1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Thai e-cig laws

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by smithereens, Jul 4, 2014.

1. smithereens

smithereens Thread Starter Member

Just read in a few new threads about seized packages in the past, and customs getting stricter recently, and it got me wondering about the legality of simply vaping in public.

I usually vape when driving, sometimes when walking around, and also outside public places where before I'd go for a smoke. I always thought it was best to keep it out of sight at certain times - just to be a bit careful. A few weeks ago I was having a vape on a bench near Central World and was getting some pretty intent looks from a policeman - enough to prompt me to pack up and move along.

Does anyone have experience dealing with the authorities when vaping in public? Would be very interesting to hear some stories...

2. BadWingman

BadWingman Newbie

No problems at all thus far. I recently had my car turned inside out because I did a u turn at a drug check point. I had no idea was just doing the u turn. 20min searching my car with 4 guys and they looked at my ecig for 5 sec. Asked me what it was and ok.

3. smithereens

smithereens Thread Starter Member

Good to hear! I've been paranoid as f*** going thru checkpoints knowing that my ecig is sitting right there between the seats. Only time I was ever stopped was before I started vaping. It was a drunk driver check and even though I was sober I was super paranoid then too because the cop totally reminded of an evil corrupt Venezuelen cop at the end of the movie Secuesto Express.