1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Two week anniversary

Discussion in 'The Thailand Quit Smoking Discussion' started by Banjo, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Banjo

Banjo Thread Starter Member

OK. Two weeks in and time to reflect.

Day 1. My Micky order arrives and I take a hit of Halo Southern Classic in a unitank mini with vision spinner battery. I’m just back from work and gagging for a fag, so a good time to see what it’s all about. I take a few more and hallelujah! No desire whatsoever to reach for the pouch of Golden Virginia and roll. This continues for the rest of the day, and when I wake in the morning it continues. The Golden Virginia stays in its pouch. This is a revelation, because I’d never really entertained the idea of a total break with smoking. I was cutting down in the hope of eventually switching from smoke to vape, but now I’ve clocked up 24 hours and all I’m interested in is getting more juices. Wow!
    The Halo juice is quite nice, as it should be at the price, but I’ve got two spare clearomisers to play with. My missus wants to join the club so I load her up with Halo in the Aspire CE5 and start playing with the iclear. I have bought 4 Feelife juices with the Halo and get out the Marlboro light flavour. Hmmm. Not sure about this. Tastes passable but there’s an aftertaste i don’t like. I wash it out and try the Green Apple, which if anything is worse.
    I order a 3pack from Vapor Mist.
    I’m loving the unitank mini best and order another one and some GLV juice from Micky. Not sure about the iclear16 which leaks a lot. Another unitank and battery arrive for the old lady and we stay with Halo for our ADV. Vapor Mist’s stuff arrives and is fun, light and fruity, but way too low on the nic for me and my needs. Still, there’s nothing nasty in there and a pleasant aftertaste, even if the leaky iclear makes the driptip taste like a lollipop.
    Day 6. Something funny going on with my taste buds. Everything tastes of metal. Is it the vaping? Eventually we track down the likely culprit. Pine nuts.
    WTF?
    An obscure condition has emerged in recent years from Chinese – and Korean/Russian – pine nuts. Mouth Pine it’s called, and there’s loads online about it. A few days back we made homemade pesto with a bag of expensive Chinese pine nuts, and I ate the leftovers again 2 days later. It all makes sense. Very unpleasant condition, and can last a couple of weeks or more. Even beer tastes vile. After some more Googling we discover the best cure is Oil Pulling. (loads of info on google)This is an ancient Indian ayurvedic treatment that involves swilling a table spoon of oil around in the mouth for 20 minutes. This is no fun, but guess what? It works. You can feel the toxins oozing out of your tongue as you’re doing it. Very interesting subject and well worth a try if your taste buds are shot. It’s free too.

There’s lots of steeping going on, and lots of youtube vids being watched, then the Deadly Sin and Englsih Bulldog arrive. The DS is pretty nice out of the box, the EB less so. I still prefer the Halo, while the Ol Lady is happy with the DS. She doesn’t much like the EB either. Tops come off and into a dark cupboard with the rest.

Days go by and not a solitary ciggie touches my lips. I’m amazed and very happy, and feel great. The missus continues to have the odd sneaky Marlboro light, but her habit was never as bad as mine in the first place.
    The Halo juice is getting lowish so I’m back on youtube watching reviews, even though I’ve already learned that just because something is popular, doesn’t necessarily mean it’s going to be my cup of tea. This stuff is not cheap either, and it’s been an expensive week.
    I try putting a splash of feelife Marlboro with some of Vapor Mist’s strawberry cream. Hmm.. may have found a use for the fL after all? Then again, I’m getting the things I don’t like about FL in my VM vape. The hit is stronger and more tobacco flavoured, along with the sweetness, but there’s a thin chemical film on the roof of my mouth, and a slight itch that hangs around long after the vape. Maybe not such a good idea after all. The missus seems to like it though. One thing’s for sure: Everyone’s palate is different.
    The next day I wonder how the English Bulldog will go with a squirt of VM’s sugary vanilla Cortez which basically sweetens up the harsh new juice and tastes quite good. The Bulldog is steeping and may well improve, but I now know that even if I don’t warm to the original juice I can easily spice it up.

Day 9. Decide to celebrate my 10th day anniversary with another Halo juice and order the Tribeca at 18 mg’s. I can’t get the 12 mg stuff down my throat fast enough and am eager to check out another Halo, which so far is my favourite vape. I also order a new atomiser for my Aspire as I’ve destroyed the old one taking it to bits. Doh!

Tribeca is everything and more than expected, and the 18 mg’s give me a hit I’m not used to. Problem is, I now have lots of juices that seem ‘underpowered” by comparison, and the Aspire takes over from the unitank mini as it puts out more vape.

So two weeks off the fags and going strong. Here’s a quick list of the top benefits.
    Family time. We used to smoke outside (a lot) and our 3 year old is loving having us around the extra time. You can’t put a price on that.

General health benefits for all. You know all about this. Less wheezing, taste bud rejuvenation, no passive smoke, more energy etc…

Less nicotine? The vape pipe hits the spot for those little nicotine pick me ups. I used to sit on the balcony of our condo, roll a fag and smoke the whole thing, regardless of whether I actually needed it. Now I can sit and have a quick tug on the clearo without leaving the room, and I only vape what I need.
    More time. I never realised how much time it took to smoke. Especially rollies outside the house. It must add a good hour and a half to my day.

Thanks for reading, and apologies for going on so long. This has been a big deal for me, and if you told me 2 weeks ago i was about to complete a fortnight without a single cigarette i'd have called you mad.
    :bravo:

2. asiaexpat

asiaexpat Well-Known Member

The oil pulling thing is very good--I used to pull organic coconut oil and I need to start doing that again as my taste buds are getting thrashed since I started vaping. its great for the gums and teeth also

I was told that it was best to pull oil the morning first thing before eating or drinking anything--just take a mouthful of oil-- can be olive, coconut, sesame,--but coconut will also help to whiten your teeth. Slosh it around real good for 10-15 minutes--then spit it out and brush your teeth.

3. ryanmacl

ryanmacl Well-Known Member

Wow, I've never heard of oil pulling before, but I think I'm going to have to try that. It would be nice to rejuvenate the taste buds every once and a while to get some more flavor out of my juices.

4. Banjo

Yes the morning is the best time, however i often don't eat between brunch and dinner so it had been quite a few hours. Anyway it worked a treat. I've read quite a bit on it and they all said 20 mins. i think i managed 19 before i thought i was going to heave it all up. Yuck!

I need to get some coconut oil next time. May be a little less disgusting but not much. Some people do this every day?

5. asiaexpat

Im gonna start doing it every day--) clean gum and teeth, whiten teeth, absorb toxins, and make vaping better experience. win win win

6. Banjo

Good luck with that. I found it a fairly unpleasant experience. But it worked.

7. asiaexpat

what kind of oil did u use?

8. Banjo

Sunflower oil. It's what we had at the time. I shall pick up some decent coconut at some point but it's still going to be tough because the oil goes white after ten minutes so you're swilling around toxic saliva in your mouth which is not going to be much fun whatever oil it is. I'm not trying to put you off, have a go, it definitely works and is good for you, but it's a "no pain, no gain" remedy and is not supposed to be fun.

9. oil
    Bitching

oil Custom What?