1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

The Cost of Good Batteries / Battery Safety Links

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by Siam Diesel, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Neilly
    Lurking

Neilly Flavour Chaser

[​IMG]
    **Updated**
    This little vid is worth watching up to about the 8min mark...I honestly didn't know the pos and neg were that close together.

Obviously we can't use shrink wrap on ours as they wouldn't fit in the mod, but I will certainly be inspecting the wraps on mine a lot closer than I have been.

2. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

Great video.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Siam Diesel and Neilly like this.
  3. v 4 vendetta
    No Mood

v 4 vendetta Well-Known Member

Neilly and Siam Diesel like this.
  4. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Thread Starter Nauti Moderator Staff Member

hotdogs1, Konvict and Neilly like this.
  5. hotdogs1

hotdogs1 Well-Known Member

Siam Diesel likes this.
  6. hotdogs1

Just swapped out a battery in one of my mods. I noticed it is the negative end that is spring loaded.
    So you insert the negative end, compress the spring loaded pin and do your best to not damage the insulation coating on the positive end. The contact pins are easily big enough to arc out the positive and negative on that end of the battery if the insulation is damaged.
    Checked my other 2 mods and they both also had this dangerous design flaw.

A picture of 2 of my batteries damaged on the negative end from use in an original kBox that has a threaded cap with a spring on the negative end. That sort of damage on the positive end wouldn't end well.

Check your mods and be careful changing the batteries. Spring loaded negative contact pins are an accident waiting to happen.

image.jpeg

7. hotdogs1

New shrink wrap on battery. It's quite a bit thicker and now it won't fit in the old KBox. Fits in the new KBox mini but much snugger than before.

image.jpeg

8. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Did you strip off the old wrap or re-wrap over it??

Sent from my P3 Ti...

Konvict and hotdogs1 like this.
  9. hotdogs1

Stripped off the old wrap. The heat shrink is more of a rubbery compound. The original wrap is more like vinle ( not sure on the spelling of vinle). I'd say the heat shrink is at least twice as thick. Bought some vernier so yesterday but they were crap. Had about .5mm play in them. Straight in the bin.

10. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

I got my re-wraps from FT...vinyl, not rubber...same thickness as the original wrap and took about a minute to apply with a hair dryer.

Sent from my P3 Ti...

Konvict and hotdogs1 like this.
  11. Neilly
    Lurking

Neilly Flavour Chaser

Siam Diesel, Konvict and hotdogs1 like this.
  12. hotdogs1

Nice one. I have a bit of shrink wrap and thought I'd give it a go. The thing with shrink wrap, the more you shrink it the thicker it gets. So on the ends it was rather thick. Took me about 3 hours of carefully trimming around that danger end to get the battery to make good contact in the charger.

Shrink wrapped a drip tip and the end of some pointy nose while I had the gear out.

You have a hair dryer?

image.jpeg
    **Updated**
    Thanks, I think I'll order some.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  13. Koki
    Cool

Koki Well-Known Member

one of my batt's head is dented a little. I must have pressed the head in too hard. So should I not use this anymore ? Thx.

[​IMG]

14. hotdogs1

Not sure about safe. Happened to one of mine when it rolled off the coffee table. I heat shrunk the the end of a small flat screw driver, slipped it underneath and popped it back up.
    **Updated**
    Got some verniers a few days ago. The rubber shrink wrap is 0.6mm thicker than the vinyl fitted to the battery.. Actually 0.3mm either side would be more correct I guess.

Siam Diesel and Koki like this.
  15. MonoXimian
    Angelic

MonoXimian Active Member

I need to buy some new 18650 flat top batteries ( for my Ovale) and was wondering if anyone has seen any batteries that they would recommend on Lazada as I prefer their cash on delivery without postage charges that other vendors offer

Thanks for any info

MonoXimian