1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

These days are long gone

Discussion in 'Modifications and DIY' started by -V-, Jan 1, 2020.

1. -V-
    Cool

-V- Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

The whole 'Mod' up your devices and DIY mods lost the way over the years of innovation and progression from all the Chinese companies.

It was a fun time though and I had some great times with buying cheap crap Chinese mods/knock offs and making them better.

Devices are so much better now and also the market price wise is stable and good...

Guess for all the new vapers you missed out on such fun times :wacky:

But it's where the buzz of vaping was in the old days...lol..

jpr likes this.
  2. Bantorvaper
    Mellow

Bantorvaper Well-Known Member

With the US now banning "pod flavors" other countries will liky follow suite resulting in many vapors transitioning to or back to regular mod setups so the competition to attract these individuals may spur new innovation/creativity.

Siam Diesel and debatedude like this.
  3. Okaa

Okaa Active Member

Those days of hammond boxes, I miss them too. I miss waiting for a new duke box. Waiting for the sx350 chip to come out and then being amazed. When chips were some kind of magical new thing. I've recently been finding myself drawn to mechanicals. Waiting for a new caravela drop.

I was in Australia when the mechanical mods first started appearing. I was smoking cigarettes and got a stingray mech and never looked back. I was building coils everyday just for fun. Trying to push the limits. One day I soldered a 510 to an old laptop charger (not a good idea). I'm sure you all remember how there was a bit of a chip war to get the watts higher and higher.

I just purchased some 510s on lazada, project boxes, have some old dna75 chips laying about. Time to solder again.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  4. -V-
    Cool

-V- Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

Go for it mate, be nice to see some action again around here....

Siam Diesel likes this.