1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Vape Lube

Discussion in 'Vaping Maintenance' started by hotdogs1, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Scuba Vaper

Scuba Vaper Open Water Scuva Instructor

I noticed my new Steamcrave Aromamizer Supreme has silicone lubricant on the external o rings. Well that's at least what it appeared to be, on the first clean and dismantle.

Not sure if I'd recommend it as a lubricant on all o rings, dunno if it's vape safe !

2. hotdogs1

hotdogs1 Thread Starter Well-Known Member

You can get food grade greases, not sure if vaporising and inhaling them is safe.
    I got a supreme as well. There are some o-rings that won't be touched until a full strip down and clean. That's one reason I would prefer to use Pg and or Vg with no sugar or other flavourings on the o-rings.

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  3. Scuba Vaper

Scuba Vaper Open Water Scuva Instructor

There was some suggestion of traces of machine oil on new tanks, so I started cleaning them now before use, which involves a strip down.

Silicone grease is used in potable water and potable gas applications, but like you not sure whether it's safe to be heated/vapourised then ingested via lungs ...

Ps, how is your supreme working out for you?

4. hotdogs1

hotdogs1 Thread Starter Well-Known Member

I'm the same with new stuff. Got a few drippers were you could easily see the machine oil. I've convinced myself, I'm going to have to get some Pg/Vg for lube.
    Supreme is good. Similar to the last version but a bit more fancy. The other one is only 3ml. 7ml is better for me, I pretty much stick to the one juice. I keep trying others and some are ok but they don't really compare.

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  5. peter-k
    Fine

peter-k Well-Known Member

Lubricate always with the same substance it is exposed to. If you don't want to use e-liquid then just use pure PG.

Scuba Vaper likes this.