1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Trip report, Phuket

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by ninja899, Jan 28, 2022.

1. ninja899

ninja899 Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Just did a week in Phuket with work. Flew from Copenhagen to HKT.
    No one was scanned (that I saw going into HKT)

I was discreet and careful when out and about. I asked the manager of a very popular bar down Bangla Road if she'd ever seen anyone done for vaping. She hadn't and she's been there for years and years.

Obviously everything was scanned coming back through HKT but they didn't bat an eyelid. I think they're only looking for stuff that you're not supposed to take on a plane. There is no law saying you can't take a vape on board.....and the bag scanning staff aren't customs anyway.

Never put your Mods or batteries in the hold, folks!!!!!

debatedude, Sue and Siam Diesel like this.
  2. Sue
    Breezy

Sue Well-Known Member

Same experience I had. Just arrived back from a couple of weeks stay in Phuket. Never saw so many vapers before, foreigners as well as Thais, than this time. Big mods as well as pod mods. Big clouds! Nobody cared. The police was more "cared" about people not waring masks on motobikes ;) On Bangla Road, although Police was permanently controlling bars, standing there, so many people were vaping.
    When returning, HKT Airport only checked each and every suitcase looking for forbidden stuff, which has to be carried in handluggage.

debatedude and Siam Diesel like this.
  3. Sue
    Breezy

Sue Well-Known Member

Hi
    Agree and can confirm above comments word by word, never saw so many vapers (and heeters) than this year. They only had eyes on stuff like powerbanks when returning, and therefore opened all suitcases before check-in.
    It's somehow sad that the strict rules have been actually extended again, after another try to overthink it.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  4. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that things finally seem to be returning to some sort of normality.
    I'm guessing this 'laissez-faire' attitude by the Boys in Brown, doesn't extend to the whole country? Tourist spots, maybe, but still I'm guessing don't get seen to be vaping by Police Up--Country??
    I gave up Public Cloud Chasing many years ago, though, so no big deal for me.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Siam Diesel likes this.