1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

The Mixing Lab

Discussion in 'Thailand DIY Juice Making' started by jorakae, Aug 3, 2016.

1. jorakae

jorakae Thread Starter Well-Known Member

I thought I might share a few of my favorite recipes and update this particular thread to keep all of them in one easy to find place.

Super Simple Apple Pie

I've tried many apple pie juices, none I've found to be very authentic. After several iterations, I'm happy enough with this mix that I've started to mix it in significantly larger volumes.

This particular juice has 4 main base flavors:

1. Apple Pie* - This provides the main crust base flavor. A nice, light, buttery pastry flavor with just a slight hint of cinnamon and apple.
    2. Cinnamon Danish Swirl* - This amps up the light cinnamon and buttery flavors from the apple pie and brings them to a more prominent place in this flavor profile.
    3. Double Apple - This also compliments the apple pie and provides the mix its finishing flavor and gives you those warm, sweet, juicy apples.
    4. Vanilla Bean Ice Cream - This flavor is not noticeable as much as its role is to smooth out and pull all the flavors together.
    5. (Optional) Sucralose @10% - I find that just a touch of sucralose in this mix really brightens up those buttery cinnamon apples. Not enough to make it overly sweet, just to give it a bit more realistic level of sweetness.
    6. (Optional) Caramel v2 - If you like a little caramel with your apple pie, don't hesitate to throw some in to add a bit more depth to this flavor profile.
    (*This mix may be modified using Apple Pie v2 and Cinnamon Danish Swirl v2 to make it less concerning, but maybe just not quite as good as the original.)

CAP Apple Pie - 7%
    CAP Cinnamon Danish Swirl - 2%
    CAP Double Apple - 3%
    CAP Vanilla Bean Ice Cream - 4%
    (Optional) Sucralose - .7%
    (Optional) CAP Caramel v2 - </=.5% More than this will completely overpower the entire mix.

What you get is buttery cinnamon pastry on the inhale, warm juicy apples on the exhale, with just a touch of sweetness on your lips. Good as a shake and vape and only continues to develop richness over time. Very authentic and absolutely delicious. One of my now favorite ADV juices.

2. jorakae

Blueberry Cinnamon Crumble

Following our base recipe for Super Simple Apple Pie, we can make a very nice Blueberry Cinnamon Crumble by just swapping out a couple of flavors.

Again, a 4 base flavor mix but we swap out apple pie for blueberry cinnamon crumble and double apple for blueberry.

1. Blueberry Cinnamon Crumble - This provides the main bakery base flavor. A nice, light, buttery pastry flavor with just a slight hint of cinnamon and blueberry.
    2. Cinnamon Danish Swirl* - This amps up the light cinnamon and buttery flavors from the blueberry cinnamon crumble and brings them to a more prominent place in this flavor profile.
    3. Blueberry - This also compliments the blueberry cinnamon crumble and provides the mix its finishing flavor and gives you those warm, sweet, juicy blueberries.
    4. Vanilla Bean Ice Cream - This flavor is not noticeable as much as its role is to smooth out and pull all the flavors together.
    5. (Optional) Sucralose @10% - I find that just a small amount of sucralose in this mix really brightens up the buttery cinnamon and blueberries. Not enough to make it overly sweet, just to give it a bit more realistic level of sweetness.
    (*This mix may be modified using Cinnamon Danish Swirl v2 to make it less concerning, but maybe just not quite as good as the original.)

CAP Blueberry Cinnamon Crumble - 7%
    CAP Cinnamon Danish Swirl - 2%
    CAP Blueberry - 3%
    CAP Vanilla Bean Ice Cream - 4%
    (Optional) Sucralose - .7%

What you get is buttery cinnamon pastry on the inhale, warm juicy blueberries on the exhale, with just a touch of sweetness on your lips. Good as a shake and vape and only continues to develop richness over time. I might prefer the brightness of the apples in Super Simple Apple Pie over the deeper flavor of the blueberry, but this is a staple juice in my collection. Very enjoyable.

3. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Geez...they sound so good, might just have to start mixing. ;)

jorakae likes this.
  4. jorakae

Trust me on this one, that is a damn good apple pie. I'm very happy with that juice. If I was starting a juice line, that one would be at the top of my production list.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  5. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

With nicotine being the only hurdle now that pharma grade PG/VG have been sourced in Thailand I have no reason not to try DIY again.

