1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

This just in: Sufferers of Chronic Dumb Cured of Nicotine Misconceptions

Discussion in 'E-News' started by Darth Vaper, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Darth Vaper
    Sick

Darth Vaper Thread Starter Keep Calm and Impose Your Will on Others

moved from a thread that had nothing to do with this...

If interested, you can read the back story that brings us to this point before continuing.

(in response to @Scuba Vaper - who will not let go of his position that nicotine should be considered dangerous to touch... the goal is to change that.)
    - - -

We do have a test subject right here, yours truly.

Not only has pure nic touched the skin, it was mistaken for juice and licked off the back of the hand.

on another, wonderful occasion, pure nic splashed from the replacement of the bottle cap and magically missed all other possible targets and flew directly into the one good eye remaining in the unhelmeted skull.

That was a treat. Turns out, none of those things killed this lucky (or unlucky?) vaper. Mistook my eyeball for a cherry red tomato even after repeated eye washes but (un)fortunately, was stuck on the curiosity of how to interpret the waves of new and not entirely painful nor pleasurable sensations flooding into active experience. At no point was relief given, not even just a little taste, by the sweet cessation of death on either of these occasions.

Once again, readers are strongly encouraged to visit ecigarette-politics.com - specifically the articles on nicotine

Also very valuable is the unrelated but similarly named ecigarette-research.org which is run by the vape community's favorite research doctor, Dr. Konstantinos Farsalinos.

First hand experience proves nicotine is not even close to being as dangerous as everyone believes it to be. A proper write up of the peculiar subjective response to eating 99.99% nicotine will be posted sometime soon. Spoiler alert: it does not kill you!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
    etlava, Siam Diesel, Loki and 2 others like this.
  2. Scuba Vaper

Scuba Vaper Open Water Scuva Instructor

LOL, you really are a funny guy :)

Very touched and honoured to have a whole post devoted to me, even if you're calling me dumb ... And no moderators it's not a personal attack, @Darth Vaper means he thinks I'm awesome, just he's too embarrassed to say it ... As for curing my dumbness, well good luck with that ! It's taken years of ninja'esk training and discipline to get this dumb, and I have the whole rest of my life to achieve your level of dumb, intend to take my time, as I know you've worked harder at it than me ...

It's interesting, but a little naive, that you think one test subject, ie you is conclusive evidence that there aren't any dangers in handling 999mg/ml nicotine ... And I thought we'd cleared up "can be lethal" not meaning the same thing as "will 100% kill you" ...

I have to concede that your experiences shared, lead me to think, that dangers may be somewhat overstated ... However, none of the examples/"experiments" you've suggested, I will likely be repeating myself anytime soon. I hope this does not offend :p

My own accidental over nicotining of eliquids, and skin contact with 10% solution, indicated, very strongly, that I don't want to be taking nicotine anything but seriously. OD, or approaching OD, felt very very edgy indeed, presumably because nicotine is a stimulant. Not something I want to repeat.

As one of my other hats is electronics, I've shorted (accidentally) fully charged li-ion 18650 batteries, and didn't die, the batteries didn't even blink an eyelid. Did I conclude that there's no reason not to short li-ion batteries. No I did not, I still pay them the same respect as I did before, perhaps a little more as I now know how easy it is to short them. And would advise others to use the same precautions. Don't do dangerous shit, basically.

Handling instructions that I've seen for high concentration nicotine all state use of PPE, wash off spills immediately and seek medical attention. I seem to remember ventilation being recommended. And there being "no known antidote" for nicotine poisoning. Nothing in handling instructions about not in your bedroom in your underpants, but most people would have taken that as read ... I guess ?

As guys who know me on this forum know, I can be as dumb as a box of spanners sometimes, however that's generally the exception rather than the rule, in my opinion, obviously. I only started looking into vaping little over a month ago, so, still in some ways a newbie. So ...

Very happy actually to be wrong, with "dangers of handling nicotine", as obviously a home lab setup is much more onerous than underpants and a duvet ...

Convincer for me would be 999mg/ml nicotine manufacturer's instructions which include suggested working locations as "bedroom" and suggested PPE as "underpants"/"Darth Vaper helmet" ... If I can see that you might change my mind ... Obviously if it has "dun by Darth Vaper in MS paintbrush" in bottom right hand corner, I do reserve the right to laugh at you extremely vigorously, then later with you because I'm not cruel by nature, and then proceed to not believe you ;)

Siam Diesel likes this.
  3. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

:rolling laugh: :rolling laugh:
    Well, I'm very glad we cleared that up!! ;)

Scuba Vaper and Konvict like this.