKee
    Lurking

Yeah I think my laptop is having an issue because it's a Mac. I no longer subscribe to the 'Apple prices for Apple quality' theory. Last MacBook was a 15". HDD failed then the GPU. Luckily replaced under warranty. Current one, a 13", runs hot, right speaker issues. And those damn stupid rubber feet that they stick on that NEVER last in this climate, why on earth they don't preform the bases with indentations to create the 'feet' is beyond me, instead of using rubber and glue!. A one time Apple die-hard I am now now a confirmed anti! Ditched the Apple TV, the the iPhone, next will be the laptop at replacement time. Last remaining will be the iPad, used rarely, so won't be replaced. I'm hoping my current issues might be because of dust / debris accumulation but I suspect it's more significant. My current Windows desktop has run for years, no problem, I also no longer subscribe to the 'Windows = crap' theory either. "End of Rant Flash" LOL.

Apple :computer_1:

8. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Hmm, my 2012 MacBook Pro is chugging along just fine...I put a 2TB SSD in it a couple of years back and it's still lightning quick. It runs Windows 10 via Bootcamp faster than my 2 yr. old company laptop. YMMV ;)

I like Apple products (and always have). :)

9. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

Off topic as well but my 2009 Macbook Pro has been a loyal companion since purchase. Sure, battery is inflated so touchpad doesn't click anymore, changed the battery 2 times, it hasn't fix the issue. Sure speakers are dead, does not last more than an hour unplugged and I have lost several screws during dismantling process. But almost 10 years for 30k price tag at the time, I had several windows based desktop and laptop for work during this decade and all of them ran far worst than my Mac. As for the phone I switch from Apple to Android 6 years ago and I don't regret it a bit. Got an the iPad, it's far more fun to use than any other tablet but it's more of a gadget than a real useful thing for me.

Back to topic, I reopen my Macbook to check the fan, nothing to be worried about yet.

10. SooKee
    Lurking

Yup MMHV (my mileage has varied) :( My first was fine, lasted years, same as anything I guess, one or two issues maybe OK, once they stack up it's a case of 5 times bitten, twice shy.

10 years at 30K isn't bad, except with the faults it would be of little use to me. In my case though it's a bucket load of problems with devices built within the last 6 and 3 years at a total cost of nearly 150K, not very inspiring. Might have got lucky with the next one (except for the fact there's major unresolved issues with the keyboards - STILL) but at close to 100K for what I need it's not worth the risk. Numerous chums have switched to using Dell XPS 15s for photography (my main use) and two are using Lenovo 720S, well specced for just 50K and both with discreet graphics vs the onboard which just don't cut it in this day and age, for me anyways. He previously had a Mac 15 which had three failed 'motherboards' (again a known fault) and two failed GPUs.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
  11. Fastoche

I have a desktop pc which is 14 years old. Asus mainboard. I only upgraded the cpu (2nd hand q9550 from Ebay-china). Works like a charm. It even still has a 10 years up IDE hard disk. It seems the hdd were much better at that time as I got a few newer which didn't last long.
    My second hand high end Lenovo laptop with free ws7 pro is also awesome.
    Never been an Apple guy. Not worse the price and not an open system enough for me (download and register an account on Itunes, lose an hour to look at the FAQ and so on just to put music on a phone ?! No thanks).
    Vape on and enjoy your gears People.

SooKee likes this.
  12. zougou

zougou Well-Known Member

Sorry, but all this begs the question of what is getting into our lungs...

13. Darth Vaper
    Sick

Darth Vaper Keep Calm and Impose Your Will on Others

When the lung filters in the armour breast plate of this swanky costume are cleaned they are always clogged with juice. Never really gave it much thought since death is really not a big deterrent having experienced it already.

Wouldnt it be a laugh if after all vaping *was* as bad or worse then inhaling combustibles? Oops. The FDA would be owed a big apology for the horrible things said about them and to them by at least one vaper, that’s for sure.

Also:

Having been an apple user for a long while before they got popular, they were ditched after 2 exorbitantly expensive laptops were recalled by them for major defects. Both times they claimed not to be responsible for the ones purchased because the serial numbers were just outside of the range of what they would take back. In other words, the products were defective but you dont get help unless you are within the 1 year warranty period which they are responsible for anyway. 1 year and 1 month, you are just told to go eat the many thousands of dollars plunked down on their good name. This happened twice. After that, no more apple... until microsoft up and turned their operating system into the most unreliable piece of crud in the history of computing. amongst all its other failings, having to spin a roulette wheel at the start of every work day or during a presentation, etc is just not acceptible when you have an empire to run. (Think forced updates, no realistic way to keep them out of your machine and the impossibility of them making changes that are 100% compatible for every single user in the universe.) losing time to fix a perfectly good machine because of the behavior you had specifically tried to prevent is bad. Having an older but perfectly fine machine bricked because of it is worse. Its not like it is free software either. so how they can justify treating you like a google user is pure nonsense. Being too impatient to suffer through adapting to linux brings us back to apple. If you are still reading at this point, here is a nugget of advice: instead of paying for branding which is all you are doing with the premium price tag on their other products, go for a second hand mac mini. It is the only way to get close to real value for cost while still getting decent performance and reliability.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    Siam Diesel likes this.