1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Traveling to Thailand with Vape Gear

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vaping Newbies' started by Kandace Saunders, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Kandace Saunders

Kandace Saunders Thread Starter New Member

Hey everyone, first post on the page!

Thanks for all the helpful info about bring juice/hardware in. my question for bringing in our own juice (mine will be minimal, only in Thailand for 17 days). ive read some threads on other pages to make sure yiou fill up your tank, so if stopped they see its been used (and not for resale) and read some that said carry it on your non-checked language not filled up. what's the word?

also maybe someone can help for my travel TO Thailand. I am going Canada-USA-Korea-Thailand. on the Way home Thailand-China-USA-Canada.

If I have it with me on the carry on; will I have any issues at any of these places? (spare Canada, I know I will be good here).

Thanks all, cant wait to see beautiful Thailand. Oh wait one more thing, sometimes I have a cigarette, can you only smoke in designated smoking areas in Thailand; whether in Bangkok , streets/markets/ beaches in the Islands, etc. Or can you smoke where ever you want, as long as you are being respectful.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  2. Submaniac
    Fiendish

Submaniac Ayatolah of Rock 'N Rolla

Hi, I am cutting and pasting my response to your other post:

Hi

Yes, bring your own juice. Keep in mind TSA regulations which limit the amount of liquid you can bring in carry on (due to the potential that the liquid could be explosives). On my last trip in November, I brought in a liter of juice. Broken down into 10 100ml bottles (clear is preferred) and placed into the CHECKED baggage. I would not recommend bringing in alot of juice in carry on (because they may think you're bringing in explosives). If it's checked, you don't have access to it. Most likely you will receive a note in your baggage that TSA opened and inspected your bag. However, your juice is not going to get confiscated by US, Canadian, or Korean authorities as none of those countries have a ban on ecigarettes. Thailand...just keep a low profile. They have an x ray machine at the airport before you leave the building. Most people (like me) don't have a problem and haven't been asked to put luggage through. What they're primarily looking for is people bringing in liquor, cigarettes, etc. without paying duties. Try to maintain a low profile and you will avoid problems. I don't know if they would seize juice at the airport if it showed up on the x ray. I would try to avoid that happening by avoiding having it x rayed.

Batteries should NOT be placed into checked baggage. It's not allowed in the cargo hold because of fire risk. That's a TSA rule. Those should be carry on and carry on ONLY.

Juice in atty's--there would be an issue with air pressure changes causing leakage. You might want to put in a ziplock plastic bag to avoid juice spillage on your other things. On my last trip I put a bunch of atty's in my checked baggage. No problems. I left them in Thailand at my house so I already have equipment there. I also brought atty's with mods (and my batteries) and a little juice bottle in my carry on. No problem with that either.

Smoking--be careful about scams by law enforcement. In the Thai airport, there are smoking rooms, where you can also vape. In public and out and about be mindful of signs which prohibit smoking in the area. A trick that is used is that a BIB ("boys in brown", Thai police) may ask you to pay a fine for smoking where you aren't supposed to. That's actually a scam because they're not supposed to do that. But there have been reports of people being pinched for it.

Treat vaping the same as smoking. Just be careful where you do it. Don't do it in prohibited areas. Otherwise, if it's not prohibited in the area, you can smoke or vape there.

jpr, farangmick, etlava and 5 others like this.
  3. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

:welcome:
    I moved this post to its own thread.
    I'd suggest putting everything possible in your checked luggage except the gear which you'll be vaping for the journey. All mods with integral batteries (incl. power banks) and all loose batteries must be kept in your carry-on luggage. Tanks should be empty...otherwise, they'll leak (I put even the empty ones in small plastic bags wrapped in a tissue).
    You shouldn't...AFAIK, vaping is legal in all the countries you mentioned.
    Smoking indoors is generally prohibited...but it's not rigorously enforced outside of Bangkok. Follow the lead of other smokers. If you're outside, you can generally smoke where you like unless it's posted as a non-smoking zone. Be careful about dropping the butts...the police like to nab unsuspecting tourists and fine them for littering (very prevalent in certain areas of Bangkok).

But if you're a vaper, why would you want to light up a stinky anyway??!!

Enjoy your trip to the Land of Smiles!
    :vaping: :vaping:

pierdon, farangmick, etlava and 6 others like this.
  4. Scuba Vaper

Scuba Vaper Open Water Scuva Instructor

Pretty much everything said by my learned friends above ... @Siam Diesel suggestion of using RDA whilst travelling worked really well for me on recent international excursions :)

etlava and Siam Diesel like this.
  5. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Huh...I did what? :D Maybe that was @Submaniac...sounds like something he'd suggest. :p
    I travel with an iTaste VV V3 and an Aspire ET-S tank. Everything else is in checked luggage. ;)

Scuba Vaper and Konvict like this.
  6. Scuba Vaper

Whoops, credit where it's due then, thanks @Submaniac was a very helpful suggestion for me :)

Konvict and Siam Diesel like this.
  7. Submaniac
    Fiendish

Submaniac Ayatolah of Rock 'N Rolla

I don't think the RDA suggestion was me. Usually my suggestions are centered around posting pictures of anal lube. However, I am more than happy to take credit for things I did not do. For things I did do, I like to put the blame on others. It's all good.

Neilly, Siam Diesel and Scuba Vaper like this.
  8. memphys

memphys Member

Travelling to Thailand with Vape gear wasn't as bad as I thought. I left my mod, RDA (didn't want to deal with juice spilling out due to air pressure changes) in my check in luggage and my batteries in my carry on, no fuss from Thai customs.

As Submaniac said, treat vaping the same as smoking. Designated smoking areas, outdoors etc. Enjoy your trip to Thailand!

Scuba Vaper and Submaniac like this.
  9. Vince

Vince Member

Brought in a pouch with my gears, mod, tank, dripper and 6 bottles of juice. Didn't face any issue. All in my carry on luggage.

Leaving Bangkok for kl now and did not have any issue as well.

debatedude and Scuba Vaper like this.
  10. hotdogs1

hotdogs1 Well-Known Member

Did they x-ray your bags coming in? They have x-rayed mine once in about 20 times.

I went to India 3 times last year and every time in and out my bags were x-rayed. They new what they were from the x-ray and asked me to get them out so they could view them to confirm. Then it was no problem sir.

If the Thais get to a stage where they can recognise them on a
    X-ray we may be in trouble.

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  11. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Not really...there's an existing thread about this that's been running awhile.

Vaping Import/Export Ban Clarified | Thailand Vapers

12. Scuba Vaper

The overly zealous Indian airport security is why I'll never get a connecting flight there again. I stood in a queue for 1.5 hours in New Delhi, to be fully rescreened after having already been screened fully in BKK, an utter, complete, badly organised, waste of time, and reflected very badly on Indian aviation.

BKK I have seen people getting xrayed, but I've always managed to be lucky leaving baggage collection area. Not that I felt I had anything to declare, just that no one needs the hassle of customs after travelling for 20 hours.

Thais know what ecigarettes are, and would be able to spot them on an xray.

13. Richard

Richard Well-Known Member

I just traveled out of the country from Suvarnabhumi with no problems. I took the batteries out of my mod and put them in a case, the dripper was removed from the mod and put in a small pouch and I had two bottles of juice.

If you are changing planes in India do not get any duty free alcohol from Thailand, they took mine because it contained more than 100ml - barstewards!

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  14. Scuba Vaper

Exactly !

15. Vince

Vince Member

Thai customs seemed pretty relaxed. I don't know...