Now if I can just get quality nicotine in country..... Lol

jorakae, farangmick and Siam Diesel like this.
  6. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

Why don't you give it a go? Now Mack's retired, there is a huge gap in the market. Just my sort of desert flavours.
    Nearly licking the screen reading the descriptions.

jorakae and Konvict like this.
  7. jorakae

Element's Pink Lemonade Clone

The base of this recipe I sourced from Reddit, (credit to /u/makemyvape) and just made one slight change of flavors. I subbed out TFA Lemon for CAP Italian Lemon Sicily. In my opinion, an excellent swap. This is a very nice and refreshing pink lemonade, perfect for those hotter days.

In this mix there are 3 main base flavors:

1. Italian Lemon Sicily - This is a very bright sweet/sour lemon flavor that reminds me very closely of the Lemon Heads candy from the States. Provides the base of our lemonade.
    2. Sweet Tangerine - Sweet, with a slightly sour note, pairs very nicely with the Italian lemon Sicily to enhance the citrus flavor.
    3. Raspberry v2 - Compliments our lemonade with our berry note giving us the pink in our lemonade.
    4. (Optional) Sucralose @10% - If you like your juice to have a bit more sweetness, a touch of sucralose can pick it up.
    5. (Optional) Menthol/Extreme Ice - Want to give your lemonade that cool/icy feeling? This can be a great addition to an already great combination of flavors to make it even more refreshing.
    CAP Italian Lemon Sicily - 7%
    CAP Sweet Tangerine - 5%
    CAP Raspberry v2 - 4%
    (Optional) Sucralose - .5-.7%
    (Optional) Menthol/Exteme Ice - Your preferred %

This needs about 24 hours for the flavors to come together, 3 days and it is spot on pink lemonade. With some slight modifications, the raspberry can be subbed out for other fruits such as blackberry, mango, strawberry, peach, etc... giving you multiple possible combinations for a great, refreshing, summertime vape. Add in a bit of menthol or extreme ice if you like that kind of thing and really take it to the next level.

8. Anbessa
    Thinking

Anbessa Come&Go Member

Thanks for sharing and keep them coming please. Always interesting to read trough recipes.

Just send it

Siam Diesel likes this.
  9. jorakae

Cuttwood's Unicorn Milk Clone

If you've been on e-Liquid Calculator and sorted by top rated, you know this one by CutwoodSpy is at the very top. If you are not familiar with the flavor profile of this juice, it is like a strawberries and cream type flavor. I've made this one and some variations and tried them side by side with the original. It is pretty spot on as it is. In an A/B test it would be difficult for me to call the right one. I'll post the original and some variations.

This recipe is a bit more complex using 7 different flavorings in small concentrations. Making a larger batch like 100ml makes it easier (and worth it).

1. Sweet Strawberry - This is a very authentic tasting strawberry and the main note in this profile.
    2. Vanilla Custard* - Just thick delicious vanilla custard. A very highly regarded flavoring from Capella.
    3. Butter Cream - A spoon of rich butter cream icing for sweetness
    4. Sweet Cream - A splash of sweet cream.
    5. Vanilla Bean Ice Cream - Topped with small scoop of sweet, creamy, vanilla bean ice cream.
    6. New York Cheesecake - Creamy New York cheesecake, delicious on its own and adds some depth and richness.
    7. Graham Cracker v2 - Just a hint of cinnamon and spice cookie.
    CAP Sweet Strawberry - 8.5%
    CAP Vanilla Custard - 3%
    CAP Vanilla Bean Ice Cream - 1%
    CAP Butter Cream - 1.5%
    CAP Sweet Cream - 1.5%
    CAP New York Cheesecake - .5%
    CAP Graham Cracker v2 - .5%

This recipe has a very good base so we are able to swap out the main note with other flavors that would go well with a cream base, blueberry, blackberry, mango, maybe even toasted almond or hazelnut. You can get creative. I've also swapped out the butter cream for vanilla whipped cream for a bit of a lighter creaminess. If you want more than a hint of the cinnamon and spice from the graham cracker, increase by .1% increments. Good as a shake and vape, very good in about 2 weeks, fantastic at 1 month+.

