1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

TC works well... all the time

Discussion in 'Temperature Control board Talk' started by Chemist, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Chemist
    Cold

Chemist Thread Starter Member

Here's short version of my first two hours with TC. IPV5... mmmm... it came.
    Got some stainless from a friend. Unknown grade, unknown diameter. Eye says 0.3mm 304.
    Coil! youtube, youtube, well nobody really cares about coils number. Ok
    2,5 diameter coil, 5 rounds, 0,3 Ohm... should work. Ooops, burned cotton. Ooops, I did it again.
    Ahaaa, forgot to set up the resistance. Ok.
    Resistance set up 240, test, cotton Ok.
    Liquid in, assemble, no steam.
    150C, 200C, 300C. No steam
    40 J, 60 J, 120 J. No steam.

Where's the set up?

2. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

Eh, I feel as lost as you do...

But maybe because I have never tried TC...there are loads that did, so I am sure is on its way soon if they are out partying because it's Friday after all...

Siam Diesel likes this.
  3. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

Do you have any indication it is actually firing? Any message on the screen? Is the wattage/voltage reading fluctuating when you fire it? Did you set the resistance when the coil was completely cooled? Double check tightness of the coil and other atomizer connections including the 510 pin? BTW, what is your resistance reading after locked cool when its cool?

Not being sure you have SS 304, have you tried SS316L or a custom TCR for 304? I know it may not be the issue here but if it is any SS wire type, using Ni200 or Ti preset or TCR value will make it fire far too hot. Same if it is SS316L and you set it to SS430 or SS304....too hot. Just for future reference.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
    Siam Diesel likes this.
  4. Chemist
    Cold

Chemist Thread Starter Member

Yes, seems after manual TCR over 0.310 the steam appeared.

5. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

If you had to use that value, sounds like it is not SS 304 and is behaving more like NiFe 30 or Ti1. Anyway, glad you got it working!

6. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

TCR for all major grades of SS are somewhere between 088 and 105. SS 410 goes to 155 and it is the highest I know of in the SS family. NiFe30 is right at 320 at Titanium 1 is at 350. The only other wires I know of in the 300's are Platinum or Gold.