1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

The Ultimate Box Mod

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by byoung, Dec 3, 2014.

1. byoung
    Cloud_9

byoung Thread Starter Upcountry Vaper

The problem with all of the box mods is, no matter how small they design it, you still have to mount a tank on top. This makes them top heavy and impractical for home use and too tall for out and about use. Granted, you can lay it on its side, but that eats up a lot of real estate, if one has several in use at the same time.

The only design I have seen that solves this problem is the VTR. Unfortunately its very heavy and won't accommodate an RBA, without an extension. Design one that resolves these two issues and it would be the mod of my dreams...the ultimate box mod!

One additional improvement would be to add an easy to remove rubber boot on the bottom and vent the battery to the side. This would protect the device if it was placed on a wet surface.

2. ThaiGermanSamui

ThaiGermanSamui Well-Known Member

Vaporshark and IStick ..the smallest Box Mods out there .. and by the way, what is the diffrence to a Tube Mod , Tubes are much longer and as well you have to screw on your RDA .. so i didn't understand your worries Mate .. VTR are Old School Box Mods and far away from that what you can get now.. Kato Box Mod is as well nice because the RDA is on the Side of the Box ;)

I only use Box Mods since i start with them , just nice to handle and smaller/shorter ..

Ohh forget 1 Mod .. EGrip with the Tank inside the Box !

3. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

Love box mods over tube mods now.....

ThaiGermanSamui likes this.
  4. ThaiGermanSamui

much more .. didn't use my tubes anymore :)

5. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

Loving the new ZNA 50 with 18650 full body, kind of a box mod with a tube though :wink:

6. BuzzSamui
    Cloud_9

BuzzSamui Well-Known Member

loving my VaperSharks and iStick (as soon as V2 comes out will buy another)

7. ThaiGermanSamui

Just had a big night out with my IStick and he did a really good job .. the Battery Life is just amazing !

8. ryanmacl

ryanmacl Well-Known Member

First, there are plenty of RBAs out there that fit the VTR, just not popular ones. You'd probably have to go with something like the Kayfun 2.1 if you want something good.

Second, you could always get yourself a squonk box if you're set on keeping the center of gravity low. Something like the SVA:
    Taste Your Juice | THE SVA DNA30 BOTTOM FED BOX MOD

They've had adapters like the Svoemesto sticker for ages, but I don't think you'll find one that fits any of the box mods. They're mainly for eGos. They aren't popular at all, never seen one in the wild.
    Does a 510 threaded "180 degree" adapter like this exist? - Imgur

I know what you're asking for, I get it, but the fact is that if people wanted it that bad it would have happened by now. I wouldn't want one. I saw the problem the first time I saw the VTR. The only way to make sure your airflow wasn't blocked would be to allow the atty to rotate. The VTR had that, but so many people hated it they changed the design like 2 weeks after the release. It made the atty wobble.

9. byoung
    Cloud_9

byoung Thread Starter Upcountry Vaper

I have looked at the Kato Box Mod in the past. I'm not interested in a mech, but the fact that it exists, and is on the market, suggests that the design is desired. In my opinion, a VV/VW version would being it full circle. This mod addresses most of my issues with the VTR. The only thing it lacks is VV/VW capability. Of course, I'd like to see better protection against moisture intrusion at the bottom, but that is a complaint I have with all mods that I've used.

10. vVvapor
    Nerdy

vVvapor Well-Known Member

What kind of monster atty are you using that weighs more than a box mod with an 18650 inside it?

Rick O-Shea likes this.