1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

the noose may be tightening....

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vapers Lounge' started by UKJuice, May 26, 2014.

1. UKJuice

UKJuice Thread Starter New Member

2. AI-NAAM
    No Mood

AI-NAAM Provarinati Member

Half truths and twisted facts as usual.

3. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

Y just wonder, how journalist read ? You could easily say that the vapor of e-cigarettes make the virus less aggressive than cigarette smoke, so the first thing on my mind would be to ban the cigarettes right ? Incredible, that the journalist does not catch it.

4. AI-NAAM
    No Mood

Obviously written that way to try to demonize vaping. Probably paid for by the anti-vaping propagandists.
    :voodoo:

5. ryanmacl

ryanmacl Well-Known Member

I did a little Google-fu on the doctor interviewed for the article. One of the first things that popped up was a presentation laying out his plans to tax cigarettes by 2% to fund his anti-smoking campaigns. The whole presentation was on his funding and personnel requirements, with just a blurb or two about what they would actually do. The only anti-smoking campaign I've ever seen in Thailand is making the warnings take up a higher percentage of the package and requiring stores to have the cigarettes out of view at the stores, both of which are paid for by the private entities, not the government organization. Haven't seen any decrease in smoking either, at least not in the 9 years I've been here. How will they get their money if people aren't still smoking? That is what they can't seem to figure out.

It is the same everywhere, nobody can figure out how to justify the tax, so they have to do everything they can to keep their current revenue streams. Stock up on your nicotine, there is nothing anyone can do about the rest of it. Honestly I'm tired of all the misinformation out there, it makes it hard to determine what actually is hazardous. I'll be continuing to make my own coils, make my own juices, and most likely making my own mods at some point.

6. AI-NAAM
    No Mood

Bingo!
    Good find Ryan. You should put that in the comments section under the Bangkok Post article.
    :very good:

7. ryanmacl

ryanmacl Well-Known Member

No thanks, but here is the link if you want to do it.

using innovation in tobacco - prakit vathesatogkit

8. TheDodgyBrothers

TheDodgyBrothers New Member

I cant post URL links just yet, but I came across an article in NY Times where the FDA is starting regulation on ejuice. Right now its focus will be on what goes inside of the juice but the next logical step will be to regulate the makers / industry itself.

One of the Drs quoted says he would choose ecigs over normal, but that it is best to avoid both; so at least the article was not sensationalist and one eyed.

Remove the spaces for link to the article
    www nytimes com / 2014 / 05 / 04 / business / some-e-cigarettes-deliver-a-puff-of-carcinogens . html ? _ r = 0

9. Nikosan

Nikosan Active Member

I'm actually a ejuice maker in the states. I just finish the requirements by the state of california to produce and currently working on dispensing it into stores. I can tell you that the regulations won't be implemented until next year IMO. New York is another story though those people are crazy. There has been a ban on public vaping in the Los Angeles.

To my best knowledge i know that the vaping community is lobbying for a regulation on ejuice producer but in moderate steps so they don't kill off the artisan business (small time juice producers). But who knows.

10. MoisesKovacs

MoisesKovacs New Member

I think it is just wrong information..E-cig market is getting bigger and bigger so analog smoking companies are trying to create negative environment in order to decrease the popularity of e-cigs.