You get a very authentic strawberry flavor on inhale and sweet creamy exhale with faint touches of cinnamon and spice from the graham cracker. An excellent vape. I keep 100mls of this regularly steeping.

farangmick, Prp905 and Longtail1 like this.
  10. moonoy93
    Cloud_9

moonoy93 Well-Known Member

One of my all time favourites...

So easy to mix, but what a vape...

Park Avenue Cheesecake..

Capella New York Cheesecake V1 -10%
    Capella French Vanilla V1 -5%

Many others here... all using Capella concentrates....

Perpetua’s Vanilla Custard (PVC)
    To make (aprox) 10ml:- Add 2.0ml of Capella Vanilla Custard, 0.5ml of French Vanilla, 2 drops of sweetener, to 7.5ml of your preferred VG/PG/Nic mix.

Skwoddy’s Choccy Mintoffee
    Tastes like Wer**ers Original Toffees with a yummy chocolate and mellow coolmint added.
    To make 10ml:- Add 1.4ml of Capella Milk Chocolate Toffee and 0.6ml of Capella Cool Mint to 8ml of your preferred VG/PG/Nic mix.

Skwoddy’s Gingerbread Brulee
    To make 20ml:- Add 2.5ml of Capella Vanilla Custard, 2.5ml of Capella Gingerbread, 1ml Flavourart Caramel, 1ml Bravarian Cream and 5drops of Ethyl Maltol to 13ml of your preferred VG/PG/Nic mix.

Skwoddy’s Ambrosia
    To make 10ml:- Add 2.5ml of Capella Vanilla Custard, 0.4ml of Ethyl Maltol, to7.1ml of your preferred VG/PG/Nicmix.

Steve 386’s Vanilla & Banana Custard
    To make 10ml:- Add 2ml of Capella Vanilla Custard and 2ml of Capella Banana to6ml of your preferred VG/PG/Nic mix.

Vinhaler’s Custard & Apple Pie
    To make 10ml:- Add 1ml of Capella Vanilla Custard, 0.7ml of Capella Cake Batter and 0.5ml of Capella Green Apple to 7.8ml of your preferred VG/PG/Nicmix.

Dee’s Lemon & Lime
    To make 10ml:- Add 1.66ml of Capella Lemon & Lime, to 8.34ml of your preferred VG/PG/Nic mix.

Hoosier’s Blueberry MuffinTo make 10ml:- Add 1.6ml of Capella Blueberry and 0.4ml of Capella Cinnamon Danish Swirl to 8.ml of your preferred VG/PG/Nic mix. let steep.

Park Avenue Vanilla CheescakeTo make 10ml:- Add 1.0ml of Capella New York Cheescake and 0.5ml of Capella French Vanilla to 8.5ml of your preferred VG/PG/Nic mix.

Banana, Strawberry CreamTo make 10ml:- Add 1.0ml of Capella Banana and 0.5ml of Capella Strawberries & Cream to 8.5ml of your preferred VG/PG/Nic mix.

Oreo Cookie
    To make 10ml:- Add 1.6ml of Capella Double Chocolate, 0.4ml of Capella Vanilla Custard and 0.1ml of Capella Peppermint to 7.9ml of your preferred VG/PG/Nic mix. Allow to steep.

Strawberry Cheescake
    To make 10ml:- Add 1.4ml of Capella New York Cheesecake, 0.8ml of Capella Sweet Strawberry, 0.15ml of Capella Marshmallow, 0.2mlLemon Juice and 0.2mlof Ethyl Maltol to 7.25ml of your preferred VG/PG/Nic mix.

Creamy Vanilla Almond
    To make 10ml:- Add 1.5ml of Capella Vanilla Custard, 0.5ml of Capella Almond, and0.1ml of Ethyl Maltol to 7.9ml of your preferred VG/PG/Nic mix.Allow to steep.

Rich Chocolate Fudge Brownie
    To make 10ml:- Add 2.1ml of Capella Chocolate Fudge Brownie, 0.2ml of Capella Almond, and 0.2ml of Ethyl Maltol to 7.5ml of your preferred VG/PG/Nic mix. Allow to steep.

Apple Pie
    To make 10ml:- Add 1.5ml of Capella Apple Pie, 0.3ml of Capella Green Apple,and 0.2mlof Ethyl Maltol to 8.0ml of your preferred VG/PG/Nicmix.

