1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

SX Mini ML

Discussion in 'Temperature Control board Talk' started by ckapp, Dec 4, 2015.

1. ckapp
    Amused

ckapp Thread Starter Smile!

Guess what Clint is going to be watching this evening? Thank you super-extra muchas gracias. I've been hoping someone would cover this and search I YT frequently. Thanks!!!
    **Updated**
    It's awesome. The review is excellent, the intro to the SXI app is enough of an introduction and to me shows just how intuitive the power ramping profiles are. Oh, the joys of it all... Love the mod anyway, and as Jake said, it is indeed an elegant device.

Thanks, gorealmighty for posting this review! Thrilled, actually...

gorealmighty likes this.
  2. ckapp
    Amused

SX Mini ML Update: Well, ok... not a complaint, no - far from it. But, My first ML is going home to see its makers. This issue with using Ti wire in the Ti setting in the menu system doesn't work very well at all. Amanda from SX Mini customer support told me just to use the mod in Ni200 mode with Ti wire, which worked like a charm. Yet, at nearly $200.00USD, we would expect this not to be necessary.

The people at Legadgets in KL confirmed my experiences this evening and we tried my Ti-built SC/RDTA/V's on their mods and it worked beautifully in Ti mode, but with a catch: They run their ML's with the temp compensation (for ambient air temp correction) set to 10°F. This tells me that there's a power delivery issue in the firmware that needs to be lied to in order to bring the power up to the fictitious needs of very cold ambient air temperature.

We all know from experience that when an OS is introduced, it takes a few updates before it really works as it was intended. When OSX 10.11 first launched, it was dog-slow. Now, running 10.11.2, it really hums along... I suspect the same is true with the current version of the ML Class's firmware.

Regardless, I bought a second one while the first one goes on a spa-holiday in Shenzhen, China. I've expressed a keen interest concerning what they find once the engineering and programming team get their hands on it. By contrast, the VT200 doesn't give flying F_ _ _ what you stick on it. I mentioned this to the people in the store, but wouldn't dare say that to the folks at YiHi. Isn't necessary...

Meanwhile, the new one works like a champ in Ti mode (but with the "temp" cheat) and I wanted two anyway. Time to ditch the VT200 and the last remaining IPV D2. Two mods is enough. Now, about those sexy black SC/RDTA's to match my ML's....

Hello, Maggie? It's me again :)

3. ckapp
    Amused

Another superb SX Mini ML Class review and intro to the SXi-Q application.