1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Undenatured Ethyl Alcohol or Everclear

Discussion in 'Thailand DIY Juice Making' started by The Rev, Aug 24, 2015.

1. The Rev
    Sleepy

The Rev Thread Starter Forgiven Member

It appears from his website that they don't yet ship to Thailand. Australia is however on his list so I'd imagine he would make the exception if you message him. I have really enjoyed both his pure tobacco and tobacco with flavor lines... especially the tobacco with vanilla.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  2. Scuba Vaper

Scuba Vaper Open Water Scuva Instructor

@The Rev - did you ever manage to find any PGA, or high purity, no methanol added ethyl alchohol that's safe for human consumption in Thailand ?

I found a few threads on Thai Visa asking for PGA, and one suggestion was Lao Khao or some local Thai spirit.

Another suggestion (not Thai visa) was to "boil" off the methanol, as methanol has lower boiling point than ethanol. Wasn't sure that'd work given a pot on electric stove, hard enough to regulate temperature when cooking ! ... or how to test for absence of methanol ...

Or yet another suggestion was to use a molecular sieve with vodka, which I found on a NET extraction article.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  3. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

I know I am VERY late to the party here but there used to be a medical supplies store about halfway way up Thepprasit road on the right heading to Sukumvit. Also maybe try the pharmacy OUTSIDE the BHP on the corner as you go in to the hospital.

Scuba Vaper and Siam Diesel like this.
  4. Scuba Vaper

The pharmacies I looked in have a blue coloured ethyl alchohol, it's for cleaning wounds and medical equipment. Unfortunately it's denatured with probably methanol and maybe other things.

I'm also on the hunt for sterile water, so far only able to purchase a 10ml glass vial for 10THB, which doesn't work out very economical.

As and when I'm back in patts, I'll hunt for those places, maybe they have better selection, than run of the mill pharmacies :)

Siam Diesel likes this.
  5. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

Man I can get 1L bottles of sterile water UP HERE! They will be in pharmacies for sure, Check the wound dressing and cleaning supply areas. That's your best bet.

Scuba Vaper and Siam Diesel like this.
  6. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Found lots of that but nothing else when I was looking...now, I use cheap vodka instead.

Konvict and Scuba Vaper like this.
  7. Scuba Vaper

Cheap vodka works for some purposes, but not all. It still contains 60% ish water ... And yes, I bought gilbey vodka on your recommendation, there is some slightly cheaper stuff around, but gilbey is ok and availability in seven ...

Siam Diesel likes this.
  8. sethrune.sr

sethrune.sr Active Member

There is a shop near khao San road that sells 95% Ethyl alcohol, it's manufactured by the govt

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Siam Diesel and Scuba Vaper like this.
  9. sethrune.sr

*pharmaceutical grade. I use it to make herbal tinctures

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  10. Scuba Vaper

Thanks very helpful :) please could you post a photo of the bottle, as I'm still looking !

Siam Diesel likes this.
  11. sethrune.sr

[​IMG]

I'd happily exchange 2 half litre bottles for one bottle of us made pure vg fluid( tobacco flavour)

Siam Diesel and Scuba Vaper like this.
  12. Scuba Vaper

I'd like to oblige but don't have us vg tabacco flavour in stock. If there's a reasonable hard currency price, do PM me, would be very helpful ... Purpose is tinctures same as you, so definitely does need to be "undenatured" :)

Siam Diesel likes this.
  13. sethrune.sr

Ethanol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is the type your looking for I think, same as the bottle, the shop also has a bunch of other useful chemicals and glassware.

14. jorakae

jorakae Well-Known Member

Looked interesting...and the fine print even more so.

"Recommended for cartomizers, Canteen™ tanks, the Canteen™ Pro, TCCs, BDCs, and other Pro-class tanks. If you’re using a Canteen™ Elite, another SubTank class tank, RDA, or RBA, you may experience leaks, flavor inconsistencies, and performance issues with this flavor. Our Vapor Liquid line has been formulated to work better in that gear."

Emphasis added by me.

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  15. Scuba Vaper

So basically you have to use the attomisers they are selling, otherwise it'll taste shit and leak ?