Peach MelbaTo make 10ml:- Add 0.9ml of Capella Peaches & Cream, 0.2ml of Capella French Vanilla,0.3ml of Capella Vanilla Custard and 0.3ml of Capella Raspberry to 8.3ml of your preferred VG/PG/Nicmix.

Butter MintTo make 10ml:- Add 0.9ml of Capella Vanilla Custard, 0.3ml of Capella Butter, and 0.3mlof Capella Peppermint to 8.5ml of your preferred VG/PG/Nicmix. Allow to steep.

Creamy Strawberry Waffle
    To make 10ml:- Add 1.0ml of Capella Waffle Flavour and 0.5ml of Capella Strawberries & Cream, to 8.5ml of your preferred VG/PG/Nicmix. Allow to steep.

Minty Mochaccino
    To make 10ml:- Add 0.5ml of Capella Peppermint and 0.5ml of Capella Cappuccino with 0.5ml of Capella Double Chocolate to 8.5ml of your preferred VG/PG/Nic mix.

Jucy Sweet WatermelonTo make 10ml:- Add 2.5ml of Capella Sweet Watermelon and 0.2ml of Ethyl Maltol to 7.3ml of your preferred VG/PG/Nic mix.

Very Berry
    To make 10ml:- Add 2.5ml of Capella Harvest Berry and 0.4ml of Capella Sweet Strawberry to 7.1ml of your preferred VG/PG/Nic mix. If you want it sweeter, add a couple of drops of sweetener…

Cuban Haze
    To make 10ml:- Add 0.7ml of Capella Coconut, 0.4ml of Capella Hazelnut,with0.2ml Capella Bold Tobacco and 0.2ml of Capella Vanilla Custard finally add 8.5mlof your preferred VG/PG/Nic mix. Add a couple of drops of Ethyl Maltol / sweetener…

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    farangmick and Konvict like this.
  11. peter-k
    Fine

peter-k Well-Known Member

Use Xylitol or ethyl maltol for sweeting. Don't use sucralose.

12. jorakae

Ethyl maltol, while having some sweetening properties, is considered a flavor enhancer, not a sweetener. I also find that unless it is in very heavy flavors like chocolate, I get a weird aftertaste from it that I don't like. Sucralose is perfect for giving that sugar like sweetness and used in the right amounts doesn't become overbearing, change my flavors, or give me an unpalatable aftertaste.

farangmick likes this.
  13. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

@jorakae you mention an aftertaste from ethyl malto. I have a terrible aftertaste from some juices, apparently mainly from Malaysia for some reason. What is the taste that you get and can you smell it coming from the juice as well? The taste I get is sort of like a vomit and Amelia is the same with wet cardboard thrown in as well.

It is driving me nuts with so many Malaysian juices available here. Lol

14. peter-k
    Fine

peter-k Well-Known Member

In the presence of VG Sucralose breaks down to form Chloropropanol which is a known carcinogen. Another inconvenient issue is, it is not compatible with vaping because it is a known coil gunker.
    **Updated**
    Which type of flavours are these?

15. jorakae

As a preface, it may not be ethyl maltol you are tasting. Some juices are just bad mixes.

For me, it can taste slightly bitter or give a chemical like taste. Similar to that of an artificial sweetener. On freshly made juice, it is definitely detectable by smell and taste to me. Stevia gives me a nearly identical initial flavor, maybe even more bitter. However, both EM and stevia given some time to steep and homogenize with the juice, becomes less detectable and more palatable. On heavier, bitter, or more sour flavors like chocolates, coffees, and some fruits, it can make magic happen. If I didn't tell you it was there, you probably wouldn't be able to guess unless you are even more sensitive to it than I am. As a general rule, I keep it around .5% and try to avoid it unless I know there are flavors I'm using that will benefit from it. It isn't something I just throw in as a substitute for sweetness. When I want to add sweetness, I use sucralose. It has a very clean taste just like sugar with no aftertaste. When I need to meld some flavors together as one, I turn to EM in very small amounts. In some rare cases, I may even use a combination of the two.

I have tried hundreds if not thousands of Malaysian juices. Of those, I have 2 that I actually buy regularly and really enjoy. The great majority of them I find are simply not authentic tasting, too candy like, miss the mark, or otherwise just taste off to me.

farangmick likes this.