1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Thailand Vapers Anonymous - Help is at Hand!

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vapers Lounge' started by Siam Diesel, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

I get the impression your not taking this thread seriously. What was it you said when you started it?

Ready to press the "buy" button for the latest and greatest mod that you absolutely must have even though you just bought 4 new ones in the last month? Is that newly released atty calling your name as though from a Siren's lips? Need help resisting the temptation to spend the week's food money on some new juices? Has your wife threatened to leave you if you buy one more spool of kanthal or bag of cotton? Do your kids look at you and shake their heads in disgust when you start talking about clapton coils and how you just 'need' that new drill to twist the wires together?

Well, this is the place to get help to fight those urges and compulsions!
    And your TV mates are here to help you get through the crisis!

Siam Diesel likes this.
  2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Thread Starter Nauti Moderator Staff Member

^^^ LMAO...I hate it when that happens! :D
    I already pulled the trigger and I haven't bought anything for quite awhile (the Zero doesn't count :p).
    I didn't need it but I wanted it to complete the P3 family...and yes, the dogs will eat tomorrow.
    My compulsion continues!
    :grin: :pleasure:

Mack and Konvict like this.
  3. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

My biggest help in taking this thread a little seriously is the number of box mods that Im collecting that have stopped working. It hasn't stopped me spending money though as I have masses of electronics and a 3D printer under construction to help me make my own. Guess my addiction takes a different course.:rolling laugh:

Oh the VF has finally hit the dust, fire button no longer works. So 300USD for 8 months operation - 2 months back in the states and I'm no longer a fan, add to that the bad corrosion around the 510 and the battery covers and its not been a good one for me. I now have 4 mods waiting for rehousing, and a DNA40 Big Screen chip set.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  4. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

That's fixable...Vapor Shark is now handling repairs...I think it's $25 plus shipping.

I bought another one...Blackout VF...works great so far (fingers crossed). My other one got replaced...it returned here with a screen glitch. Trying to decide if I get it fixed again or not...

Mack likes this.
  5. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

I don't think a fire button and 2 months wait is worth the 25usd, ill open it and replace it myself I think. Ive really got to get my 3D printer up and running when Im back then Ill have no need for new box mods as I think all mine are fixable. Also the search for a wooden box still goes on.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  6. Neilly
    Lurking

Neilly Flavour Chaser

7. The Rev
    Sleepy

The Rev Forgiven Member

Alright guys.... So a little back story. About a year ago or so I jumped on a preorder for the IPV2. The company I went through, Elev8vape, gathered tons of crap press because they were offering it at more than $40 cheaper than anyone else out there. Their competition stirred up a complete crapstorm around them in all the big forums. As the day of the incoming shipment got closer P4U came out and said that Elev8vape wasn't an authorized dealer and so they wouldn't stand by any warranties for any IPV2s purchased through them. Truth is that P4U was pissed that Elev8vape didn't follow their price fixing scheme and so all the distribution was torked off. To top it off just before my spiffy new mod hit my doorstep, P4U announced the IPV2s which was the same as mine but upgradable by the usb port. Anyway, surely that was the last time I would do business with P4U....bunch of jerks!

Now this last weekend I was fortunate to meet up with Scratchy down here on Phuket. Among many of the toys he brought along was the IPV D2. The previous week I had been salivating over the Stratum AL. It looked like it would be the perfect mod in hand. Nice size, weight and ergonomically perfect... only issue is the insane pricetag of around $500. Well dang if Scratchy's D2 didn't scratch every itch I had for the Stratum. It was perfect. I quickly pushed it out of my thoughts as we drove home.

Now every since I got back it seems everyone and their brother is raving about their D2 or bitching because theirs hasn't even shipped yet (fasttech site). This afternoon I thought to look for them here on the local vendor's threads. Nope, no one has 'em. Then I looked at another vendor's thread who recent had a bit of a rough go with one of our better respected members. Guys I lost control and now I feel kind of dirty. It's on it way.

I need to go and repent now.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  8. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Ok, no fair teasing us...from where did you get it?

Wait...don't tell me...you got seduced by GearBest???
    :rolling laugh:

The Rev likes this.
  9. The Rev
    Sleepy

The Rev Forgiven Member

*Nods* Nowhere have I said I'm proud of what I've done.

Neilly and Siam Diesel like this.
  10. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

LOL...you'll be fine as long as it's not a pre-order item.

Sent from my P3 Ti...

The Rev likes this.
  11. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

Or you need to return it under warranty. lol.

The Rev and Siam Diesel like this.
  12. The Rev
    Sleepy

The Rev Forgiven Member

"Aw crap...He saw me"

Aw Mack I swear I really was planning to never do business with them. I hope you know I'm not a dick.... I just have... No excuses.. I'm sorry bro.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  13. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

Your intentions were good, that's all that matters lol.

The Rev and Siam Diesel like this.
  14. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

The ordering part is the most exciting anyway. After that, everything just fades away ^^

Moog, The Rev and Siam Diesel like this.
  15. The Rev
    Sleepy

The Rev Forgiven Member

I don't know.... I get more excited than my dogs when the mail guy shows up :p

haybilly, Moog, Tibo and 1 other person like this.