1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

TC Consistency

Discussion in 'Temperature Control board Talk' started by Lotta, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

Once more I have the disquieting need to say something that shows my noob status in TC. Very disconcerting. Lol

It appears that the TC will start to kick in after a few draws on the atty. So...as I live in isaan now and it is colder than a witches tits up here atm, could my problem also be related to ambient temperature? I have a half second 150w hard preheat, I thought that would do it. Got to get to scribe and increase the preheat to check it out more but not on the right computer

farangmick likes this.
  2. peter-k
    Fine

peter-k Well-Known Member

Either they implement aa testing cycle in the chipset to measure real TCR, or a real temperature sensor is needed.
    Me thinks you forgot how cold witches tits really can be.

Yes, thinkable. They also have an internal temperature sensor.

Eh, what was your problem quick?

Longtail1 likes this.
  3. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

Thanks for the help guys. I'm feeling a touch lost here as there seem to be a lot of variables that I can't measure accurately. To solve this I think I will go back to square one, with one atty type only, and discard everything I thought I knew. Then start trying to understand 1 thing at a time. I have a feeling the trouble is I am trying to get the best battery and vape performance possible, as I have always done when using kanthal previously, while not fully comprehending how TC works and the board regulates it. Limit my mistakes is the way to go,

Thanks for all your help guys.
    **Updated**
    Well I have got 1 28g dual Ti at .31r working very nicely in a Bellus at 540F. Now to see if I can get a Goliath V2 working. Lol

farangmick likes this.
  4. lordofthedread
    Cloud_9

lordofthedread Professional Lurker

10 -11 degrees here in CM and I had to rqaise my temp- from 210 to 220 so I guess outside temp does impact the TC

5. peter-k
    Fine

I did notice when it is very hot here I did not like the vape as much.

6. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

I am still having to take 2-3 draws on an atty to get it to show temp protection warning if I leave it to cool for a while. Just getting colder all the time here as night draws in and the rain falls. Np more building for me. I can't feel my hands for more than half a build. lol

7. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

I think the ambient can have an effect, especially if you lock resistance and change temp environments without adjusting after its acclimated to the new ambient. I haven't really made serious note of it but have seen where I leave my air con office room and after a while outside in the sun with some mods, the vape can be warmer and more powerful feeling. I think this is with the mods that require resistance measurement/lock/set such as the Yihis. Not 100% sure though.

Longtail1 likes this.
  8. Scratchy
    Lurking

Wow, @Longtail1 ! 540 F on a DNA200? Really? That's a pretty hot vape in my book and I'm not surprised you do not readily get to temp protect message. If you have good airflow and wicking, it may be struggling to do so, even with what I would say is a very strong and powerful pre-heat burst. What's your wattage set at?

Longtail1 likes this.
  9. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

I'm still a dripper at heart. lmao So hence the warm vape.

Wattage on that was set to 40W with a half second 150W preheat at 11 punch.

The main ones I am having trouble with seem to be the 26g builds, particularly SS, but I have one working now, dual 10 wrap 2.4ID .32 r in a Gloiath V2, Very nice vape indeed. I am still experimenting with the large surface area builds but the Ti I have working is a 7 wrap 28g and still getting a really good vapor from that as well. If I still have problems I will work my way down to smaller coils and see what happens.
    **Updated**
    Just to add I am always on full airflow and I like to think that I can wick fairly well (yeah I know…blowing my own horn. Lol) so yes It could well be the problem I am having getting to temp.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
    Siam Diesel and Scratchy like this.
  10. peter-k
    Fine

How is th noise from the coil when vaping?

11. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

Ti is much quieter than Kanthal, basically I don't really notice it but SS is about 50% of the noise of Kanthal.

12. peter-k
    Fine

Sounds about as what my coils usually do. Any popping noises, in the beginning?

13. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

Not really. Again very quiet even then
    **Updated**
    Here is a perfect example of what I can't work out.

Yesterday I have a perfectly good build, Ti, working great in Tc, including refill of tank. Today still working great. Do a refill today and it no longer reaches temperature. Same juice and mod.

14. peter-k
    Fine

Temperature control is not as precise as it should be, but should not change things just after refilling a tank. Did the room temperature change or is it still cold like witches tit?

If you are keen to reach temp protection try a coil with a smaller diameter. 2 mm hits it pretty fast on my device.

15. Scratchy
    Lurking

Which mod? I have seen similar with rx200 and Vtc mini (also changing base testable reading when switching between default wire setting and a manual tcr). Haven't really seen it on any other TC mod I own could be you have a loose connection at the coil or 510 and your refilling is making it apparent as your manipulating the tank. Which tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk