1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Titanium Wire for Vaping

Discussion in 'Temperature Control board Talk' started by -V-, Feb 22, 2015.

1. The Rev
    Sleepy

The Rev Forgiven Member

If it makes you feel better Mack, it doesn't actually have a "Stainless Steel" setting but adjustable Nickel Purity . Now Smok's new $40 Treebox Mini on the other hand...

2. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

Is it not a Temp Coefficient adjustment rather than a NI one so that any metal can be used?

3. The Rev
    Sleepy

The Rev Forgiven Member

I believe it's a crude adjustment of temp coefficient. The number that works for SS is nickel purity of 10.

4. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

I also Fancy a bash on the Zero Mini, but have limited myself to a new setup every two weeks and the Zero is a few down the list.
    Gonna make my first "proper" purchase for months at the weekend.

5. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

And your not telling us what? spill the beans.
    **Updated**
    from what ive read the coefficient of ss is 0.00094 so the 10 setting I thing refers to that.

Rick O-Shea likes this.
  6. Rick O-Shea

First on the list will be an Evic VTC-Mini & Uwell Crown Tank

I notice there is a new update to make it 75w too which is a nice bonus.

7. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

good one, I have the mini on order, cvapor 13 days processing and not shipped, was thinking about the crown or the goblin mini, but dont realy need tanks, 2 new lemo 2 glasses in the post today.:grin:

Siam Diesel and Rick O-Shea like this.
  8. Rick O-Shea

The Lemo 2 is the only tank I use, when you're back in Thailand give me a shout, I have a Goblin Mini I don't use (clone/free).
    Gonna try out the VTC from eFun, it's $29, the Crown is $22.50 (+$7) at 3avape but they don't have the black (or any in stock for that matter) so that'll be an FT job along with silicone sleeve.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  9. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

Haven't tried it myself and probably wont but here's something from ECF for dry-burn-cleaning Titanium using the DNA 200. Guess you could try the same TCR value for other mods but they might be linear as opposed to the TCR curves support with the DNA 200 and could behave differently?:

Program a curve with a TCR of 0.007 and set the temperature to 300C and assign it to an unused profile on the dna 200.

Max temperature will be limited to 600C (real) and you can pulse whatever you want and the coil will never be overheated to the point of forming TiO2... Gunk will fall off just like with a normal dry burn.

10. The Rev
    Sleepy

The Rev Forgiven Member

That's good news. Admittedly, I have been doing very low glow dry burns myself though on a low wattage in wattage mode. It's a pain having to try to be so careful but it gets the job done. Being able to use TC would make it 100 times easier.

11. ckapp
    Amused

ckapp Smile!

Thanks to all the valuable information thoughtfully composed and posted on this thread regarding the use of Ti, a new convert has been born. It sure does take mucho time, patience and a bunch of do-overs, juice waste, cotton waste, set it aside and come back and do it again laters, etc. But my goodness... oh my, my, my...

"Transparency" is the word that comes to mind with a dual coil 28g Ti build on the Smok TFV4/TF-R2 rig. It's like there's no wire or wick. There's no wire taste, just the flavor of the juice and that's it. I have 2 2.5mm coils, 9 evenly spaced wraps and the VT200 screen indicates 0.33Ω.

Set to run at 400°F and 20w and it's just unreal. No rattlesnake noises, nada. I'm inhaling and looking to see if there's any error messages because it's absolutely silent. But I get the flavor, and the plume that emanates on the exhale is entirely sublime.

Using the drill to de-structuralize the strand to relieve some of the springiness is brilliant. I bought two Kuro Concepts coil winders yesterday and used the 2.5mm as that is about the spacing threshold for clearance from the deck cap when screwed into place on the R2. It is also absolutely imperative to grab both coil leads with the coil on the winding pin and pull them tight simultaneously with a pair of needle nose pliers to take out any slack in the windings, as even with the drill-twisting technique included, the wire still resists conformity (just like someone I know).

And then, it takes some pushing and finagling to gently center the coils inward from the outer posts to keep the leads from possibly grounding out on the deck cap and have enough space to wick the coils accurately while getting the coils perfectly centered and horizontal over the air uptake holes.

Cleaning the wire with alcohol while it's still in the drill chuck after doing the twisting works perfectly. Once removed, coils installed, centered and correctly aligned, I mounted the deck/base assembly to the mod and turned the power all the way down to 10w and pulsed them cautiously to burn off any residual yuk-nesses like finger oil. But because of the pre-cleaning with rubbing alcohol, there's hardly any smoke and no, they won't come even close to glowing and oxidizing at this power setting, so all is good and safe here. The "dry coil" error message kicks in as well, furthering the inability to accidentally overheat and oxidize the Titanium coils on the VT200.

In terms of vaping on the Ti build, it takes a few minutes of getting used to its silence and its efficiency because initially, it feels like the mod is not working... when in fact, the true glory of vaping comes through in 3D/4K/HD what-evah!

A sincere "thank you" to all of you who have previously walked the Path and posted all of your experiences, insights, how-to's, don't do's, watch out for's, etc. This shit's for real...

Gloriously improved this vaper's experience of vaping Big Time!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
    Siam Diesel, The Rev and Scratchy like this.
  12. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing your positive experience!

Siam Diesel and ckapp like this.
  13. ckapp
    Amused

ckapp Smile!

Indeed, sir... It's a pleasure. Reciprocity has its merits. Thank you!

Oh, yes... almost forgot. I hope everyone has fun kickin' it LIVE in CM tomorrow. Be with you in Spirit.

Om Shanti! Om Vape :)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
    Siam Diesel and Konvict like this.
  14. ckapp
    Amused

ckapp Smile!

A brief btw... The Ti build's silence is also immediately present on the SX Mini M as well, in spite of it's pulse width modulation feature as opposed to the Evolve DNA chipset, as one reviewer had commented on. Oh, the joys of it all...

Siam Diesel likes this.