1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Three e-cigarette TV adverts banned

Discussion in 'E-News' started by byoung, Dec 24, 2014.

1. byoung
    Cloud_9

byoung Thread Starter Upcountry Vaper

2. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

It only shows that we have a long way to go. The anti e-cig groups are sadly getting stronger and stronger. Not because of knowledge, but just plain stupidity by the so called health authorities, who actually don't care the health as long as the money from big tobacco and the big pharma are coming their way. :angry:

BuzzSamui and Rowdy like this.
  3. byoung
    Cloud_9

byoung Thread Starter Upcountry Vaper

I really don't have a problem with placing limits on advertising, especially anything that is totally irresponsible, like encouraging non-smokers to take up vaping, or using sex to sell the product. Vaping should not be packaged as something glamorous. It is nothing short of an alternative to smoking and advertisers should not be encouraging people to start if they do not already smoke. In the US, tobacco is not allowed to advertise, so I see no good reason for allowing E-cig companies to do it either. We see a lot of health professionals saying the vaping is LESS harmful, but I don't see them saying it is harmless. Their simply isn't any peer reviewed research to support that it is. The advertising strategies of this industry are only going to make things worse for us. We desperately need an image makeover, because the public, in general, is not going to be very accepting of the one we have now.

Rick O-Shea likes this.